Would it be worth making a database Fan Site for custom made decks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BatmanV26, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Would it be worth making a database Fan Site for custom made decks.

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

The site would be where people could register and share there own custom made decks. This would be great for when new patches have been put in to place, people could actually know the latest type of deck's people are using. This idea would make a perfect place for new new comers to PoxNora!

Xzablaz likes this.
  2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

The amount of work needed is one of the main things for me, but if someone is willing to do it and its quick and simple enough to use, i cant see why not. The forums do offer a degree of this sort of thing but its often tricky to find a decklist thats upto date or at least reasonably so. The only other issues i have is the fact that the decks would need regularish updating when new patches hit or they become far less useful, but thats on the people posting and whether theyre willing to do it. And that it wont really work if it doesnt get enough people posting decks.

I think the most important thing is the way the site looks and works, it needs to be quick and simple to use imo.

3. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Like a Poxfire?

4. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Elaborate Lushiris?

5. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

I personally want a site where I can look up players and their records versus certain players, factions, etc. I'd love to search myself and have information like:

Markoth
    Primary Faction: Ironfist Stronghold
    [Recent Win% over last 100 games]

Nemesis: Player you have the lowest win rate against (At least 5 games?)

Top 5 Win Percentage Against:
    UD: 86%
    KF: 72%
    FS/UD: 71%
    Etc.

Lowest Win Percentage Against:
    SL: 46%
    SP: 38%
    Etc.

6. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

It can be done but I don't know about the API of PoxNora and how it works, also API ain't my strongest part of web development BUT if players was to input the first part of what you mentioned with the name, primary faction ect that is possible for sure. The way I would have it to work is a page dedicated to that alone and nothing to do with the custom deck area and later if I get to understand API more then that dedicated page can be updated with the second part of what you mentioned: Nemesis, Top 5 win percentage ect.

7. Lushiris

As in the Mobafire website for LoL champion builds, they have similar websites for several other MOBAs as well.

8. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Yeah like that, but not that advance i'm afraid BUT good enough to read and understand.

9. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

Could be similar to this:
    Deck name: xxx by Ironstylus (click to view profile)
    Patch: Planar Disturbances
    Faction: FS/ST
    *actual deck*
    Core: this+this+this
    Replacable runes: this+this
    Wild cards: these
    Player notes:

Kampel, Anima26 and BatmanV26 like this.
  10. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

I'm still working on this just so some of you are aware. If their is any developers that could assist me with something please message me.

11. Lushiris

12. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

This is exactly what I was thinking.

Discussion should be a feature on the database, Idt moving discussion from the forums to another site is necessarily the most ideal but it'd be best way for clarification on those specific Battlegroups. Perhaps having a rating system and a refine search option to check for most recent battlegroups and what not.

Lushiris likes this.
  13. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Poxbase.com was the one we always used to use. But it looks like it has not been updated in a while. Obviously it also lacks specific registration of users to decks (which is arguably good, reducing friction) and commenting on decks, but I would say that existing functionality is the mark you need to hit.

14. TheNidhogg

TheNidhogg I need me some PIE!

Someone had a tool that would do the player vs player stuff, but I don't believe faction information is easily scrapable / accessible at all externally.

15. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

I might end up messaging one of these members if I don't solve it my self. Thanks Lushiris!

On each posted form that will be linked to the database will have hopefully a comment and rating system under it. Just so you know it's very complex to get all the function to work the way I want it too so it might take a little bit of time but I will get their at the end of this wonderful project.

Poxbase is something I not long found out about it's a shame it's not being updated.

It's a good idea but it would take the fun out of actually playing PoxNora. player vs player stuff is way to complex for me to handle anyway, the form to database with a rating, commenting on decks is most probably maxing my self out.

Xzablaz and aseryen like this.
  16. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Hello All!

Been developing the system. Check it out here http://demohost.esy.es/formcreate.php?

Still a little bit to do and implementing it with the current design I have but we shall see how that goes.

17. Lushiris

That's great man. But honestly, if it were just possible to take Poxbase's workbench model into an updated database it would be more than good enough, and would spare you a lot of work.

18. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Thanks Lushiris! That could be something to come later on because this system as already started.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Seems neat! What's the system going to be for sorting through runes to put them into a deck?

20. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Thanks Kalasle! The system is going to be for people sharing there latest custom decks to be able to get an idea on what works and what doesn't. This is going to be very good for new comers and people who haven't played for a while.