What exactly do you do against minos

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Ultima, Oct 25, 2015.

1. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

I'm not saying Nerf them, this follows the same as the zombie thread. How does one fight against them? Do you turtle? Aggressive play? Aside from trying to knock the doors w down what are acceptable strategies?

2. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Minos are actually hard to use. They aren't really tanky(with a few exceptions), have no healing, and only one ranged champion. So although evasive appears to make it "impossible", beating them with range is a good strategy. Disabling them also helps a lot, given they're pretty much an all-or-nothing theme, if they charge in it's to kill or die.

Of course there's the doors, they make minos less predictable and a lot faster. You either destroy them or just count your enemy's AP so you don't fall for a rush.

3. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Deploy UT and cast Festering wounds.

4. Makorov

Makorov I need me some PIE!

Your ass hurts doesn't it?

Pedeguerra and Ballballer like this.
  5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Not after my fine purchase of the squatty potty

Nebron, DarkJello, Qucas and 9 others like this.
  6. OriginalG1

OriginalG1 I need me some PIE!

stack up as much nora as you can, and lure the mino's into a power turn. Try to take as many as them out in one go as possible.

7. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Going hard on the anti-melee plan can really help. They have a lot of damage though, so trying to flood with straight meat won't always work. Majestic is a solid choice, if you can get it. Additionally, like Lush said, they have limited healing and durability, so high damage output can crush them. Grinding down won't always work, because they can use Sac and Ret to recoup nora. If you have access to Nora Leech or Link, it's a solid option.

8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

If you're playing ST just throw up a snowblind and leave one of their units at 1 hp.

No but it's honestly hard to against Minos. You gotta stay out of Cueller's dragging range while avoiding getting hit by Portalwalker.

I ignore Minotaur Battlemage until I can one turn.

9. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Despite being melee,they have a huge threat range because of pseudo ranged attacks,damaging spell spam and doors.
    You can expect powerturns and plenty of spell damage,both single target(such as mindslicer boomerang and retribution) and aoes(superiority,maddening echoes,fire blast).
    They have on demand cleanse/dispel because of minotaur stoker,so also keep that in mind.

10. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

play a strong bg or die.

11. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

@Ultima, That attrition deck you played didn't have enough stoppage against a Mino rush, even on the big UD map. You mentioned you had no luck with any bg you used, but it would be helpful if you told me what else you play with.

A few general mistakes are:
    You did not account for Purging Flames on Stoker.
    You did not account for me dropping a spot Dimension Door relic. Sentry is not the only way to get Dimension Doors out.
    You left Culler in double tap range. I usually don't even need a door to move in and double tap, that is how prominent this mistake is. If you leave something in range of Culler to double tap, it will die.
    You aren't kiting properly.
    You're deck doesn't have good melee counter play.

I can write more later when I have time. Personally, I play pretty aggressively but if you can stop me from chain killing your champs early on then you are in a much better position to win. Also agree with ignoring battlemage until you can properly one round him.

Lushiris likes this.
  12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

If you aren't using a strong bg you aren't going to win much against minotaurs.

13. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

This deserves far more likes than a I'm able to give right now, and you have no idea how sad I am that I can't give it everything it deserves.

14. Anotherblackman

Anotherblackman I need me some PIE!

how to beat bulls.

Run increase gravity and clown car

15. Makorov

@MogaBait
    @DMrBadguy
    Ignoring a Battlemage sounds really hard when it's in your face beating the crap out of it
    Any tips?

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Makorov
    @Ultima

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

you should have a perseverance counter in nearly every bg you play competitively.

18. Ultima

Ultima I need me some PIE!

I've only fought them once and was over whelmed. The dude named mogasomething high rank was using em. Held my own a bit with my skeles until I underestimated dimension doors

19. Makorov

Haha alright, I'll that in mind

Yea, I have to agree

20. MogaBait

MogaBait I need me some PIE!

Eh, Planar Dissonance is pretty easy to play around after the first time you fall for it when playing minos. Though you will catch a lot of players new to the theme off guard and in that case it's probably the easiest win you can get against minos.