A new trader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tradepox, Nov 10, 2014.

1. tradepox

tradepox New Member

I have already quite the collection that is hopefully enough to start a store with, so I don't require investors. The idea is to bring a service so far superior to poxbox that it should be able to compete even if trade numbers are lower and maybe margins a little higher for faster growth.

The other automated trader was poxth.com I guess.

Anyway I guess I derailed the conversation myself by stating I want to stay anonymous, guess I just have to proof it then!

But the main purpose of this thread stays: what would make a good trader?

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"I have a lot of runes and wish to stay anonymous."

See, there's no way you're someone whom the majority of people would trust if you start out like this.

3. tradepox

tradepox New Member

So burn, even when being weary of my animosity could you give constructive feedback on what you think a good trader should have/do ?

4. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

A good trader should be someone who doesn't hide his name and give no reason to cause suspicion.

BurnPyro likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

10/10

6. tradepox

tradepox New Member

So the 2 of the biggest voices against poxbox are given the chance to actually have input in the potential future trading of poxnora, yet all you do is announce a -for you- undeniable truth that MUST be solved else you cannot give feedback? I am not asking here for anyone to TELL me what to do, I am looking for constructive feedback based on everyone's experience with the poxnora trader and how this can be improved.

If the only input you have is: 'tell me who you are' , then that is noted. Now I want good points like Baskit gives them

@h0spy 's point 3: keeping people logged in can easily be done by using cookies, without storing passwords or usernames but in the form of sessions, unless your computer is hacked no-one can access that cookie. Even the poxnora site itself uses this, its called the JSESSIONID cookie.
    Also on storing passwords, I am a professional web developer with focus on the stateless security in combination with the highly interactive single page (HTML5) applications. One of the reasons to build the trader is to give myself a reason to learn ExtJS5. Best practices of storing passwords are known to me, that means storing them in a way I cannot read them, don't want to be responsible for breaches of accounts in case of a hack.

learnedone and Gnomes like this.
  7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Here are a few things you need to do to get interest and trust:

1. Show your margins. Give examples of how these compare to PB.
    2. Provide examples of your present rune pool.
    3. Explain your intended system - what would turnaround time be, credit banking, etc.
    4. Actually conduct a few trades.

For that last one, you don't even need to have a store site up. You just need to demonstrate you are of a position and mindset to follow through on a system others can understand and interact with. Do the above four, and I'll be with you.

8. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

@tradepox Yeah, I can't give you feedback on something that does not currently exist. Open your store and then perhaps I'll give you feedback after trying it, but im afraid to say that myself and Burn are not clairvoyants who can give you our feedback based on future predictions that may be completely wrong.

Also you simply asked us (being the general public) the question of what we think makes a good trader, and I simply told you what I believe makes a good trader. But hey, if you plan to get offended after I give you a response to your question then go ahead, just another reason for me to not use nor advertise your store in the future.

9. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Well, I'll try it, but I'll check my trades and use a new PW. Which I'll probably promptly forget.

10. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Poxbox is already proven to be a trustworthy site, with that said what pox doesn't need is more off-site traders. It's bad for the game poxnora needs a trader like poxbox on site to get people trading here and spending money here. Bad idea especially since so far you have been sketchy at best.

11. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Having one offsite trader let's decondor have all the control. No competition means he can price runes at whatever he wants. Look at the prices right now. He hoarded the owls after the revamp and now charges 10 times what you traded them in for. He controls the prices of poxnora runes to his advantage.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2014
  12. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Yes and in my opinion pox box shouldn't exist either i used to use it alot but his prices are ridiculous haven't used it in quite a bit. Poxbox is taking at worst 100's of dollars from poxnora every month if not more it's silly they haven't adressed this yet. I understand the devs keep it for new players to trade with but all they are doing is reducing income and player credibility when we have to use another site to trade, and another site to look up abilities. Poxnora's next step really needs to be a better trader on-site that has a point system similar to pox box.

13. decondor

decondor I need me some PIE!

Really wondering what you come up with with! Really wish I had the time to rebuild my site but the technique I use is unfortunately not so flexible!

PS @super71, what you mean prices are ridicules ? Credit wise? (as they are relative to eachother) or $$ Wise? because you know, the higher the prices on my site the better for pox.

14. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Last edited: Nov 12, 2014
  15. tradepox

tradepox New Member

Its gonna be awesome! I already have trade detection! Never wrong tradeID's because there are none! Just submit and trade (means it is also usable from the client!!).

Edit: all I work on at the moment is currently back-end related.

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Then how will it be be connected with our pox accounts?
    How long will it take for you to create this trader a few months?

17. tradepox

tradepox New Member

You still need to make the trade on the poxnora trader, but no scetchy things like copying ID's or URL's.

The back-end simply performs a search and checks all your open trades, if it finds a suitable trade it can bid on that one, or if something is wrong it can give direct feedback. Also if it finds a trade where more runes are added then you placed in the trade it is known.

In potention you could make a poxnora trade and simply select it and have the trader build up your 'IN' part.

Development goes fast for back-end, harder to know for front end.

18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

i think pox box way is better it guarantees nearly 100% trade success, if you implement something like this there is a small chance of error unless you can make it so that it can identify the account it supposed to go to then i guess it should be ok

Also what do you think about my idea on the database that tracks prices for pox by working with DOG.
    I think it exactly what kalasle was talking about but i think it can be helpful if someone could maintain and update the prices every week or so, that way we would not need to completely rely on PB.

Just realised i put it on the wrong thread this is what i was talking about if you haven't read it

I used to play urban rivals which also was a tcg game the had a site which did a very good job monitoring value of each of their cards only difference is that urban rivals controlled price of cards.

if tradebox can work with DOG they can make a similar site to analyze and update prices of the runes it would really help the players.
    This should be done after fogables are released ofc.
    Website for ur database
    http://urdb.kirlad.net