Worms Ground Zero

Discussion in 'Forsaken Wastes' started by kalasle, Sep 5, 2015.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Uh, I think Twilight. I'm not running him or Reflecting right now. The list is honestly in a ton of flux -- I'm satisfied with only half the champs or so, and most of the support runes are still open. I don't see Eye and Bloodworm as filling the same slot, but I still doubt I would include a second. Thinking about dropping 1 Putrid for one of the other worms currently absent from the list -- maybe even a Martyr. The second Bile Zombie isn't going to leave, I think they are too powerful back-to-back to consider going to a single. I'm very tepid on Martyr because he doesn't have Necrosis and isn't even a Worm, which means he can't properly interact with the SDZ growth himself, and might not be valuable enough by himself like BZ.

2. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

what do you do vs unholy tomb in turn 1?

3. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

What do you mean? Like, do I have any special canned response, does it influence my strategy at all? Not really -- I play my normal game. On a tactical level this might mean not swinging back individual Carrionlings for pure Surge power and instead sending them into the grinder, but other than that, the approach remains the same: slow-roll the forward movement. Honestly, once BZ is fully online, that rune can rapidly out-value all of Tomb's previous generation.

4. Netherzen

Netherzen I need me some PIE!

Carrionling needs to get properly recosted at 25 nora.5 base hp and 4speed is just a joke.

5. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I don't think it really matters. They show up as summons anyway.

6. Netherzen

That is true but lowering the cost of carrionling would not affect the summon in any way and it would give worm players a new toy to play with.

7. Netherzen

Latest worm bg:
    wormy worms.JPG

I had my doubts about carrion collousus because of his high cost but after few games i changed my mind.He is an monster.Improve range/commander/defender go very well with him.

8. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

I doubted Kal's build for a little while too, but I found the closer to his mine looked, the better it performed. I recommend copying his strategy and bg exactly for a while and then tuning it to your taste if you really want to learn worms.

9. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

If you're playing worms a phantasmal creeper will ruin their nora generation from tomb. Worms also don't care about the HP loss that much.

10. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Aw dang, you are right, totally forgot about Leech.

11. Netherzen

I have been playing worms as long as kal.I dont need to learn how to.
    Worms have a certain flexibility in playstyle so i dont think his bg is the best model.
    Also i cant get the legendaries.

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

lol

Netherzen likes this.
  13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Hey man, I got respect for Netherzen's choices. Not having Legends or even just wanting to try something else is 100% valid.

Netherzen likes this.
  14. Netherzen

New version.
    wormoids.JPG

Thank you macca for the worm.
    I am really loving the plague trap and mist of the dead.
    Its great for contesting fonts so you can keep worms closer to deployment zone while you build up.

15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Yeah, Mist looks like a potentially alright contesting relic after that -20 nora. How have *double* Plague Traps been working out? And the Amulet and Scythe? What do you use em for?

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

wasnt that, i just found it funny that i stumbled onto that post after giving him an eye of serkan haha

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

oh

18. Netherzen

I recently doubled on the traps because i have found myself always using a trap.The trap can either contest a font for a while or do more damage then it costs nora,its cheap,its small but its efficient.
    Late game with huge deployment zone you can use plague traps to contest the crap of any font while your champions focus on enemy champion or shrine.
    Even if the plague trap will hit one enemy champion it will deal 14 damage.20 nora for 14 damage is efficent.
    I am growing to like these cheap relics and equipment changes because it moves away from power turns and into more micro focused play.
    Scythe helps against moga,cheap junk,beasts,summons,swarms(carriolings getting swarmed is bad).Its a very efficient and cheap tool.My priority targets are either putrid creeper because of his durability or reflecting creeper.I use leech vitality on ref. creeper,in combination with scythe he can become a headache for enemy,especialy since he has mirrored.
    Amulet is to help me contest fonts while i build up the deployment zone.
    Edit: Amulet and reflecting is also good,since he has mirrored.

19. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

That is a compelling argument for Scythe. May try one out over something like Ring. Will also give either trap or Mist a try. Seems like Scythe could also be good on Eye for cutting through lots of cheap champions at once.

20. Netherzen

Thats the idea.I like the symbolism,that a scythe equipment is used to kill many small and weak enemy champions.