BG - Hub. Amareth edition

Discussion in 'K'Thir Forest' started by Karmavore, Jan 23, 2015.

1. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

I couldnt agree more, they're all pretty stacked in the right scenario!

Just an FYI, once poxbase is back up and running I'll be mkaing this thread look good and somewhat informative. Currently I'm just play testing some bgs to make sure they're up to par and competitive. Hopefully in the future I can combine my video thread with this one! But this is up in the air as to when it'll start. But It is in my mind to do so!

Saegen likes this.
  2. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Could you post the OPNRF Bg for me please, I seemed to have accidentally deleted it
    Also slowly working on editing this thread!

Last edited: Feb 6, 2015
  3. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Karma, I am in a position between budget and full access. Like I can get any legendaries/exotics I need but the limiteds are not happening. Any suggestions on how to build those bgs?

4. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

There are budget versions for all the bg's listed. The only limiteds that there aren't legendary (or lesser) versions of are Doombringers, Grimthir, Renovators and Fan Faire.

5. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, but those also tend to cut legendaries out too.

He also has Fan Faire in the budget version of Highlander Meta.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2015
  6. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

Well, there's nothing quite like Fan Faire, but for that particular bg a Reclaim would work pretty well in its place.

DarkJello and doubtofbuddha like this.
  7. doubtofbuddha

Yeah, and the fact that Fan Faire was unavailable while clearly being pretty key is why I dropped KF the first time.

8. Poxbrothers

Poxbrothers Devotee of the Blood Owl

Fan Faire really is not auto, it's good sure, but most definitely not auto.

The only BG I would really miss it in is Fairies (as they have so low survivability).

In my Meta BG I don't even run it.

9. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

All of the BG's minus - Highlander Meta (budget) have obtainable runes, Fan faire can easily be swapped as ChiaoLung has mentioned for a Reclaim.
    Now if you're sitting in a position to edit the Budget versions of the BG's to include more LEG's, do so! In the most general sense these are just templates for you guys.
    But this is what I'd be running either way, budget or not. --- If you post your own BG's I can talk you through any concerns you're having or just give an opinion on what you've established for yourself, I'm more than happy to help with that... That's the point of the thread after all.. =)

On Fan Faire; I love this spell simply because it was so UN-obtainable, back in 2012 it was a staple for myself to have it in all of my bg's and it's resulted in being a theme for every BG I make even to this day.. Obviously I have a strong personal preference for this rune because I like the way it suites my play-style; and I wont argue it's not a good spell, cause it's great. But in no way shape or form is it neccesary to have it in every BG, even Fae can run fine without it, but obviously are some-what better of if you do have it. It takes up a value-able spot in my BG's where I could be including Escape Magic/Vortex/TFB/Another AoE for those crucial hard-counters.

10. doubtofbuddha

@Karmavore what upgrades are you running on your fae?

Specifically Fae Advoate upgrade path 2, both Fae Bloomwalker paths, Sun Blossom path 2, an Rascal Fairy path 2.

11. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Fae Advocate is Flashbomb & Swap
    Fae Bloom is Logistics & Grant: reflexes (although I was using Abash/Illuminate for a while -- Both are very viable.
    Sun Blossom is Detection:2 & Burn
    Rascal is Init 2 / Shadowstrike

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  12. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

weird i run advocates with flash bomb and grant mobility and bloomgiver heal mass 3/abash

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

I've been having quite a lot of success throwing Lancers in my fairy bg, the excess amounts of illuminate means that he can be quite relevant.

Karmavore likes this.
  14. doubtofbuddha

And I ended up getting Fan Faire anyway. :D Had to give up an Ironfist Doombringer (+ stuff) but Fan Faire seems better than Iron Doom.

15. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Pos your guys BG's here! the more BG's people have to use for reference the better~

16. Poxbrothers

I got a Wizard BG, Elf BG, Archer BG and goodstuff BG.

I'll try to post them when I have access to a computer.

EDIT:

Wizards:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/Cfmc1-c4fc5AChbCfxCiCwVcfQCgns7s2@sis5Ts1-s4Ks7Ws2tsLrUr25e2ue25eM

Goodstuff:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/CkKCd-c54c5Fct_c5AChbc52C5KcicfQCoVs7s2@sis5Ts4Ks7Ws2tsLrUr25e2ue25eM

Elf:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/Cd-Chxc54c5Fct_c5AchkChbc52cicfQCoVs7s2@sis5Ts4Ks7Ws2tsLrUr25e2ue2we25eM

Archer:
    https://poxbase.com/deck/cqmCd-ctyChxCJc54ct_c6Jc5Achkchbcfvcis3qs7sis6Ps5Ts1as4Ks2trUe2ue2we1Ne25eM

All these BGs change around though, I currently really enjoy playing the Wizard BG.
    By the way feel free to give comments and ideas on what you guys would change.

Cheers,

Josh753

Last edited: Feb 24, 2015
    DarkJello and Karmavore like this.
  17. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

I think you're the only person that I've seen yet with a Grimthir out ingame.

Also, am I right in saying that Treefolk are completely dead?

18. Poxbrothers

I have seen GemmaXylia play trees in low limited league. ;)

19. Poxbrothers

20. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!