We're kinda out of motivation to play

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by LoganMkv, Jul 6, 2015.

1. LoganMkv

LoganMkv I need me some PIE!

The main exp was quite nice, with lots of interesting runes, but everything has already been played far and wide.

The midterm was meh — runes are not bad, but not really enabling anything.

StL event was a great idea, but it had ridiculously low rewards, so most players didn't even bother to participate, and it's, you know, already over.

Latest tourney had ridiculously high rewards, and was fun, but is over as well.

So what now?

2. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Don't worry. One thing you can be certain of is Pox will continue to pump out runes so they can continue to scrape up pennies. It will be a whole new version of ****ed up in a couple months, maybe you'll like that one.

claydude5 and OriginalG1 like this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Hahaha, bingo.
    Logan, what were you hoping for bud?
    As long as this community is this small and continuing to shrink, nothing big will ever happen.
    However, community can't grow if the game is to unbalanced, and the harm done by Geddens failed revamp will take too long to fix, between releasing new content and whatnot.
    If I were DoG I would be seriously thinking about a Pox 2.0.

4. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Who's "we"?

5. LoganMkv

Well, I already entered acceptance stage quite long ago, and now I just point things out without any specific hopes.

6. Pedeguerra

Ah, ok then.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is interesting. The runes were generally intended to support/enable the themes they were designed for.

Do you feel they all failed in this? Can you explain how they did so? Or was it just specific ones? What would you prefer out of the mid-terms?

8. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Anima26 and Pattn199 like this.
  9. LoganMkv

here you go:

FW:
    we already have enough ways to get skelly summons, but we don't have enough slots to utilize them without sacrificing consistency:
    for each bowl/altar/friendly decon we include we have to drop one universal nonchamp rune, and for each statbooster/surger we have to drop one grunt
    New healing ritual is nice, but nothing really special.

UD:
    we already have enough ways to get bloodballs and enough strong jumpers, but bleed as a theme has very limited win conditions: bloodmagic + echoes/other aoe spam, just beating everything into the ground with jyx/korona, and superchamping Vampyre. Goyle isn't helping with any of that, it's just an efficient grunt.

SL:
    sand theme still looks pulled out of ass, cause it has even less win conditions than bleed — domain, hidden, desertmaster - that's it,
    and it has zero split potential

FS:
    ranged champ with teleport, aoe and relocation — as if we hadn't endured 1.5 years of stupid augurs everywhere

SP:
    well, that's a voil grunt with a free bat, as if we had not enough voil grunts or not enough bats

IS:
    so we already have a dorf with regal presence, a dorf with most op bomb in the game, let's just put it together and add majestic 2 + kind-of-menace on top of that

ST:
    did we ever have any problems with ice/snow gen or frost aoes?

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Disagree with this. He covers every piece of ground the theme needs, in one rune. Also, he's a great way to make race: Lich feel spot on. And he has multiple, similar builds that all function for his role.

11. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

Lmao the UD one plays a lot better in game then it is on paper ill say that much

12. Pixyrus

Pixyrus Forum Royalty

I really like the new FW guy.

13. Agirgis1

Agirgis1 Forum Royalty

I went Scrapper + Init in meta UD..... Deploy , relocate next to ally , then hit or relocate demon then hit.

But i could see Multi 1 too...

14. Elric

Elric I need me some PIE!

Sokolov is working on motivating players to play with Heroic Achievements.

15. Moles

Moles Administrator Octopi

Yea, we have lots in store for you guys, have patience :)

TrollDragon and Anima26 like this.
  16. LoganMkv

If you read it again, you may notice that the discussion was not about power — powerwise all new legs are fine — but about them not enabling any new bg variations.

17. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

A large portion of the remaining players have no idea what the word "patience" means. Just my opinion however.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

You need to pull that Bane Shift out of store.

19. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

how will achievements make the game better when the bgs are stale or far too op?

20. Pedeguerra

I'm disappointed that you would think this is a good thing. If time has taught us one thing is that crutching on a limited/legendary rune as a theme enabler is a bad move.

Baskitkase likes this.