Cactuar Crate - Coalitions Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, May 11, 2015.

1. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

If my Chronomancer gains 8 charges from 4 champions being deployed (deploy charge 2) I can save 100 nora and use desecration 4 times in one turn, contributing 40 damage to a shrine. With such tools as: tome of hate, aspect of infinity, Blood Phoenix, nora cow, Jakei Shadowstriker, unholy tomb, spell traps, Ancestral Focus, Obelisk of Foresight, Ferren Hideout, reapers blade, summon ant, I am finding ways to pressure my opponent into transfiguring early and killing the avatar quickly. People are telling me it is unfair however they did scry often and there is a price to srcying.

2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Technically, it should really be 20 damage (5 per cast) because of Spell Resistance, but currently Consecration is bypassing such resistances (likely cause it is coded as that weird "loss of life magic" damage). It's on the docket to be fixed. I don't feel like I want to touch the rest of the interaction until that is fixed.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Almost seems like you want her to lose all charges on ability.

This was possible before anyway, you are just using it differently

4. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

Okay I did not know that shrines are getting their spell resistance back. Will avatars get their spell resistance back as well? Currently I can get hungry deal damage the IS avatar even though hungry dead dose nothing to IS.

5. Sokolov

Shrines currently do have Shrine Resistance which reduces spell and attack damage.

6. Leadrz

There's another damage type which confuses even sok, it's not pure damage and it's not LoL either and it bypasses shrine resistance is what sok was saying man.

7. claydude5

claydude5 The King of Potatoes

Ya it is called hard coded damage, like with tornado and desecration.

8. Leadrz

^ is what me and orig were discussing.
    He misunderstood that it bypassed shrine resistance.

One could argue lack of memos of programmers and rune designers could be leading to 'issues' being found out later rather than sooner.

In a game like this it would seem each rune needs a note file attached for the developer and programmers to state the deign of the rune.
    Same with abilities and Spells etc :how it was coded, why and what was the intention.
    Along with cost modifiers, previous designs ect.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aye, sweet, that's all I think anyone wanted.

10. Sokolov

It actually also bypassed all forms of resistances when I tested it.

11. JazzMan1221

JazzMan1221 Better-Known Member

Shhh, don't let anyone know about my ST/UD Masochism+Shift deck.

Seriously though, infinite Masochism back-to-back is pretty outrageous, especially when you use it on Crystal Phoenix.

OriginalG1 likes this.
  12. Leadrz

You might wanna like keep record of stuff with runes.
    I have noticed your reliance on poxbase for historic rune Information.

13. Sokolov

I don't understand how this is relevant to my statement?

14. Leadrz

Because you had to test it.

Edit: I'm saying the people who coded it should know that it would bypass everything and it would have made it easier for you is all

Last edited: Jul 8, 2015
  15. Sokolov

I still don't understand how poxbase is relevant to me testing/verifying a bug?

16. Leadrz

Not bugs, just runes , like Nora changes ect.
    Which led me to believe that records of previous changes were not kept or precious designs like whoever coded or asked for the damage that bypasses all resistences to be coded.

That's all, In a way it is irrelevant.
    Forgive me for bringing it up.

17. Sokolov

So there is usually supposed to be a record of the ability description and who did the ability in the comments of abilities (tho it depends on how diligent the programmer was), but I don't think this helps with bugs or unintended interactions.

I mean, yea, if someone intended for Desecration to bypass resistances in general, it'd be nice if the spell said that, but it doesn't (and honestly if that was the intention it should say so right? haha) and so I wouldn't expect it to say that anywhere in the comments for the code either.

Plus, it's more efficient for me to test the actual interactions to reproduce a test-case for the programmers than to comb through the code myself guessing at what is wrong (if anything at all, as in some cases, bug reports are not actually accurate).

~

But yea, for changes in general, no such thing exists and even if it did, it'd probably would have been lost with the numerous transitions anyway. Changelogs are one of those systems that are great in theory, but you end up spending more time managing it than it is worth, especially since there's no way to tell if it's complete.

18. Leadrz

Okay :), yeah it'd be nice if it told you the intention.

You must have times where you look back and wonder what they were thinking aye.

Yeah In theory it is good, but again yeah it probably would be more trouble (time consuming )than it is worth.

19. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

Trap Spider cost 79
    Summon Trap Spider cost 80 need a reduce
    Polar Ant cost 82
    Summon Ant cost 60 need to cost up
    I think Thirst for Battle need a rework too
    At the end of your turn, this unit permanently gains +2 DMG and +1 DEF for each champion to which it is engaged it's too much,
    limit it like u did to valor or change it too +1 DMG or +1 DEF for every time it's trigger

20. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Just poppin in on the Desecration thing. Unlike most spells where it is something like Ice Storm thats AoEX Y Damage. Desecration specifically states the damage to shrines thus why it likely bypasses resistance.

OriginalG1 likes this.