Discussion: Patch Notes September 9th, 2015

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Sep 9, 2015.

1. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

So Dead Fairy is okay at 77, but Augur of the Deep at 76 is OMGWTF over the line. Really?

2. Anima26

Anima26 I need me some PIE!

Fury of the storm is totally balanced compared to Augur. Kappa.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  3. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Im sorry for sounding like a complete idiot/jerk here, but please correct me if I'm wrong here:

1) Most of the abilities had their price reduced, so we can expect more cheap champ spam? I thought we were moving away from that.
    2) Old runes being buffed is a good thing, but doing it in a bunch like these wont present more balance problems? I just dont think this should be the way to do it.
    3) You cant expect to solve a theme's playability problem by buffing a handful of them to OP status. See yetis. A better approach would just be revisiting their racial, which is crap btw. But yeah, more meta fodder.
    4) Who the heck thought was a good idea to buff Dictate? I mean, wasnt it agreed upon that the escalation of damage combined with the amount of AP it generated was way over the top. Did we all forget how Dictate works with champs that can heal themselves? "Oh foot, but now it starts on CD". Screw that, draw win almost never happens in Pox anymore, do you really think that starting on CD is enough of a drawback to warrant such a low nora cost for this ability?

Sorry for just coming from vacation and sounding bitter, but this "Give me patch every month is a terrible approach if you ask me". It completely f*cks game balance and just move people that stayed away further, because really, who can keep up with these changes unless you are one of the 25 active ranked players?

Again, sorry, but I dont think you guys are focusing your energy/attention to the things that really matter atm, which are increasing the playerbase and retaining new players.

4. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

Yeah. You are right. Augur of the Deep is totally worth the extra points he costs over Fury.

5. Anima26

probably something to do with MW, he was banging on about Dictate being bad and over costed blah blah.

6. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

must to ask:
    Orb of Frostfall (rank 2)
    • Nora Cost decrease (-2)

Orb of Frostfall (rank 1)
    • Nora Cost decrease (-4)
    something looks wrong

7. Pedeguerra

And people listened?
    W.O.W

Qucas and Anima26 like this.
  8. Anima26

Maybe. It might have been more of a general consensus, idk. MW was defo banging on about it though.

9. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

To be fair MW goes on about everything.

SPiEkY likes this.
  10. Anima26

[​IMG]

BurnPyro and Pedeguerra like this.
  11. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

if u do this:
    Ethereal
    • Nora Cost increase (+6)
    • u will showbox all this runes

12. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Eh, it wasn't just mw24. We had a pretty big discussion about it.

Most people actually didn't realize it had been nerfed at some point (without changing the description) so that it took AP from the target, in what I assume was an attempt to change the draw-win nature of it, but which also made it not anywhere nearly as useful as it once was.

Now it's less bursty in terms of AP, and starts on CD instead.

13. Pedeguerra

Seems like the ability was fine as is, I dont think it warranted a change. Whatever.

However:

"hostile+defiance+hunter equipped hurlers, 71 nora shamans, mirrored and tremor magnificent"

LOL

14. Sokolov

I didn't like it. So I changed it.

There are many things like this in Pox where things got changed in a weird way. I am fixing them as I find them.

Tweek516 likes this.
  15. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

And the mireoak? Do you hate marsh trees or what. Could you please give it some love? o_O

16. Sokolov

We are moving to a place where abilities are appropriately costed. Sometimes that means increases and other times that means decreases.

Tweek516, Qucas and doubtofbuddha like this.
  17. Sokolov

Glad you approve of old runes being buffed. I think most players would rather see the pace increase, to be honest. And I am not sure it has any balance impacts based on speed of change.

Beefinator likes this.
  18. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

In the case of the Mire Oak it means a summarily completely inappropriate cost, though. Dunno how you can call that appropriate.

19. Sokolov

I agree here, and in general that's my preference (see expansion Ferren and Salaman), but sometimes players make a request for a specific rune or we see a specific rune that looked weird and we fix that one.

20. Sokolov

What abilities on the Mireoak are inappropriately costed?