Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

I always feel as if I was causing so much work for you. We could also just agree that I won't play it anymore.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

You run Befoul, right?

3. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

Of course. I think Befoul, a Champion with Precision and Eye for an Eye is quite effective on its own. But of course it's slightly better on an Infestor after you have given away its possession. It gets blinded, then blinds, then you move it closer to another champion if you can and you baneshift its own blind on another Champion. Hence, one possessed, two permanently blinded.

4. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

But you findz the bugs!

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah. Damn if that was only a FW spell...

6. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

But I'm not looking for the bugs! I'm looking for weird and unintended but legal interactions.

Tweek516, Gnomes and poinl like this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

mirefolks would probably be a top notch bg now if it werent for the berserker ability making the pirahnids suck :(.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

spark crone would be better with shock and static greeting on base. I dont understand why these were removed o_O. empowered range is kinda nice but 5 base or more base range woulda been better, empowered range is kind of a band aid.

empowered abilities are pretty mediocre on most champs.

9. Raikan

Raikan I need me some PIE!

I wasn't being clear then. I agree that something should have been done. But I'd prefer to allow multiple stormreaders to stack on the same target, like mind shredder, and instead pay a higher price for the ability in terms or nora or ap. While abilities that force attackers to split their attacks among multiple targets make sense, they are inherently defensive and it doesn't make sense to me to build that into an offensive ability as opposed to defensive abilities on champs (e.g. absorb, vaporize, etc.).

10. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I think that given the possibility of triggering it on the opposing turn (almost always prior to enemy action), on the target(s) of your choice, the stacking factor was simply too much in terms of single target potential damage.

I also like this change because it doesn't impact the power level of a single Stormreader champion in any way - and I want to keep things powerful and interesting where I can (thus why I don't want to remove Shocked, etc. interactions).

11. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Ranged Violent isn't a good idea, and he has inscrutable because of revere.

12. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

ranged violent wouldnt be a problem in draksar considering how much their ranged units suck.(besides priest of fury)

13. avichaif

avichaif Devotee of the Blood Owl

only 2 from 12 unit's with revere have inscrutable

14. avichaif

the new one looks like he have a potential

15. Lushiris

That's because his revere would be too powerful if u had more of him in play. Imagine 3 of him in a game, 6 nora per fire damage dealt. That would allow some cheap tricks for sure. Man, even with 2 you can split with UD and make 48 nora from one full AP Flame Surge from Raptor.

IMO it's a matter of time until someone exploits this ability, even with Inscrutable.

16. avichaif

so his ability is bad why Gargoyle have it?

17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the new draksar champs suck too, priest of fury is really strong now tho but you can only run him 2x, which means 4 out of 6 of your ranged units are gonna suck in a draksar bg.(thats really bad...)

18. Lushiris

My guess would be that it was very OP on release, so it was given to Gargoyle to stop people from making nearly unkillable font contesters. Keep in mind the game was very different back then, Physical immunity was a lot stronger. Not sure if Gargoyle needs Inscrutable now though.

19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

no

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

please buff berserker, make mirefolk fealty last 2 turns, and fix ctharias range....