What does sl think of the new bonus as it is now ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, May 3, 2017.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Oh, there is also a 3rd option for the SL bonus - which is for it work the same as Tough... but not be called Tough and also stacks with Tough. Which I think WOULD be confusing. Because now you have a situation where 2 identical effects are "different" but yet function exactly the same.

2. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

The problem atm is SL have too many tools in their arsenal like SP had, if they were to lose something like inhibiting touch and maybe something else they might be balanced. Taking away cleanse from SP was all you needed to balance it...

Can we get a themed mid term sometime in the future? Maybe a Demi Gods one? Will Firk ever get their lord and saviour Cthulhu?

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Cool thank you and yeah that makes sense on the new player perspective, I mostly just don't wanna see the game have the same thing that happened with the steam launch so this might be why I wanna make sure everything's perfect to give pox it's best chance.

You have done a great job at making the game less complex and it's shown, also done some good work making it more free to play. Hopefully the alt situation can get ironed out so people don't abuse the shard system and actually play against other new players instead of alts.

Either way thanks for clearing that all up and keep up the good work.

4. super71

I'd just make the sl bonus tough 2 to be honest or defense +3, but that's not my call.

Sl bonus

full faction- tough 2
    split faction- tough 1

Sl bonus can only be stacked to the maximum of tough 3, their really aren't ways to stack tough though other than the sl bonus and you would just have to eliminate tough 2 and 3 from the faction and only a few champions have tough 2 and 3 in sl.

5. Braxzee

Braxzee I need me some PIE!

That would not be fair. All the other factions have some weird bonus that stacks. Your proposal would be a huge nerf to the faction. SL -2 dmg off of damage originating from champs. It is simple and reflects the flavor of SL of the past.

6. super71

Tough 2 on an entire faction would be a nerf , okay then I guess. The bonus would also still stack but to a maximum of tough 3. Also depends on how your defining stack, tough 2 across the board would still stack with other defensive abilities, or do you mean stacking it to like 6 toughness ? Stacking tough would be silly and has never existed in the game. Didn't know fw bonus stacks ?

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It'd certainly be a buff since Tough 2 is stronger than the current bonus. (This is aside from the stack-ability issue, of course.)

8. super71

Yeah but stacking tough to 6 would be crazy unless he just means defensive stacks defender, shroud, enduring aura etc in which case you could still do that.

9. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I liked it better when the UD and SL bonuses cancelled each other out.

Tweek516 likes this.
  10. Michael

Michael I need me some PIE!

Easy solution, give all SL champs 0 defense.
    Don't change the faction bonus.

11. super71

The thing is defense isn't really that big of an issue anymore as their are so many abilities that go around it. It's things like regen, scale armor, evasive, reflexes etc. that when stacked with the sl bonus make things very difficult.

Truthfully i'd like to see defense eliminated entirely as it's pretty much useless in today's game and just add's extra cost. The argument for keeping defense used to be longevity of the champ, with today's soaring damages in certain factions and the focus on one rounding champs defense is rarely a factor anymore.

Almost every ability now says "this ability ignores defense"

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  12. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

That just sounds like an excuse to not develop a game to be new player friendly.