Discussion: Patch Notes November 13th 2014

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Nov 13, 2014.

1. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

Anima26 and Woffleet like this.
  2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wow, what a bunch of nonsense.
    Sure there are some good things, but if you go through the notes carefully you will see that the random buffs just created a lot more problems than you guys were trying to solve. Thanks, "council", for instead of trying to balance the game you guys just finished f***ing it up.
    Thanks for pushing me to the edge of not touching Pox anymore.
    Have a good one.

XFurionsX likes this.
  3. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

funny thing is I didn't even get to review the st ones ^^;;

I found out they were live when you did and saw what was going up literally as the notes were posted in general, some is as expected some is not. oh well.

Nebron likes this.
  4. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Well, Bane Shift, it's something.

5. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

See bud, who is running this show then? A guy with no clue on balance whatsoever?
    Yeah, I will pass that. I appreciate everyones effort, but at this point this is a game I dont want to touch anymore.

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

First, thanks for the effort. It will take some time to see how things change but a lot of these look nice. With that said, @Senshu , is it intentional that Rascal Fairy is not gaining Fairy Flight?

7. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

stitched first looks runable again,idgaf about other stuff

Joker and Agirgis1 like this.
  8. G_Ro91

G_Ro91 The King of Potatoes

We did it SL community. We got a Draksar Lord buff. I think I'm gonna cry.

Anima26, Sirius, Kampel and 1 other person like this.
  9. calisk

well the stuff that went through was mostly my suggestions, about 70% of what i suggested made it in, of that amount that did go through some didn't quite make it through like I suggested. but I'm happy with the changes to ST at least...some changes don't quite make as much sense without the other things but what ever it's manageable and i'm just happy to see anything get through at this point. =/

10. arthur

arthur The King of Potatoes

Well, I hope that, at least, the Fairy Flight makes my fairy deck way faster...

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Changes look to shake things up. The re-costings on Hero and Loyalty both sounds good. Lots of new stuff to tinker with. Good patch - will have to see how it pans out.

Anima26, Xirone and soulmilk like this.
  12. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Im just going to wait for Burn to see these and hopefully this will be my evening entertainment sorted for the night.

Emries, Joker, Sunutsu and 3 others like this.
  13. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

#20sources

Sunutsu, Anima26, Sirius and 2 others like this.
  14. xezno

xezno I need me some PIE!

Wow, so many changes and I dont understand most by just reading. Time to get some lunch and then see what has transpired once Pox is back up.

15. Jib

Jib Better-Known Member

I'm more impressed by Wyrmpriest going from "the worst champ in the faction" to 2x auto

Big Lord went from "why would I run this?" to "30th include"

Sirius likes this.
  16. calisk

Isn't that accurate with the notes, whether I agree or not, wasn't it -15 before and now it's 10. i.e +5 nora

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

DOG has made it their position that incremental changes are preferable to swingy patching. That's one of a couple ways to look at design. Changing it by 5 nora and checking if it is still in a place they don't want to to be is a good example of that in action.

If anything, this change to Heroes' costs shows that they are actually executing on the design philosophy they communicated to the players, and are making changes in that manner to correct problems. Heroes certainly may prove too strong, even with this change. But I at least am comfortable with measured steps rather than decisive leaps. If everyone still thinks heroes are where they don't want them to be, you can bet they will voice it.

18. calisk

I agree, and nothing to say it won't get another hit in the future, but it'll be interesting to see how 10 plays out all the same.

19. wes

wes New Member

So Master Axeman is no longer a Paladin?

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Ah, sorry if I came across as bitter or aggressive - I should have better curated my post.

But yes, in the last QnA, Senshu explained that this was the general design approach that DOG was taking with patching. I can find you the exact time stamp at some point here.

There are cases for and against that kind of approach, but they have said it is what they are going with in the past, and it seems they are sticking to their statements.