We're kinda out of motivation to play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Jul 6, 2015.

1. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

It's not bad it's just temporary.

Pretty sure just about every theme in poxnora has started with a crutch, that's all a single expansion/midterm can pull off usually, then in the long term as the theme is flushed out the crutch gets brought more in line.

in st alone, it's what started lonx, yeti's, amp, strigs, etc.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I mean, he makes Skeleton summons and can blow them up? Is that a huge problem? He sure as hell isn't a one-man deck.

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

the reason pox gets stale so quickly is that playing for rank or to simply get more gold is not in itself inspiring for most people. a more comprehensive DoW system that rewarded both pvp and pve and let you earn points for your guild as well as your faction (and perhaps control territory on the world map) would be a reason to play beyond the 2 week expansion honeymoon.

4. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Well, I was merely referring to your post since I have never even seen this champ online, much less play it.
    If he's not that big of a deal, then it's not and we are good.
    Calisk: doesn't mean we have to keep making things the way they used to be made, look at where that brought us.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

He covers thematic ground the way a demon in the Bleed theme would be a big angry dude that deals damage and spits out blood balls and messes with them. Like, those are the things for which the theme is known, so he does those things. This Lich stands around, poops out skeletons, messes with them, and then Hexes you.

6. Pedeguerra

Well, again: if he doesn't, as you said it, "covers every piece of ground the theme needs, in one rune", then we are good.

7. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

That's because many of us have been " patient " for 8 years or more, with little to no huge game play changes. The only thing that has been added that's been nice is the forge that's really it other than that it's just been expansion expansion expansion again.

Pedeguerra likes this.
  8. MikeLin

MikeLin I need me some PIE!

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Ranked play awards increasing ability to customize your avatar(s) in non gamebreaking ways (towards themes).

10. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

I can understand this but dont you think that the new and smaller team of developers need the time to properly implement all the changes theyve A. already made and B. are planning to make in the long run? Ive been around a few years now and i personally and am just grateful that Pox seems to be in a process of revival and is still playable rather than it being totally dead and abandoned.

11. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

These are the things since the game launched that, for me, constitute the type of thing that SHOULD be counted (not necessarily in chronological order):
    • Removal/Rework of Random Dodge Chance in Attack Calculations
    • Introduction of Factions and Faction Bonuses (Remember, factions wasn't in the launch product)
    • Introduction of 2 New Factions (ST and SP)
    • Alternative Game Modes such as King of the Hill
    • Taunt and Rename Tokens
    • Single Player Campaigns
    • Highlander Mode
    • POXML scripting system (internal thing, but super useful is what allowed manpower to be shifted to a number of other features)
    • Single Rune Store
    • Spectator Mode (So many people use this, but it wasn't added til the SOE days, and is often taken for granted as something that simply exists)
    • 2v2 system
    • Revamp #1 under SOE (Changed upgrade system, ATK/DEF usage, SPD calculations, etc.)
    • Gold System (Allowing players to earn Gold to redeem for products)
    • Split Runes
    • Tournament System
    • Draft System
    • Revamp #2 under DOG
    • Daily Achievement System
    • Skirmish Bots (This uses a different AI compared to the normal campaigns)
    • Rune Forge
    There's more, I am sure, but this is what I pulled from memory just writing this post.

Now, not everything is in place still and some aren't working the way it should after the game changed hands so many times, but these were actual features that have been added to PoxNora which were not just "expansion expansion expansion."

Honestly, anyone who "agrees" or "likes" your post is just rewriting history or simply pretending that none of this happened. It's certainly valid to discuss whether these were good or bad things to happen, but the idea that almost nothing has been done to Pox aside from content creation is basically without merit.

Gnomes likes this.
  12. Pedeguerra

Hey, hey.
    I see what you did there.
    But I don't think he was going that far (even though he mentioned the 8 year time frame), he was probably meaning SoE => DoG transition. Which, for me, was handed bad due to Geddens failed revamp yada yada yada.
    As I've said a billion times, you guys are doing a great job, keep up the good work. Flaws need to be pointed, though, even if inaccurately or without merit, even if it just means that you are clarifying things for one particular player.

13. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

2 things.
    1) I love the UD rune for the blood theme
    2) You can't keep complaining to the Owls, they haven't had this game back for a year yet, I think they've done a lot towards making this game much better for both vets and new players. I will always support Pox (I only do single players atm as my Pc dies randomly :( )

14. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

Wow look at all those features. So I guess the excuse that devs don't have enough time has always been bogus. At least now whenever anyone requests a new feature and the usual suspects cite no dev time as a reason not to do it we can point to this thread as proof that the devs really do have the time to add new features.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2015
  15. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

False

16. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is about as obtuse an interpretation as you can get. Of course there's time to add features, and Pox has always been adding features and will continue to do so. However, there is not INFINITE time to work on features and only so many things can be worked on at once. It's always been the case that time for features is a matter of prioritization.

Anima26 and BigToastie like this.
  17. BigToastie

BigToastie The King of Potatoes

Apologies 'In my opinion' then read #2.

18. RasielCZ

RasielCZ I need me some PIE!

Any ETA?

19. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Id forgotten about draft tournaments, has there be any progress on the legal issue involving draft tournaments and gambling laws? @Sokolov

Edit: Draft tournaments were fun.

20. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

They've had the game for more than a year.