Tundra Reformation

Discussion in 'Savage Tundra' started by KingJad, May 22, 2015.

1. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

1) Yeah, let's make this a collective effort, no need for one person to come up with his own design (unless that person is Sok);
    2) I don't think Declare is required on base either, but he was the original unit with this ability;
    3) I don't ever remember this guy having Channel: Damage, I think you are mistaking things here. Either way, I think Channel is horrible and should die in a fire;
    4) As for Reinforcements it may or may not be a good idea for that, I think there are better routes on this.

2. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

what's wrong with channel damage?

ya i was thinking of arcanis for channel, it was how the ability was used though and would work well on glaive as well, and is a pretty low cost ability up front.

either way you could use something else that boosts his damage.

with the upgrade path suggested above, the unit can easily take what ever hunter ability he likes which includes declare, the spirit of the original design is still their just now he has a few options if you wish to take them.

he was also the first champion to have tail wind but nobody is fighting for him to have that.

3. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Channel is garbage, and about Tailwing we try to change things to forge a Flying theme without killing some units with a 20N ability.

4. calisk

you guys are weird o_O.

on a hunted target with glaive bounce, damage increases like that from channel is twice as effective, even popping it twice is equal to +5 damage on the target of a double bounce. some people pay 50 nora for a spot 10 damage in the right situation this would only cost you 22, and you'd get more then 10+ especially if you count the damage hit to both targets

now if channel damage is a base 20 nora then that's just stupid it should practically be a 0 nora ability since you have to pay nora to activate it.

5. Pedeguerra

Yeah, you didnt convince me here.
    Channel: Damage is a crappy ability.

6. calisk

not trying to convince you, trying to get convinced it's bad on this champ.

not seeing any arguments, if the ability is bad suggest a way to improve it or some Bane Shift.

it annoys me when all i see are "no", "bad", "crap" ,"fix it", with no suggestions or alternatives put forth by the rabble.

7. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

It is zero nora, there is no way it can possibly be a bad ability.

darklord48 likes this.
  8. Pedeguerra

Ok, first and foremost be glad that the rabble is around, otherwise idiocies like removing Immortality from Endless Devotion would happen again. Also, the suggestions are NOT aimed at you, you are not the designer of this game.
    Secondly, let me put it in a way you and badger can understand: this ability is ONLY good on big powerturns and whatnot. Otherwise, you are NOT using the ability in any useful way at all - at least when Glaive Bounce procs you are getting an awesome ability that you should be paying for, otherwise you are stuck with a power turn ability that may or may not be used depending on how things goes, SINCE HIS DAMAGE WILL ALREADY BE HIGH ENOUGH DUE TO HUNTER BEING ON THIS GUY. Also, if you are pumping the damage and spending nora while at it, might as well drop a relic/equip/spell that has other uses except increasing +2 or +3 dmg for 4-6 nora.
    Lastly, in this "new Pox era" I'd rather him, as a legendary, having good ability options, even if this terrible ability costs zero - after all, its taking the slot of another ability that could be there.

9. calisk

wow apparently talking with you is not something i should bother with, later.

civil conversation is not in your vocabulary.

10. calisk

This was indeed my thinking, 0 nora ability that can be used to get the extra damage when needed, meh

11. Pedeguerra

In my mind, I answered your post in the same manner as you wrote yours. I'm not offended by it, neither should you.

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Note that the current proposed U2 of Bravery (Surge: Enemy), Surge: Ranger and Declare Hunted all provide some levels of additional DMG output. Rather than trying to force something to base, we could bump base DMG up a little bit (which doesn't cost very much), in conjunction with the DMG improvement upgrade line above, we should regularly see this unit be hitting in the upper teens of DMG anyway.

13. calisk

I made a suggestion for a rune targetted at a dev or anyone wanting to discuss it, you respond saying it's terrible, I ask why, you give me nothing of much use, I ask again and say people who say things are bad and make no useful inputs are rabble, you repsond with a slurry of unrelated passive aggressive bull Bane Shift.

totally the same.

I love the community when it's focused and giving great input and ideas, I hate general forums "NERF EVERYTHING/BUFF MY STUFF!" culture that the pox forums usually are.

14. Sokolov

No one commented on the Font Bonus so I wanted to bring it up again.

So as mentioned, doing -1 AP on entry but ALSO requiring 2 AP to move into it at a cost of 1 AP, and then -1 AP is very weird. If we were to do that, we might as well just require 2 AP to move into it the first place. The difference may be "semantic" but it makes a different in terms of UI, player expectations and the way it interacts with abilities such as Terminus and Unstoppable.

The other way of doing it is to use Impeding Snow (and possibly the most elegant and easy to think about for players). I already mentioned some of the ramifications above, but also wanted to point out that it does potentially hinder splits, so it's not ideal, but at the same time, it's not as tho Splits aren't always working around the effects of FF builds anyway, so maybe it's not as big a deal as it might be.

15. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

What about Impeding Snow and Arctic on friendly units for 1 turn?

I just don't like the mechanic. Poxnora is too demanding on calculations. Too often I spend more time trying to get the best position for my units, than calculating the exact damage a unit needs to be killed. This ability helps only the more experienced players and the fast brainies.

Because I'm not either of those, I vote for a better possibility, I wouldn't waste a slot on that. Of course if you put on the table "this or nothing" everyone would take it.

16. badgerale

Why, exactly, does ST need a new font bonus again?

17. Goyo

Goyo I need me some PIE!

Because Arctic doesn't give us +1AP anymore. This was supposed to be swap to compensate, but got delayed.

18. badgerale

I got that part, but it's not a balance reason, or a design reason, or even a quality of life one.

It's more a playground kinda reason.

19. Sokolov

I don't know that anyone ever was promised "compensation." Did Gedden promise a font bonus rework that I didn't hear about?

Also, that seems to be a popular word with players, and it's a weird concept in most cases.

20. Sokolov

As for font bonuses in general, in my "dreamland," I'd prefer to see them be more meaningful than faction bonuses. As faction bonuses are basically get it and forget type of things generally, while Font Bonuses can actually change the game state DURING a match. So I don't have a problem with modifying some here and there to get them to be a bit more interesting.

Sirius likes this.