Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

I was told by karmavore it cost 20 nora so i didnt even bother to check my bad. Well no take root decreases the utility of those guys a lot wow.....oh wait, youre still getting 89 hp and a relic kill for the price of 25 nora. Yes it is op

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

89 HP which is vulnerable to being instantly removed by certain abilities, cant contest fonts or give you any kind of spell presence either, and a relic kill in 3 rounds is not the same as an instant relic kill, please don't act like it is.

Ifem21 and Tweek516 like this.
  3. Ballballer

25 nora is 25 nora
    Who's the one pretending here?

4. themacca

the one neglecting to add in information because it doesn't support his point i assume

5. Ballballer

Really? I think its the person glossing over the most important details to try and detract from the real issue.

6. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

With Overgrowth you're also paying in advance for two things that may or may not be relevant by the time they materialize. The difference between destroying a relic now and scheduling its destruction for later is massive. Likewise scheduling three low-health, low-damage, champions that can't contest fonts and are vulnerable to instant removal to emerge during the opponents turn in 3 rounds diminishes the impact of their cumulative HP.

7. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

It was 30 before the expansion and not used all that often. I am inclined to keep trying it out at 25 for a bit.

8. themacca

how is the most important part NOT that it takes 3 rounds for it to kill

9. Ballballer

This is hilarious. Im being argued with about 89hp of meat for 25 nora not being op. You people dont get it, this is not some freaking tempo hit. "Vulnerable to instant removal" because yeah, theres a Bane Shift ton of sever summons around. You could use the same argument for every freakin summon, but surprise surpise everybody agrees for some reason that summon spam is op. If the opponent deploys a relic, then boom you use overgrowth. Its just that simple. The relic kill can almost be considered a delicious afterthought in half the cases. B-b-but ballballer! They arent summoned immediately! This.spell.costs.25.nora.people.

Pattn199 likes this.
  10. Gorebucket

Gorebucket Forum Royalty

Even if the total cumulative health (which is 72 without artificial inflation) is the only factor you're interested in, it is not the only factor.

The fact that the number is...

1) the sum of much smaller amounts of health
    2) on non-font contesting champs
    3) that take 3 rounds to materialize
    4) just in time to let the opponent obliterate them before they can act
    5) which any AoE attack can do to three low-health champs
    6) if they provided you with an opportunity to cast it in the first place

...does indeed make a difference.

Fact: Not all health is created equal.

Example: 72 Hp on a normal champ > the same on a non-font-contesting champ > the same divided between three summons > the same that takes three rounds to appear > the same that does so just in the right time and place to be attacked > the same that depends on the opponent's cooperation to occur without requiring additional expenditures on your part

Do I think Overgrowth needed the recent reduction? Not really. I liked it just fine at 30, whether anyone else used it or not.
    What bothers me is flouting the big number and pretending that there aren't numerous factors that diminish its impact.

Ifem21, Tweek516, Qucas and 1 other person like this.
  11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

why is ballballer complaining about overgrowth? trees(and delim) suck...

12. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

A theme being bad or good has no relationship to whether runes in that theme are problematic or not.

13. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Plus Overgrowth isn't a trees only rune anyway.

14. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

To be fair, I'd like to see what a really good player could do with Fae Dreamer, Call Serpent, and Overgrowth.

15. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

Sporegill + Overgrowth is already pretty legit in trees or D'elim

16. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its only good in trees and nerfing a rune thats core to a underpowered theme doesnt seem like a bright idea unless you plan on adressing issues the tree and delim themes have at the same time.

seeker of the source needs a better range or significant buffs in order to make up for his poor range. frost immunity is costing solstice marksman too much nora, freezing strike and his first uptrade lines are also pretty useless. light of the circle lost motivate(the only reason to run the champ) it needs 1 less speed or higher base damage. warden of the path needs a slight buff imo but im not sure how to buff it. it seems new growth on fanatical devotee and gravebind on blackblade baron are both overcosted. both of these runes seem to cost 2-4 nora more than they should with their current ability sets. solar flare needs to be reworked into a more useful ability, its very weak currently. wood marshal druid and flame mage of the circle need some changes to their ability sets, they are currently too expensive with the current sets that they have. enforcerer looks decent now and dictate seems to have been changed into a useful ability. 77 is still pretty high but his stats and ability set arent bad.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2015
  17. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

True, that is legit. Call Serpent is a little faster, though, and the relic can be spawned at spell range (thus making the Saplings spawn as spell range, too). With Favor out, the combo is 40 nora.

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

serpant has no synergy with trees or delim(the only decks overgrowth is strong in)

maybe thatd be decent in a boost weak bg but thatd still be a pretty mediocre deck.

19. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Any chance that Death Nova Lava can get a decrease for the amount of time it leaves lava? 6 turns is a long time.

Ifem21, Anima26, Sirius and 3 others like this.
  20. Bellagion

Bellagion I need me some PIE!

It's definitely a good amount of stats for the nora. I feel like right now the Sporegill may be more valuable than the snake, but there could certainly be a deck that capitalizes on the fact that it spawns closer to the battle.