Buffs for Next Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Fae were basically top tier until revamp, so I don't think the problem is what was released so much as what they got changed to.

2. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, now I see where you are going. Cool.
    However (and this is a big however), I think you would accomplish that faster/better if you implemented only 1 or 2 (at the most) "changes" in this patch, to see how people react to them.
    My main problem with it atm is just that people are pushing really hard to make runnable runes auto includes, which is terrible, specially considering they are aiming for the meta status, which is cheap meta spam.
    Why not try a different approach, why not make this an "experimental" patch to change things like Marine, and buff 1 shoebox rune per faction?

3. Sokolov

Pretty much what I've been doing since I came back, but I can't hit everything at once.

SPiEkY and Pedeguerra like this.
  4. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

As soon as we don't have minions in the same overall mana cost with the same stats in the faction I'll get right on that. As it is, how can you avoid comparing Angels? If they fulfill the same role in the same price-slot.

In the mean time my point about Stonecaller being overpriced on stats still holds true ignoring the Angel comparison.

5. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Yes, welcome to the internet. People care even less about making sense when its an online forum. Seriously, how many people label themselves the "Potato King" outside of Ireland? Don't take what people say here as intelligent expression, respond like a rep. from a Fortune 500 comp.

Well, that's where the reduced ability cost comes even. Even giving a champ X free abilities might be an option (as in, each champ gets 1 or 2 thematic freebies or something). I guess simply restricting design away from simple low cost champs is also doable though. But yes, we seem to agree on what the problem is and our paths to tackle it do not seem to vary much, so I am sure it will be all good in the end.

Also: as Cantha said, Fairies could use a move away from "30 HP units", even if it is just Forment spam on more units (though that could be questionable come whatever change to commander you might have coming up).

6. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Ok, if you say so. But opening post indicates otherwise.
    I will stop being annoying and, as said, see the final proposals before I start bashing again.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Here is a list of UD non-champs that could use some Nora adjustment (in order of preference by me):

Buffs:
    Mindstorm -10 nora to 35
    Scorch the earth -5 nora to 30
    Sheoul firebow -5 nora to 30
    Shield of flame -5 nora to 25
    Scepter of onus -10 nora to 30
    Shattered nerves -5 nora to 30
    Late to battle -5 nora to 35

If dark pact gains a 6 turn duration I would like it to get -5 nora.

Nerfs:
    Mindslicer boomerang +5 nora to 40
    Orb of protection +5 nora to 45
    Tinderbox +5 nora to 35

Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  8. Sokolov

You can go back and look at the older patch notes to see what I've been doing, don't have to take my word for it. In other words, I've already been doing what you suggest in the past.

This patch is different, as I am specifically focused on buffs, tho there will be nerfs as well, as usual. Hope that clarifies things.

9. Sokolov

This would be great to get from other people for their respective factions so I can review them!

10. Sokolov

Note: I am no longer updating the first post, but I am still keeping tabs on this thread and the respective forum threads.

11. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

[Sarcasm]But how will we post our indignant rage that you have no idea how to properly buff our runes, and that you're going too far on opposing faction runes?[/Sarcasm]

12. Jason

Jason Guest

Can you consider buffing the Mirefolk theme? It's such an interesting, useless theme. Doing something useful to Ctharia would be a big help. A rework of several mire folk champions would also be in order.

Also, consider making Pirahids and Mirefolks separate races?

13. Strings

Also, on champion buffs:

Hooligan: can he get attack acid (IS hurts for alternative attacks), and his U2 line is rather poor (nothing seems flavorful from it). maybe it could be changed to something like - explosive attack lvl 1, slam, deploy: mead trap (a REALLY sucky relic ;p)

14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

But then he wouldnt have the awesome keg attack animation and noise...

Pattn199 and Iskandak like this.
  15. Strings

Huh? Oh... well, just turn attack Keg into "this attack deals acid damage".

16. Sokolov

Did Deploy: Mead Trap exist at any point? If not, that'd have to be a new ability.

That would need code change, maybe next time :D

17. Strings

Never exited sadly. Could you still look at his U2 line? Overkill and feint and encouraged are so-so on him. Explosive attack at least gives semi alt damage.

18. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Garu Primitive: Remove liability, this is the only thing keeping him from being used in beast and garu BGs. It would make him more expensive but it is worth it.

Spells, Equips relics:
    Blinding Flash: -5 nora to 30
    Call Serpent: -5 nora or 10 nora to 30/25
    Eriluun's favor: -5 nora to 25
    Mend: -10 nora to 30
    Petrichor: -5 nora to 30
    Strategic Retreat: -10 nora to 30
    Crown of Kthir: -20 nora to 35
    Lifeshield: -5 to 25

Nerfs:
    Rally the Herd: +10 nora to 45
    Special Prize: +5 nora to 30
    Amareth's Lexicon: +5 nora to 30
    Bond of Vashal +5 nora, AOE down to 3 from 4

19. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Fixing the Feint bug would be nice. Since his base range is 4, Feint only lets him use it at range 4-4 instead of 1-4 like the text says and every other champ that has it.

20. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

it's a lich team really, some changes that can be done
    Dark Knight can u change Rabid rank 2 to rank 1?
    Lich's Servitor replace Curse with hex or with healing somehow
    can we change Demon Lich to be fw too?
    Toll-Taker have Draining Aura why he need anyone of u2 can u change him?
    remove Surge: Skeleton rank 2
    and sorry about this 1 but it must be told
    I think only some heroes doesn't played in this days and he is one of them and maybe the only 1,
    so can Serkan get his 7 spd back, and surge as a upgrade? if u ask me Cripple can go, and surge can replace weary