Why are trees still not dealt with? It just doesnt make sense.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Baskitkase, Jul 27, 2014.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Go crawl back into your cave you old fart.

2. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Youre a fruit

3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

2x2 shroud alone is worth 80 nora in todays meta.

4. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Someone should let Wall of Ailur know.

5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

He is 80 nora o_O

6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

he'll catch on.

Grand General Mosh likes this.
  7. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Leoss also spam units like trees do, so theres the same number of champs to give evasive to

claydude5, Zythraak and profhulk like this.
  8. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

Playing vs trees is like pulling teeth right now, they have so many over the top units... I mean, take root 1 nora, Surge: Plant with loads of summons 5 nora (while Surge: Hyaenid is 7 nora for god knows what reason). Dryad could be 70 nora and would probably still be good, vuln: fire knocks off waaaaaay too many points, all their guys have 3+ def, and unlike tortuns hit like trucks and have multiple boost sources.

I don't think trees can be taken out without major changes, nerfing one will just cause another of their monsters to become popular.

P.S. Compare Gnarlwood Patriarch to Wall of Ailur for kicks. They're almost the same champ.

9. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Patriarch would be 70 to 74 without the reductions from Lethargic and Vulnerability Fire. Wall is 80 without them.
    If you gave Wall of Ailur Lethargic and Vulnerability Fire, he would cost 66 Nora. Patriarch is 60 with them.
    The remainder is Wall's +1 Speed, +1 Damage, +4 Health, and different ability configuration.

There really isn't anything abnormal between the cost of the two, save that Patriarch has lower base speed and two cost reducing additions.

10. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Dont forget Lash down and treefolks blessing!

Mini mobilize and completly lock a champion for 4 turns!
    Give your tree´s regen 3, res:phys 3 and +3 def for a cheap nora cost!

11. Flavorite

Flavorite New Member

12. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

These are the only solutions I see for the future of Pox.
    Trees aren't the only unbalanced things on pox right now, they are only the most popular out of all the broken runes. Its useless to cut a branch from a weed. You have to take it out from the root.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2014
  13. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

IseewhatIdidthere

14. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

Yes lash down and blessing may be a bit too much too. But the main problemy is the incredible efficiency of all the trees alone, and the fact that one buffs the others.

15. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I really hope they will be addressing the problem with trees (and Ancestral Avenger still crazy) this week.

16. TheCitadel

TheCitadel New Member

Hopefully. I play rarely but if I do, I usually used a Tree/Plant deck but right now I don't dare play because of the stigma attached to trees atm.
    Having said that, I also hope the greens rather listen to Gorebuckets suggestions over in the Kthir forum.

17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Oh ST beasts are definitely broken. No doubt. I'd give an edge to trees + AA just because they're more alround and ST beasts suffer from 2x2s on some maps, but what ST beasts lack in summons they make up for free hp on their champs.

If we first look at take root and the synergy between all the champs, then we can nerf them to the ground if needed.

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Like I said, beasts are broken in their own way.

Not as broken as AA if you don't run a bg full of magic damage, but still horrendously broken.

19. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

We should just leave them alone.
    That is, unless we can cut the problem down at the trunk.
    Let's not branch out to any other topics on this thread

Karmavore likes this.
  20. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its time to release "the lumberjack" - "once the lumberjack is deployed all treesor plants destroyed. Once a tree or plants are deployed its instantly destroyed and there is a nice basecamp is spawned where it was deployed"

sOLVED.