Buffs for Next Patch

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Mar 16, 2015.

1. HiveLord

HiveLord I need me some PIE!

[​IMG]
    Faeguard Nullbeast

This is an absolutely beautiful sprite. Straight up, one of the very best looking insex in the game.

It's being wasted in KF. They don't use it, they don't care about it. I'm not saying it needs to completely come over to SL, but could it pretty please at least be a split rune?
    Swap Bulwark Fairy with it's Bodyguard Upgrade, and done.

Please, please let it split with SL. :)

Sirius and SPiEkY like this.
  2. scrampy

scrampy I need me some PIE!

Haha what are you talking about? I've seen at least 3 of these bad boys today from KF players and I know that Karmavore, chris, and myself all use him in various BGs. He is great in both beast and fairy BGs! I don't mind him splitting with SL but I do worry about his bodyguard ability in something like myx where it is already important yet difficult to get to the high priority runes like the 20 damage spitter (with mantle) or matriarch.

3. Dresnar20365988

Dresnar20365988 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I don't see Dwarven Roughneck getting flash bomb.

Make it happen.

That is all.

Good day.

Iskandak likes this.
  4. Iskandak

Iskandak The King of Potatoes

Hooligan is still used a buckload, with feint and sunder 1. so he doesnt really need a buff.
    For hooligan i feel that the cost difference between sunder 1 and carouse (5 nora) is so big that Sunder 1 is the way to go, which feels as a shame, as I'd like to use carouse but not at its cost difference.
    And a feint fix? As feint is a pretend attack wouldnt it make more sense to have the same range as the champ it is on?

5. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I'll look into Feint.

doubtofbuddha, SPiEkY and Iskandak like this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Feint: This Champion makes a 0 damage basic attack against target champion within 4 spaces. This attack is not part of the attack chain. If this attack is successful, the attacked champion has -2 Defense for 1 turn.

7. Sokolov

So you don't think it should be the unit's attack range, Markoth?

8. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Ability called Feint.

9. Iskandak

seconded

10. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

sorry my bad remove this

11. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Was just clarifying what it is supposed to be currently. If the range was the same as the champion it is on then it would work fine. It is just awkward to use when the champs max range is 5 but it has to move 1 space closer just to use Feint. Currently the ability is getting its minimum range from the champions range but the maximum range is locked at 4. E.g. if it was on a MinRanged 5 champ the ability will not work at all.

Making the range match the champion it is on would likely hurt the non-hooligan champs it is on though because I believe all the others are range 1-1

12. Iskandak

immagine a range 1 champ (no kah guide for instance) getting into range 4 and pretending to attack you... in any normal circumstance I'd drop my defense out of amazement. And yes I know poxnora is far from reality, but hey ;)

13. Sokolov

Yea, so there are 2 approaches:
    • It is RNG 1-4, OR;
    • It is the unit's RNG
    The second makes more sense to me.

sassquatch and badgerale like this.
  14. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

In reality I always do my attacks at range 4.

15. Dresnar20365988

How much sense does it make to you to get flash bomb on the Dwarven Roughneck?

Good day

16. Strings

One is easy to cost while the other would change depending on the champ it is on... But the "use champs range" is an intuitive and easy option.

17. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

[​IMG]

18. Strings

I love it when you flutter your eyelashes at me.

Markoth likes this.
  19. Dresnar20365988

The second enrage ability line for the Dwarven Roughneck could be changed into something much more useful. Flashbomb for 1. Feint for another. The third Im not too sure.

I really want him back as a counter to pingers and his 1-3 range is really condusive to flashbombing.

G
    o
    o
    d

D
    a
    y

20. Sokolov

Likelihood decreasing with each post about it ;)

Iskandak likes this.