A new trader

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by tradepox, Nov 10, 2014.

1. tradepox

tradepox New Member

Hello Dear Pox Community!,

Yes for those who wonder... I am an alt and not saying who I am!

I work as front-end developer and honestly think poxbox can be made much better! (Yeah I use it too and does provide something great BUT). With that in mind I decided to make this my personal project and start a competition with poxbox! And based on what I can read this will be a much welcomed addition to the trade market.

The idea is a bit of poxbox meets poxbases smoothness. But since I am still in a very early stage I could easily hear out idea's that could maybe make poxbox the new tcgbay (wishful thinking!).

But really, what makes a good trader? And not only for the users but also make it viable to run considering todays market. Some of my idea's (and remember I am a programmer and I am smart but not an economics doctor (and probably most people aren't here)):

- Tier trading, Leg/LE vs CURE or maybe a tier per rarity and up/down tier penalties ? (Probably getting hate on this idea lol)
    - Auto login, instant trade opening.
    - Maybe no login/registration at all and return exces credits/nora's (Yep I think that is a cool currency name) in the form of serial codes that people need to save and can use later. (or even give to new players)
    - Direct, on site feedback on trade status or why a trade would fail.
    - Live price updates
    - Drag & Drop trading.

kalasle and Agirgis1 like this.
  2. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

inb4 Greens release Single Rune Store same day this guy opens his

Oldmaster and Kampel like this.
  3. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I hope you have success simply because a competitive environment is always best in the long run.

Things that I think are important to the user:
    • Perception of a fair trade and business practices (ie, non-predatory inflation)
    • Immediate transaction
    • Availability of stock
    • Security of their account information
    • Quick action after expansions/buffs/nerfs etc.
    Things that I think are important to you, the provider:
    • Making sure that your system is as abuse-proof as possible.
    • Encouraging, or even more strict, requiring equal rarity transactions.
    • Security of information
    I see how you mentioned penalizing trades that are trade-ups, but I really don't think that is a bad idea. The problem is that initially you'll already be fighting an uphill battle on other fronts against poxbox so this might be hard to do - or at least your penalties will have to start out as trivial so that you at least have the groundwork laid. The flip side of this coin is that you could offer a bonus to trade down, having someone trade a Legendary in for an equal value of exo's is a total win for you, you could attempt to quantify that and share some of that back to your trader.

One way you could vastly improve on poxbox, and also a way for you to build your runes, is to have an auction house. This would mean that I would bring my ZYX Card and put it on the AH (with reserve and optional buyout), people would bid on the rune using your points/currency. In order to get these points/currency you could trade in your cards without trading anything out (besides a mirror bronze token trade).

Why might this be hard for you to do? This will require time to get it going. It will require time to continue the upkeep. How much time do you have available?

4. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

I have to point out that I wouldn't use your service unless I knew who you were once this went live. Kudos for the effort, but anonymity is a major sticking point for me.

5. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Right just a few things that brings a red light to my attention.

1. You're an alt but wont say who you are.
    2. Suuwoo scammed people so he could start a store, and funnily enough stores opening are not a common occurance, so maybe this is just a big coincidence.
    3. Doesnt autologin login save all our passwords which may be the same as our pox passwords and you get to view them?

I hope this is legit but if you're Suuwoo im sending someone to San Marcos to rip your balls off.

BloodAshes and BurnPyro like this.
  6. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

I'll try you out with small trades at first but if you scam me I'll definitely find you.

7. tradepox

tradepox New Member

It's not opening yet since I still have to make it ;) But it should be ready on at latest 1st jan (or a little later).

I get the anonymity can have people be weary of the service but I like to keep these things separate, for now at least. But trust me I am not known! I mainly play single player, an occasional training game, love the skirmishes, never post on the forums and exclusively trade with poxbox.

Ps the store will be automated, figured that is very big requirement to even be slightly competitive, already know how I want to do that part!

8. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

As long as it's automated, you can start with pretty much any ui/ux, since your main competetion would be around prices and volumes.

9. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

I've a feeling that you're the one who bought out the candy shop!

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

"I am an alt please trust me with your secrets guys".

You must be both incredibly stupid and naive if you think this is going to work on others.

11. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Yeah. He could be querying for user/pass for those too lazy to create new ones.

12. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I'm disappointed, now a days scammers don't know how to lie well.

You basically went "Hey i'm planning to make a cellphone to compete with Iphones, any ideas?"

Even the scammer guild got bastardized, damn you world!

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

If the margins are smaller than PoxBox, and the initial pool is funded out of your own pocket, I see the trades as essentially risk-free for even incipient traders. Get a site up and running, then people can give feedback. Alternatives are good, but good alternatives are better.

14. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

To be fair there was a trader who ran an automatic store who I never heard of. It started with a V I think.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Is it possible for someone to make a 3rd party automated auction house?

16. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

Do you know how to make the program for making a trader it will take quite a while
    unless you ask decondor for the codes

17. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

As long as it's managed by a LL.

Baskitkase likes this.
  18. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

LL?

19. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Limited League. Twas kind of a joke directed at RogerRoad.

20. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

Its not a bad idea to be honest, Although i'm not sure if people would use this over PoxBox?