Faction Alliances.

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by IMAGIRL, Jul 27, 2015.

1. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I got to thinking, and ended up a bit confused. (Happens often) Anyway. What are the faction alliances, and how do they stick together?

Protectorate
    • Forglar Swamp
    • Ironfist Stronghold
    • K'thir Forest
    • Savage Tundra
    Wrath
    • Forsaken Wastes
    • Shattered Peaks
    • Sundered Lands
    • Underdepths
    Joint coalitions? ^

Mutual Alliances
    Ironfist Stronghold & Savage Tundra allied if only because of shared borders and mutual defense benefits.

Main Warfare
    Forglar Swamp VS Shattered Peaks
    Ironfist Stronghold VS Sundered Lands
    K'thir Forest VS Underdepths
    Savage Tundra VS Forsaken Wastes

Secondary Warfare
    Forsaken Wastes & Sundered Lands still have some hatred brewing from the Elsari VS Valdici war, though I don't think that one was ever resolved. The whole 'Great Cataclsym' just put it on hold. I think it's now 3-way war - if unofficially - between Ironfist Stronghold which was formed by the Dwarfs, and Barbs who escaped before the Mutation thing happened in SL.

Shattered Peaks is exactly the name -shattered- having an ongoing civil war. 3 races (G'hern/Moga, Voil, Clops) vying for power with a newly formed powerhouse (Hyaenid/Djinn) entering the race. The short list:
    • Cyclops Empire in power. (Cataclysm?)
    • Zeventrech sad; goes on journey
    • Voil now seize power.
    • G'hern sub-servant to Voil with Moga being sub-servant to the G'hern.
    • Sarinda finds Zeventreck. Reinvigorates him. Wants to lead.
    • Cyclops get orgonized.
    • Cival unrest.
    • Voil /Cyclops bash it out. No clear winner, Voil remain in control
    • Hyaenid numbers grow. Djinn appear from (portals/dimension) offer their services.
    • Civil unrest again...
    • ?????

Underdepths has power issues, though Maxx has shown to be very powerful, with Grimlic second ? to him. Unfortunately there's also the issue of, "if I can kill you I get your rank" this is further conflicted with Votaev. Votaev is the ferryman of the river (name? I know its somewhere) who pulls up demons - who have been killed (Demons don't die, they just go to the river, until their power is strong enough to rebuild their body.) and sends them back on their way to Upper Sheoul. So nothing dies in UD even if you can kill it.

Forsaken Wastes has an internal power struggle going on between Serkan, and Xulos. Moragen is still depressed an rightly so.

Sundered Lands Not a clue other than there was a Skeezick rebellion. (It failed)

Savage Tundra Gnark Dead....

K'thir Forest Political power struggle between Menalaus an The Circle. Menalaus is currently and conveniently MIA. De'lim new power.

Forglar Swamp Circadian are new on the scene. Gekaal unhappy, Kartch indifferent, Slick and the Bu... Hahaha, you thought he cared. Princess Cecaelia is a political figure of vast power. (Not entirely sure how much...) To my knowledge the Darkmarsh aren't really a political sect, but an elite 'kill it any way you can' group within the Bogs

Ironfist Stronghold doesn't currently have any internal power struggles though relations are almost always strained between the barbarians and the dwarven royalty. The inquisition is growing in power and although loyal to the Royalty tends to do things their own way to further their own agenda. Currently has an utter lack of Drunk Griffins.

What am I mission, what is to be added, what do I have wrong?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2015
    Leadrz, Paladin, Pipster and 7 others like this.
  2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

St and Kf have it easy atm lmao. The ferry is going to be working overtime, UD sucks. Don't even get me started on fw... (moragen is depressed because fw is terrible)

Lol at the IS description, if IS has a problem they just RD or hammer strike bane blast and its gone. That's why they fight drunk, they don't even take the other factions seriously. Even if you nerf IS to the ground it will still be op.

3. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

IS and ST are allied if only because of shared borders and mutual defense benefits. They dont necessarily get along but agree its in their best interests to watch each others backs. IS tends to have the mentality of "The world is a f****d up place that cant be trusted so as long as they stay on their side of the border things are fine."
    IS doesnt currently have any internal power struggles though relations are almost always strained between the barbarians and the dwarven royalty. The inquisition is growing in power and although loyal to the Royalty tends to do things their own way to further their own agenda.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  4. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I was making a reference. Know Medusa? She was very pretty, I don't remember if she said something or others comented on her beauty in relation to Athena, but Athena got pissed. She turned Medusa into what she is now. Serkan pulled an 'Athena' with Moragen.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Thank you.

Leadrz likes this.
  6. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Now I really want to do a write up of the lore/timeline explaining the history of the Inquisition beginning with the Holy order of Paladins, the appearance of the Aspect of Divinity which reignites peoples belief in Al'Mara. The IEF being sent to Maljara as an expeditionary force and returning with stories of the Stitched and Kanen as well as news of the fall of Magnus. Israns return to hunt down her brother and the ensuing shift in mentality from defense and scouting to violent expansion.

soulmilk likes this.
  7. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Feel free. If I get enough cohesive story/history for each faction. I'll throw it into the Index soon or later.

Leadrz likes this.
  8. daeminicus

daeminicus Devotee of the Blood Owl

Was great fun to read the post! Would like more =)

9. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Actually Poseidon ***** Medusa in Athena's temple. Athena in her fury turned Medusa hideous. Arachne was the one that Athena transformed for boasting, but it was about weaving skill, not beauty. She was turned into a spider by Athena.

10. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

I thought Pos, and Arachne.... ah whos it. I got them mixed up. Thanks.

Leadrz likes this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

What's the point of gods with human flaws? lol.

12. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

I don't think SL and FW are beefing anymore. SL became blessed by the dragon gods and serkan and xulos got themselves loads of fun playthings.

Xulos and Vinny are even on speaking terms as indicated by the text on the dracolich.

Given the opportunity I think either would try to wipe the other out, but both fw and sl would behave in that way with every other faction.

OriginalG1, Anima26 and Kampel like this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You may have a hard time interacting with most of the art man-kind has ever produced. Just a heads up.

saromon50 likes this.
  14. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Makes em relatable.

15. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Well if it's a human trait it can't be a flaw we're too ego-centric for that. It's not a bug, it's a feature.

Qucas and IMAGIRL like this.
  16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

@Senshu Some Fictional Forum points need a home.

Leadrz likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why aren't people liking this thread? Do likes do anything? I liked this thread alot, I want to see more threads about the lore. My favorite thing in the lore is draksars and demons.

18. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

He likes the D

Anima26, soulmilk, saromon50 and 2 others like this.
  19. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

wrath and prot are loosely aligned with each other (as in, all of the wrath are with each other above all of prot, all of prot in kind. you know what i mean)

as for interfactional relations, FW has no real reason to hate on SL- SL dropping the bomb is the reason a faction full of undead and mutants can even exist. without that many dead elsarini (pasta dish?), serkan would have had no army to raise and become a threat with.

let's take this back to the wrath/prot lineups.

this is the only (read: first) map i could find http://i.imgur.com/rd1340Q.jpg

SL/IS have a pretty straightforward relationship. rugolth didn't feel like not being a traitor, so he went off with his people to get drunk in the mountains. the two factions still hate each other.

FS/SP share a border, and apparently value that border more than the others they share with their nominal enemies. sp doesn't have lore, they have champspam. i guess the swamps are historically a part of the peaks dominion, but that was when the clops were ruling the roost i think. not quite the same with a failing (?) voil dynasty.

KF/UD have the whole elf variant schism thing going, at least that makes a semblance of sense. also UD's only real border (sorta FS, but that's the edge of the Darkmarsh). their naval game must be on point cause otherwise they'd get cut off af. like realtalk, how do they even sustain themselves? only so much dirt and so many dead hostages you can eat, no?

then ST/FW don't quite share a border, by that map. in fact, by that map, ST could pretty much just let the other 3 fight it out with the 4 wrath factions and hide in their siberian waste. not like much of anyone would want it. i guess that's why FW gets them, only the undead would give a Bane Shift.

onto specific factional dudes- IS has little reason to squabble with UD. a whole lot of reasons to hate on FW/SL, and a few to try to take real land off KF/FS

SL's gateway away from their wrath 'allies', blind hatred aside, is through those mountains. if they were able to secure a pass through to FS/KF, even if SP or FW turned on them they'd stand a good chance at recovering- as is they're badly sandwiched. they're also not in a great position for sustaining themselves, too much desert. you know how much dragons can eat in a day?

it's k though, they cna tunnel ah what's the use

(ironically, SL's best likely play on this map would be to ally with IS, take FW, then take SP, then Maljara, then FS. the best option assuming Maljara to be too tough and all the former prejudices there in terms of alliance would be to cross the lake and ride on FS i'd think, but that has its own host of issues. SL in a shitty spot)

SP is, again, gonna be questioned on how they sustain themselves. their habitat is crag. they have at least 2 races almost solely devoted to reproducing ad nauseum (slags and moga, in case you were wondering) and then a menagerie of other beasts and beings. how the Firk do these mountains sustain all that goddamn life?

their play is honestly just ride on FS, take it piece by piece. the only reason that doesn't work for them is because they'd need all the wrath-buds to help, and they don't want SP to start snowballing

UD's stuck in a corner. their play would probably be to try to split up FS between them and SP, making a wholesale continental war kick off. upside i guess is that they're hard as hell (heh) to get out of that corner. like australia in risk, only more demons.

FW are in the best wrath position, i think- they're surrounded by harsh terrain, but their units are affected least of all units in the world by it. they're sitting on what's potentially some amazing farmland (eventually, probably not right now- the dead can wait). ironically, the lore (such as it is/such as i remember it) has FW undergoing civil turmoil, if not an attempted coup. that's the main thing that would stop them, i think (unless someone took out one of the big necromancers- you start cutting those strings, the whole operation drops like a rock).

at a second glance, it looks like ST borders FW and IS just has like no land. i dunno.

moving on-

IS, all joking aside, is lucky to exist. they're essentially being used as a buffer state by the rest of the prot factions against 3 of the wrath, and given few resources with which to subsist. if they were able to cut through the peaks, they'd have a shitton of mountain to work with. not ideal, but not easy to take away again if manned (or dwarfed) well. they don't really have a good move aside from sitting in the mountains and waiting for the world to end.

KF, ST, and FS all share the same move- take UD out of the Firking picture. good lord now. there is LITERALLY NO REASON that you should continue to allow that thing to stay there. if you expect that the prot movement against a wrath member would trigger a continental war, then use the terrain. you have marsh, tundra, and mountain between the bulk of the wrath forces and where you're gonna be. don't tell me you can't take the demons out if you run 3 factions at them. c'mon. you have ice magic. AOE ice magic.

c'mon.

real tho, KF and FS need to get on that. ST could reasonably go after the FW lands and leave IS hung out to dry, but that would only be feasible once UD was out of the picture.

yeah wtf is UD doing there.

Rapidice and Qucas like this.
  20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty