Discussion: Patch Notes: May 21st, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, May 21, 2015.

1. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

It's like I can pinpoint the exact point while typing this that you gave up on even trying.

2. Pattn199

Pattn199 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov Could every faction get a champ exactly like Nefari Guardian?

3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Dont tease Sok, he will probably rage on you and start thinking everything you say makes no sense.

4. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

Why does everyone complain so damn much about what factions dont have. YOU chose your faction YOU work with what you got. Each factoin has its stengths and weaknesses. If you don't like that your faction has something then change factions. YES ITS THAT Firking SIMPLE!

Gnomes likes this.
  5. Wraith

Wraith Administrator Octopi

I really like how this equipment turned out. I know it is very different, and may still be too expensive, but hear me out.

1. Flavor. When given a shotgun, I think most units would be able to kind of aim it and blast someone out of the way, so Explosive Attack 3. However, a unit that knows how to aim and hit weak points can blast through anything as described on the rune flavor. On the other hand, draining nora made absolutely no sense on the rune from a flavor side. Since it was getting expanded to give Cull (spot Cull is powerful), something had to go.
    2. Crazy split ideas. When remaking these equips, I did not want to make them runnable in FF Meta. I wanted to make buffs for specific themes or inspire new/odd bgs in the flavor of their owners, with extra use for the split hero in question. FS and SL have by far the greatest collection of gunsmen between Tortuns and Draksar, so I actually wanted to see if this would get anyone to run a Gunsmen build. Could you run this in pure Tortuns, probably yes. Could it inspire some awesome insanity: I hope so.
    3. Design. The game has been gradually moving away from nora drain mechanics, even in small doses like this one. While I am not saying that nora drain mechanics are necessarily going away, It's an ability that can be very abusive, or, if you count nora wrong, completely useless, and such duality really hurts who and what we put it on. And of course, there was no way this thing was getting cheaper while keeping that ability.
    4. Balance. I would rather undershoot the power level these equipments can have and have to buff them than overshoot and have to nerf them.

Xirone likes this.
  6. Pedeguerra

Jeez.

I will just leave this here:

This is the kind of thing that make me /facepalm .
    I mean, who gave you the green light for that change? What kind of "design freedom" do you have? Did you consult the Jelly players prior to the change or did you just decide to do it out of the blue?
    I have no idea if the change is good or bad, I'm just pointing out things that feel very unprofessional to me. This is by no means a personal attack at you @Wraith , but an attack on how things are being done in Pox.

Last edited: May 22, 2015
  7. Patches4

Patches4 Member

I died

BurnPyro likes this.
  8. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think some people in this thread are so invested in their own negative narrative that they can only see the bad and aren't interested in the good.

This wasn't a bad patch.

Boozha, chickenpox2, Gnomes and 6 others like this.
  9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ST semmir brew is broken. It is now giving stacking fury. wth?

10. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

It wasn't a bad patch, but I would say it was a underwhelming patch, and some folks were looking for particular things that they did not see, so... rage time ensued.

BurnPyro and KingJad like this.
  11. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

If everyone was playing competitively with meta runes only, your statement would make totally sense.

But you are not taking the whole perspective. Most of us want to play different themes and races, most of us play a certain faction for it's lore, it's aesthetic, it's art, etc...

So changing faction for it's power doesn't work at all.

mortal ix likes this.
  12. Cinder405

Im not talking about changing factions for its power. I understand people play the themes and play certain factions because they like it for lore and their own reasons etc. But for example the bottom statement is what I am referring to. People want a champ that is similar to another factions champ just because they think its only FAIR and that something that is unique to one faction should be available for all. Thats what really gets annoying. How bland and boring would a faction be if each faction has the same abilities same type of champions as others and only different themes, art, etc.? It would be horrible and there would be very little reason to even have factions in the first place. Do you understand me now? I don't mean to sound rude I just want to make sure you understand what my point is just as I understand where you come from.

13. Karmavore

Karmavore MEDIUMALLTIME

Lol. I don't re-call a "lets make pede pissed thread".... Or even any mention of a balance patch. Odd.

BurnPyro likes this.
  14. Fentum

Fentum I need me some PIE!

Way, way back, factions had many blind spots and it was much more thematic within constrained themes. I guess the issue there was that deck design / draw wins were easier if your BG didn't have the counters to your opponent's.

After several expansions, pretty much every faction had the same breadth of abilities in one form or another. Some are much more effective than others, but some form of e.g. 'Cleanse', 'shatter', etc, is available to every faction.

I guess the meta design question is , which route is better? Have blind spots and constraints in abilities, which results in very focused themed decks, or allow all factions access to all abilities in some way. The latter route is probably fairer, at the expense of theme.

15. Pedeguerra

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. You have mine I have yours.
    Of course you are happy with the patch, quoting you from another thread "now KF has more diversity in bgs being played".
    All ST got was buffs to 4 ranged champions, and even those buffs were bad.
    For me, concerning ST, the patch was a disaster.
    There are some people who like to kiss the @ss of others to make them look good, there are some who don't.
    Stop trying to bully me.
    Im still waiting on Wraiths reply, but I dont think its coming.

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Opinions are like *****es. It's fine that you have one. It's even good to share with others when their willing. It's wrong to force upon someone else.

*edit the blocked text is synonymous with wang, tallywacker, willy, and pedro.

17. Pedeguerra

I'm not forcing anything on anyone.
    If anything, it's people around here who are trying to force me to stop with the negative comments and bashing, just cause.
    I won't.

18. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

Of late the bulk of your posts have all been of this general tone and awfully demanding or hyper critical or accusatory with very little tact. And you wonder why the people who are responding to you are being as nice or friendly as you'd like? You are simply getting a bit of what you are dishing out to others.

You can call me a suck up or whatever else you like, no skin off my back.

And for the record I found this patch to be rather underwhelming for SL, especially in light of last patch. Despite all that I'm not running around being all melodramatic claiming it's a disaster.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. Pedeguerra

Actually, I don't want people to be nice or friendly to me as I'd like at all, but one thing to notice is that my anger isn't really targeted at the players bashing me back, but rather at the game and the bad design calls they are making. I can understand blindly defending it, though, I love Pox as well.
    I don't think you are a suck up at all, if anything I kinda like your behavior around here, even though 90% of your posts are either trollish or making jokes and people can't really take you seriously (not that I think they should).
    Lastly, you have three ways to deal with an underwhelming patch like this: 1) Bash away, rage, complain and criticize like I'm doing; 2) Do nothing, and just accept whatever they throw at you; 3) Work in the backstage, talking to "influential" people to see if they can implement the changes they want the most.
    I think most of the hypocrites that didn't like the patch and say nothing out loud choose #3 as their way to go, however they pose in the forums as nice people for not saying anything.
    Also, I'm doing this for ST and ST players, whose faction got butchered and is a mere shadow of its former self.

mortal ix likes this.
  20. Cinder405

Why would he reply? Nothing they say pleases you even if it's a constructive response that doesn't offend you. You're unreasonable. I've lost my respect for you as a person on these forums (I know you don't care) but as a player I look forward to playing you sometime.