League of Legends

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Morfeas, Jul 2, 2014.

1. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

So what do you do if someone else calls support?

I mean, I know it's bronze and everyone hates support down there, but eventually you'll have to learn to play other roles. Even if you become exceptionally good at supporting, there will be a point where it's just impossible to carry.

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I got to gold only playing janna sup about two years ago. People up to gold/plat have no clue how to sup.

If you play a good support and you can manage yourself in lane + give vision, you'll do fine. Most of the time some random guy takes supp and decides to build some full AP mage.

3. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Need some honest advice on how to play twitch, i just downloaded the game and bought the rat, i really liked it, but it takes ages to be good, any suggestions?

4. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

hes quite hard

think of him as a mix of an assasin vs teamfighting AoE god with the ult

5. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

Oh ok, do you know of one ADC that is more noob friendly?
    Or just some easy to use champs?

6. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I already know how to play other roles, and I'm fine if someone else wants to support. I don't like supporting, but I will if that means I will climb the ranks.

7. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

you won't climb if you don't enjoy playing

trust me

8. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I meant support is my least favorite role, I honestly don't mind supporting if it makes the team happy.

9. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Support: Janna, Leona
    AD: Graves, Ashe
    Mid: Annie, Brand
    Jungle: Warwick, Amumu
    Top: Trundle, Maokai

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
    XFurionsX likes this.
  10. Morfeas

It doesn't really have much to do with fun*, just find what you are best at and play that when you can. Then rank your roles from best to worse and fill accordingly.

*At least that is the sense I get from the rest of the top 1% players I play with. The main difference I see between us and people in gold or below is we would much rather play something we don't enjoy as much and win than play something we enjoy more but end up losing; even in normal games. Essentially, we just value winning a lot more that the average player.

11. JazzMan1221

I agree with all of these except Brand, as he takes a fair amount of skill to play effectively. His combos are much more variable than those of other mid laners, and he requires excellent positioning skill to overcome the downside of his low mobility and shortish range.

12. JazzMan1221

QFT.

I dunno why, but I honestly cannot summon up the willpower to play a select few champions enough times to get reasonably good with them. Literally every single game I play a different champion or a different role. Sure, I have champions I like more than others, but the idea of "maining" a champion or role sounds horrendously boring to me (except maybe jungle..........I feel like I could main jungle if I worked at it, but even then I would want to play something new every game). I guess I just get bored easily.

13. Morfeas

ikr, I just had to add a 2nd midlaner and I couldn't find anyone easier ;) plus u just press buttons at the enemy and hope anything hits

14. Morfeas

Maining is fine, as long as you love the champ AND get to be very good with him. I for example main Master Yi, yet I am a support main and can't play a single other champion at the level I play at. I just do Yi anywhere else except support, because I love him AND because I can make it work.

+ if you want to climb and improve you need to start playing something consistently. Otherwise you will just be good at everything and best at nothing, and the rest of the players you play against will have an advantage over you, as they are masters of their champion.

15. JazzMan1221

Annie is a freelo train of the highest caliber at any level right now. Then there's Zed, who can pretty much be played with no brains at all and still manage to do decently (though I admit there is a HUGE level of difference between a mediocre Zed and a great Zed). In terms of complexity, Karma is easy to learn and master IMO. Then there's Kat, who just stomps everyone in low elo.

16. Morfeas

Zed: I disagree with "can pretty much be played with no brains at all and still manage to do decently", if anything that sounds like Talon
    Karma is not a midlaner and would be a shitty mid, do Lulu if anything
    Katarina I assume could be ok, but she is so mechanically hard to play correctly that it would be a shame for someone mediocre to use her

17. JazzMan1221

Eh, Karma USED to be a good midlaner, but I guess she doesn't bring enough damage for that role anymore. You've really just got your ulted Q and that's it.

Morfeas likes this.
  18. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

karma in tank meta seems like she'd fall off even harder

edit- about twitch: he got buffed recently to help his early laning. it's fairly nice, he's still not the best early adc (but still scales hard)

the thing about twitch (from what i've seen) is that your sense of when and where to fight, as well as your ability for how to, all need to be very high (as compared to other adc choices). his damage is amazing, but his fundamental playstyle tends to have him go from running fast and unseen to shooting fast but moving slow. if you don't pick where you fight well, or if you come unstealthed and completely stop moving, you're at a pretty big risk for being next to useless (instead of straight carrying noobs)

for comparison, graves and ashe (because they're the two morf named. cait is often named as a beginner adc, but most people that try get her all wrong. ezreal is fairly simple, but not a standard adc (also not amazing at the moment))

graves- shorter range than twitch or ashe, but the highest burst potential by far. strong early game, built in dash. the biggest problem i consistently notice on bad graves players (aside from mechanical issues) is that they don't understand how much damage he actually does, and pass up a lot of kills they could take.

ashe- no escape, built in perma-slow. arguably good for new players because she rewards kiting. her ult means she's always useful, but unless you snowball hard you won't do the damage of a graves or twitch. definitely safer than twitch. i don't like her that much, but it doesn't take a lot for the meta to spin back towards her. for consistency's sake, the biggest problem i see on bad ashe players is they don't use her ult properly- it has an immense amount of power, but they'll throw it away when they don't need to.

having said that, i would strongly encourage you do just that- overcommit instead of undercommitting, so you can figure out what works better for you

Last edited: Apr 23, 2015
  19. Morfeas

Karma is irrelevant atm, she might as well not exist.

20. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

Ryze seems like a fairly easy mid laner to play (if he is even played anymore). All you gotta do is spam qwe and press r sometimes.