Discussion: Patch Notes November 13th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 13, 2014.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

the discussion thread on font bonuses and faction bonuses are not really finalized we have not gotten any feed back on them as of yet.

as per usual discussions on these things go the same way, "you can't nerf X because Y has it, can't nerf Y because Z has it, etc etc" and nothing ever gets done, as such I made sure to change ST's if KF and IS refuse to change nothing I can do about it, I argued that they should, and did what I could. Someone needs to take the first step.

faction wide speed buffs are broken and have always been broken, and at the very least I can start to increase the speed on some st champs without needing to worry about the first turn drops.

Goyo and WraithxxV like this.
  2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Maybe that's because nobody has suggested a rework for IS Font? Every time it's brought up all anyone ever says is "It's OP nerf"... How about some suggestions?

As an IS player, I'd rather have some of the 5 speed champs get +1 speed than have a font bonus.

Also, IS font making that little horn noise is sick.

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Actually I was being too harsh on the council, sorry guys. Not all of them are noobs and in fact I recognize they do the best they can for free.
    This patch was horrible, though, giving random buffs just throws me off the edge, and this is why this idea of 8 reps is terrible.
    Thanks, DOG, for making me not wanting to play Pox anymore.

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

It's been a while since I have had access to any of the council discussions but if I recall the suggestion that had gotten some good feedback for IS was opposing spells cost X% more Nora. Kinda like a miniature Tainted Statue. The discussion has likely moved on from there and there could be an entirely different idea that has now gained support but just wanted to say that the IS Faction bonus is/was being worked on.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2014
  5. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

That sounds kind of complicated though. I was thinking that maybe it could just give an ability, like KF's Font, or SL's Font. Someone suggested something similar to FW's font in which you can't deploy relics in the font, that might be interesting/op.

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Draksar Lord's Command ability is not working.

7. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Did they test anything before it was released? How do you miss things like arctic not being changed, or a Command not doing anything or Jakei Maiden's stun + no damage = no stun?

8. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

ftfy

9. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Haters gonna hate

drathys likes this.
  10. WraithxxV

WraithxxV Active Member

How about +1 Spd to units with 5 or less speed? It's been suggested by a lot of people already.

Also I was thinking what if KF bonus were +1 max range? Split bonus could have a limit on what gained the bonus.

11. Thbigchief

Thbigchief I need me some PIE!

- its worth noting that is font bonus works for one turn basically while ready on arctic worked on any snow/ice . So the nerf to is font bonus needs to handled with that in mind.

12. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Surge: Demon Elf... That's so fukcing boring.

It goes well with Grimlic's Treachery and whatnot, but doesn't Surge: Demon ALREADY EXIST (which also freaking works in a Treachery bg)? What the hell is the point of creating Surge: Demon Elf?

Also, why do the Nefari seem like the type to work together? I suppose you could push it and try really really hard to force it to be so.
    If I remember correctly, they were a maverick faction of KF Elves that were mining the earth for Nora (there was some reason they were doing it separately from the rest of KF) . They weren't popular with the Circle Council. Then their mines collapsed. After failing to be rescued, they felt that the Council betrayed them and thus grew an unending hate towards KF. It's more of their hate towards their enemy that holds them together.

Wouldn't it make more sense to build their theme based on their enemies instead of allies? I don't know what would be a good example. A sh*t example would be the number of enemies on the board (NOT Surge: Enemy).

EDIT:
    Only one champ has Surge: Demon Elf? Why is it Servile Brute? Was the ability not intended for Demon Elves? Was it actually worth the effort making the ability? And why the flying frick is it 46 Nora...?

Oh, so many questions...

EDIT2:
    Ok, I see why it was slapped onto Servile Brute. Sort of. Fcuk the Demon Elves then...? Is the only way to tie Demon Elves into a bg through Treachery? Why even buff Servile Brute without doing anything to the Demon Elves?

Maybe it's just my not-so-pro-ness at this game, but so many things seem random with no direction

Last edited: Nov 14, 2014
  13. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sorry I was distracted earlier and got things mixed up. That was the faction bonus suggestion. There was a different font bonus though I can't remember the details.

14. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

B
    Brute is meant to be used with Demon Elves (hence Demon Elf Bound...).
    The point of Surge: Demon Elf is to narrow what you surge so it isn't played with the entire faction, kind of like how units have Surge: Skeleton instead of Surge: Undead.

15. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Right, I got that. Mentioned I figured it out in the edits.

See, he's suppose to be used in Demon Elves but what does he bring to the table that's new/useful/interesting? Literally the only reason I would run him is his Nora cost, and I honestly doubt that won't be changed. It's not exactly difficult finding beaters in UD.

And ok, it's another addition to the Demon Elf theme but there is no actual Demon Elf theme unless you count Treachery. It's just a bland addition that does nothing to help build Demon Elves into a distinguished theme.

But seriously, Surge: Demon Elf? That's the best they can come up with? Of all the abilities in Pox, they decide to create a new (yet not so new) one that's mind-numbingly boring.

16. Monyx

Monyx I need me some PIE!

only thing more annoying than Moog losing Trail: water was the fact that it wasnt mentioned at all in the Patch Notes. Is this a bug or was this part of the patch?

Anima26 likes this.
  17. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think he was randomly given Trail and they finally removed it.

Monyx likes this.
  18. Gaedel

Gaedel I need me some PIE!

I see a "Like" button, where's the "Hate" button?

drathys likes this.
  19. Bonice90

Bonice90 I need me some PIE!

why chilanĀ“s double murkwater frenzy wasnt fixed in this patch?

Anima26 likes this.
  20. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

The fact that the deep elf theme is under developed is exactly why it was chosen to be developed.

Surge demon elf isn't meant to be a new exciting 'wow' ability, it's just something that is quick and easy to code and helps create a specifically thematic champ.