Updating the K'thir Forest Public Decks

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Senshu, Oct 23, 2014.

?

Which deck you would most like to see as the next K'thir Forest Public Deck?

Poll closed Oct 30, 2014.
  1. Dawn of K'thir

35 vote(s)
    46.1%
  2. Dugon's Absence

21 vote(s)
    27.6%
  3. The Unseen

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  4. Together in Arms

10 vote(s)
    13.2%
  1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Hello Everyone,

As many of you are aware the public decks have been in need of some updating given all the changes to Runes. As such we have been working together with the Player Council to put together several new Public Decks. The council went around and pulled together many different deck ideas that show the possibilities of this faction.

We want all of you to vote for which decks you would like to replace the existing Public Decks. Each forum account can vote for 1 deck per faction. All of these decks have been designed to be comparable as possible to each other and the other factions' Public Decks.

Note: Public Decks are the static decks you earn from playing the Walkthrough Campaigns or purchase from the Training Match deck selection.

Dawn of K'thir
    This deck is focused on the elf theme. Currently one of the better 'themes' within' K'thir, this deck is extremely straight forward and can be used at all levels of difficulty/skill.
    "With the influence of the Eternal Circle Fading, Menalaus's following grows stronger."

Dugon's Absence
    This is a Garu themed Public Deck. This is a strong melee focused deck with a strong lean on power turns. Intermediate skill level required.
    "We look to the elders to show us strength and fury; We follow Fiorn for the Horn of K'thir has sung."

The Unseen
    This is a Fairy deck. Difficulty is at a higher degree, simply because Fae can get outclassed easily under the right circumstances. With enough skill the player can overcome these issues, via tricks/spells/control.
    "We've remained hidden in the shadows; for our legacy hadn't been foretold. Now the Oracles speak of destruction and carnage, it is now our fates are unraveled."

Together in Arms
    This is a fun deck the council member made because it combines the elements of Elves who are attuned to the true nature of the Beasts that hunt and prowl in their home.
    "Together we fight as one creature of the forest, fang and fur. Brain and brawn. Nothing will stop us."

We are open to any suggestions regarding summaries and quotes for these decks. This Poll will be open until October 30th.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  2. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Dawn of k'thir shouldn't win. The elves are a boring theme. Make the theme deck an underplayed but fun bg like faries. However, instead of Wisps, please make them Starlight Sylphs. Wisps have always been bad and Sylphs are the heavy hitter of any Fairy BG.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  3. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

Together in Arms has Timberwolves and so I vote for them. With that said, why is the protectorate helm in there?!?

Edit: Also, new players and the Fae don't go together well.

4. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Dawn of K'thir seems like the best deck to me. It's always better to start off with a meta deck, then try and jump right in to a theme deck. Theme decks are more interesting and fun to use, but a meta deck will lay down the basics for a newer player. Also if the player chooses the meta deck, they get a variety of runes that can expand into theme decks once the player is done practising with the meta deck.

xezno likes this.
  5. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Everythhing is default upgraded so, slyphs suck in a public deck.

6. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Can someone explain Together in Arms to me? I do understand the focus of the deck. Beast and trees?

7. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Just a mash up between Elves and Beasts. There are Elves like the Druid/Woodmarshal that have the ability to change forms into something beasty, promoting synergy that way. Elven Snakecharms to command the back lines and vashal to lay waste in the front lines.

xezno likes this.
  8. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

Voted for dawn of k'htir because it the most straightforwand and easiest to use for a newbie. Just some changes that seems to be needed:
    - Carnivorous vines (such a bad spell...)
    + another unit with attack magical (Elven mage or Apprentice Mage would be ok).

NiGhtMaRiK likes this.
  9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Carnivorous vines is actually quite amazing.

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

To be quite honest, the current KF public decks (K'thir Dawn and Rat Pack) aren't so bad.

SPiEkY likes this.
  11. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

dawn of k'thir op

12. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I voted for Dawn of K'thir. Fairies get honorable mention because they are so darn cute! Dawn of K'thir seems to be the easiest and most straightforward deck for a newer player. I'm surprised we don't see a Tree deck here and would have preferred one over "Together In Arms".

13. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

made a post about it in the main discussion, we should absolutely NOT let them be default upgraded

14. Senshu

All of these decks were made with default upgrades in mind. There is no way to set anything other than the defaults for Public Decks.

15. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

Dawn of Kthir since it is most noob friendly.
    Not too many abilities, or atleast ones you need to use effectively to win.
    The spells and equips are simple an straightforward.

It encaptures the essence of Kthir and is efficient without being complicated.
    Perfect to branch out from.

I personally would take out Reclaim.
    It has its merits as one of Kthir staples, so it makes sense to have.
    Im just wary that newer players will never have encountered a mechanic that forces them to stop attacking on a terrain and may be confused.
    I feel the spell could induce rage in newcomers while facing a highly ranged BG in a environment where range is powerful, speed caps fonts, and chokes are frequent.
    Just thinking back to when i was new, i would definitely be upset about facing this BG solely because of this spell.

That said, ST spam, FW mobi, and SL benediction use to make me rage too, lol so i guess its fine. Im more tenacious than most though.

16. xezno

I would have to agree from what I have seen. I have been using K'thir Dawn allot lately and I love the deck. It is very versatile and easy to comprehend. Rat Pack does take a bit more time to understand and skill to play but I think it would have been perfect with addtion of some kind of detection (there is none now) and KF Banner since those rats need every HP they can get.

As for the decks listed, I am not sure Dawn of K'thir will be any better than K'thir Dawn but that is just a noob perspective. I also have to agree with @Ralphen that Elven Mage would make an excellent addition but as for what to remove, I would leave that up to the experts.

EDIT: Actually with removal of Garu Den Mother and addition of actual champs that are not 5 speed 80+ nora and worthless, I do see Dawn of K'thir being much better. I forgot about her since I never deploy her now and just look at it as 2 dead slots. Sorry I have allot of hate toward that champ. It annoys me so much the few times I have been forced to deploy her. Really who came up with the idea of a champ that is only worth while when its child is being beaten?

17. Senshu

Well the voting process is over. A big thanks to everyone who participated.

18. xezno

eh, to bad voting is over. I now have remorse and wish I would have voted for Dugon's Absence. I threw together a Dawn of K'thir deck and it is SUPER draw dependent. It is either super strong or super weak, no in between. hmm, I see it only mentions one deck will be chosen but will their be a second deck like there is now? Dugon's Abesnce would make an awesome second deck.

19. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

I just wish the Garu BG didnt have so many terribad Garu in it.

But, I am also still but-hurt about fiorn getting neutered with a rusty spoon.

To be fair, most 'den-mothers' are in charge of mostly other people's children. So, the Den mother is worthwhile when OTHER people's children are being beaten....must be scared of the lawyers since they slapper her with that class action Nerf-suit.

I like the elf deck as a starting place for new folks...but off the top of my head I remember a lot of those runes having bad default upgrades. So that is definitely a consideration. New person goes 'wait...i get this rune as a reward, but they want money for me to actually use its good abilities?'