Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

We don't have the concept of "direction behind," unfortunately. Units have no concept of facing.

2. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

I think that topic has been beat enough for now and we can revisit it later but a suggestion has been put forward by sokolov that gives it range, reduces the cost of glaive bounce and puts CA:ranged on upgrades it's now in the main post. That build is 75 Nora btw.

3. KingJad

I'd like to see elemental nexus get a cost drop from 35 to 25. It's not even worth considering in a elemental bg because even though ST can usually generate terrain easily. Terrain gen is not something common in crystals. But it gives Jakei champs snowstrike to create snow! That requires you to micromanage the relic and constantly switch from the elemental boost to the jakei boost not to mention cool downs are linked on the relic.

blazinsoul likes this.
  4. Mausini

Mausini I need me some PIE!

After playing with the Shaman a few games I strongly recommend keeping him like this.
    Why?
    Because he is now one of the best amp unit we ever had. Frost amp becomes very viable again because of her. On the other hand crystal will never become a viable theme. They failed to develop that theme several times to into a working state, it won't happen.
    So why try to force her in a support role for a theme that is never going to work properly?
    I don't think changing the Elemental Core to a Nora Gem champ would be a good thing to do too.

Lets concentrate on Lonx, Ice Amp, Beasts and terrain centered themes.

Goyo likes this.
  5. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

+1 to step aside of Shaman for a long time

6. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I guess one way would be a trail terrain overlay which reduces the AP spent for moving on it.

It would make for a cool theme, but I'm guessing would be a lot of work to implement.

7. KingJad

Oh that'd actually be neat but I think those spaces should grant +1 ap to flying when occupied so it's pretty much free movement only.

8. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Tailwind: 3Ap 2CD
    This unit agitates the wind behind it's normal movement (special terrain as Fire Wall but windy effect).
    Friendly units moving over tailwind trail, gain Flying for 2 turns. It the unit is already flying, it gains 1AP. If it's an enemy unit, it is knockbacked 1 space.

Last edited: May 24, 2015
    KingJad and JellyBerry like this.
  9. KingJad

Needs a bit of cleaning up description wise but that's certainly doable although it being an activated ability makes zero sense and is weird for a trail ability so it'd probably be passive. I could see cost dropping to around 8-10 Nora though.

10. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

we do have towards and away from shrine mechanics, although I think those are ify they don't always go where you would expect.

11. urgoth16

urgoth16 Member

lol
    ST font bonus:
    When an enemy champion enters this font deployment zone, it dies.

12. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Yeah seriously,

Strong font bonuses tend to be matched with weak faction bonuses (FW and IS), ST has a strong faction bonus and so should have a weak font one.

13. KingJad

that was a joke and the UD font bonus isnt exactly weak.

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Wow this thread has become quite a mess, even anti ST players dropping by HAHAHA.
    So, my I'll be brief cause mondays at work are crazy:

1) Glaive: I think Glaive Bounce should stay as is. To make this rune more attractive, just remove CA: Ranged from base and swap it with Declare: Hunted. Then go from there, but I feel making this unit sub 80 would be a great accomplishment. If you could work with the above, Sok, it would be great;
    2) ST font bonus: loosing all AP is too much, I think. If you made it -1AP and gave it a clause that if the unit only has 1 AP, it cant enter the font, then it would be great;
    3) Personally, in this particular order, my themes to be developed would be: Crystals/Elementals; Yetis; Flying.

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

it's weird....when we originally discussed the font bonus I suggested they become frozen if they have no AP to lose when they enter, and everyone told me it was too much >.<

I was Firking shocked to see anyone suggest all ap at best I could see 2 ap loss without any no ap to lose clause and even that's pushing it.

16. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Weren't you the one who posted in a KF buff thread stating that decreasing the Nora cost of champions in an attempt to make them more viable was, and I may be paraphrasing here, "WTF"
    I hope you don't get worked up here as you usually do because this is a serious question and I'm genuinely curious:
    Why not work with the Glaive out to put it in a more viable position while keeping its cost up?

Edit: And he already has a potential build that allows him to be sub-80 Nora.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Yes, and I still think runes are too cheap and an increase of 10 nora across the board would help the game a ton.
    However, Sok has stated to me more than once that: he think the formula is ok as is; he like where the game is at regarding average nora costs.
    So, I can only assume that cheap champ spam is staying and pushing for higher cost champs seems illogical. Why would this champ be the epitome of a perfectly viable expensive rune, if the game isnt changing to see more champs in that category?
    Glaive sub 80 nora build is terrible.

18. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

PLEASE LETS GET A CHANGE ON THEME ATTENTION!

Crystals got the most attention in the recent time.

Crystal Yeti - Heavy Charge on, lower cost.
    Crystal Howler - Range back, Sonic aura out.
    Crystal Wolverine - Lost rend, lower cost.
    Crystal Guardian - Bodyguard back.
    Crystal Phoenix - Immortality, lower cost, damage and hp (it's not garbage once deployed lol).
    Crystal Elemental - Redesigned to assist the theme.
    Jakei Shaman - Redesined to assist the theme, specially Leverage: Elemental got a propper cost.
    Elemental Nexus - Tries to do something on top. At least is an attempt.

All we have left is:
    Crystal Crawler being bugged and requiring a redesign.
    Crystal Mastodon too clunky to properly assist the theme, and most people miss Arctic Bolt.
    Imbue Luminescence too costly. 30 to 25 or even 20.

Frost Amp got some love (although, the recent additions weren't what the theme needed).
    Lonx got an awesome lift up. Keep rolling it :)

Monks got neglected. They need a serious look at.
    Ferren and Strig even exist? Please Ferren needs to be a racial outside of Monks :mad: (Strigs can be the sustainers of Flying decks if Boon is reworked).

Beasts for life likes this.
  19. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Also WTF are doing non ST people lurking here without productive posts? MOVE ONE RATS!

20. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

But in the thread @Xirone created, he was literally doing the exact same thing you just did yet you were quick to call it ridiculous (definitely not quoting you here, jus paraphrasing). The runes he suggested could even be considered as "terrible" as the sub-80 Nora Glaive.
    After I wrote a post or two actually agreeing with your stance on the matter (simply reducing the Nora cost to buff champs) he was kind enough to take the time and create a rune suggestion that agreed with my and your opinion.

This is way off topic, but does the fact that you gave in to Sok saying the formula was fine and all the other stuff you said mean you'll chill out (heh heh. ST forums. Get it?) on the forums? Just asking to satisfy my own curiosity