Would it be worth making a database Fan Site for custom made decks.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BatmanV26, Sep 24, 2016.

?

Would it be worth making a database Fan Site for custom made decks.

1. Yes

20 vote(s)
    90.9%
  2. No

2 vote(s)
    9.1%
  1. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

I like the rune selection and how it feels so far.

Something to keep in the back of your head; I would think that if possible on the right or left 'sidebar' have a category to further sort runes based on Race and Class similar to poxbase. that same sorting can be used to search for saved decks that players can use on a daily basis to look up what BGs will work for the achievements in rotation.

Definitely farther down the line but something to think of when planning out how you're going to go about the like, share, comment features. This is something players could really use, especially new players to maximize their Gold earnings and to better visualize this Champions capably of the same things in current battlegroups players are using to complete their Achievements.

2. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Let me just nicely remind you that this as only been developed in a day and a half, but will have most of the features you mention later on.

Why the negativity? What about if I was to expand a bit like mobafire and brunch out to different games because a system like this could always be updated pretty simply without to much of a effort. Some other games not to sure about this one but they SOMETIMES give out certain things to certain people depending what it is you are after and what you have to offer.

3. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Looking forward to it, keep the updates coming.

4. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

I can give qpdb repo access to Batman if he accepts it, finishing poxbase reroute would only take few hours.
    If he wants to implement everything himself - it's better of course, however we already had H3ll and newsbuff planning to do the thing but seemingly losing interest in the process.

Anima26 likes this.
  5. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Elaborate please Logan.

6. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

7. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Anima26 and aseryen like this.
  8. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Anima26 and aseryen like this.
  9. 4NIK8

4NIK8 I need me some PIE!

Hey Bat, it's nice to see someone take the effort to build something for the community, specially you since your such a new player.

With that said, I do belive that the best way to go would be to pickup from where Logan left, making an adaptation of Poxbase, since that site was almost perfect for building and sharing custom bgs (imo it only lacked some extra filters). It would save you alot of time and the ton of feedback needed from when you start from scratch. Poxbase interface is great and if you could improve upon that it would be awesome (I would bet that 99% of player base is familiar with it).

10. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

Thanks for your comment, and reply Nik!

Best way to put this is just be patient and see what I come up with although poxbase does seem to be decent site and layout BUT I honestly prefer developing from scratch than carrying on something else's project, you do get that bit of achievement in your self that you actually completed something from nothing.

11. BatmanV26

BatmanV26 New Member

I have nearly finished the custom deck platform not to long to go now!

let me know if anything needs to be changed or added please, feedback is important. I nearly forgot to mention the hover over option on each rune will have the image of the rune itself and no writing.

Xzablaz, Tweek516, Anima26 and 4 others like this.