Ugh...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Sokolov, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

as opposed to one who has no idea but does care? k

2. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

That's not to say that I think religion is all bad. I envy the sense of purpose it can give, but it's just not for me. As with most things, the extremes are the rotten apples.

DarkJello likes this.
  3. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

I'm a follower of Christ...nothing more, nothing less. You can replace the word "a" with "the." There is only one, and He made all of this. This is precisely why I wonder why He ever decided to give man free will. Of course, the comforting thing to me through this entire discussion is that as most of you guys are young atm. When you grow older, your body begins to fail, and you begin staring at what might wait for you in the life after this one, most people that share like beliefs really start getting uncertain about this whole "nothing out there approach." I do pray the Lord reveals Himself to each of you in due time. That sincerely is my wish.

And BTW, what more scientific proof do you need to know other than science miserably fails to determine the origin of our existence? Stick your head in the sand, that's cool. Science was created by God and it all points back to Him. Again, no way to explain it when you remove Him from the equation. Most of you remove God, however, and just write a blank space instead so that I suppose you hope to one day fill in the blank.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
  4. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

Lucifer for life.

5. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

If you truly only knew what you were saying... =/

6. Alakhami

666 Firking *****es on the pentagram

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

I would have just put God, but I was referring to all religions.

The absence of proof for something does not disprove it. Science does not have proof for how gravity works, yet I know it exists. I am eager to learn more about it when a discovery is made.

DarkJello likes this.
  8. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Absolute crazy talk. The whole post, but this struck me the most.

Fairy tales controlling people's lives who choose so, whatever. But somehow feel the need to constantly act like we're worse of/to pity because we're not jacking to some divine being.

Alakhami likes this.
  10. Alakhami

Dude join Satan with me and Agirgis, we got bїtchеs and drugz

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Nah, I feel like half of the satan worshippers out there are hipster religious people.

I just don't belief in make belief that holds absolutely no factual evidence.

12. iPox

iPox Forum Royalty

More in the sense that neither this question nor any possible answer plays a role in my life.

JellyBerry and BurnPyro like this.
  13. Alakhami

Actually, if you read the Satanic Bible by LaVey, you'll probably find a lot of interesting stuff there. Not to mention it's most likely nothing like you imagine it to be. There's no dogmas, no irrational devotion to divine beings, the existence of which is questionable, etc.

14. Ragic

contemplating the deeper mysteries of life isn't for everyone.

DarkJello and Pedeguerra like this.
  15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I just don't see the point of reading it. What positive impact could that book possibly have on my life? All that yapping about God and Satan is just filler.

Contemplating mysteries of life can't possibly mean anything but praying to the one and only God.

16. Alakhami

You won't know the point of reading it until you actually read it, instead of judging it by it's cover (name).

DarkJello likes this.
  17. Ragic

well it certainly doesn't mean interjecting yourself into a conversation with the sole purpose of declaring you don't care about the conversation. I'm amused by those who refuse to answer thought questions like the one I proposed as if afraid they will get caught in a logic trap. Logic is not a trap, it is a path to self awareness. I just posed a question, I don't force one answer or another but rather ask you to consider what informed your answer.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2016
    DarkJello and Pedeguerra like this.
  18. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.
    2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.
    3. One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.
    4. The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.
    5. Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.
    6. People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.
    7. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.

I see why Satanism is so opposed by Christianity. Proverbs 3:5-6 is often quoted when I tell people I believe in science and not religion.
    Proverbs 3:5-6New King James Version (NKJV)

5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    And lean not on your own understanding;
    6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He shall direct[a] your paths.
    Footnotes:

Proverbs 3:6 Or make smooth or straight

DarkJello likes this.
  19. Ragic

I think most people (even atheists) would agree with these statements. But they imply that there is some higher purpose in how one should conduct themselves beyond min/maxing their quality of life. if one doesn't believe that the 'higher purpose' is defined by god as outlined in this or that religion fine but that doesn't free one from knowing a higher purpose exists. And an enlightened individual should at least be curious what the nature of that higher purpose is.

DarkJello, Pedeguerra and Alakhami like this.
  20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

But I can guess what it's contents will be. And I doubt it will be of interest to me.