Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

FW faction bonus... Please change it, but dont change it too much. I like it the way it is, although it almost never benefits me in the bgs I play at the moment.
    I would really like that the bonus should also include +2 rune reveals at the begining of a match. This will help alot in actually benefiting from the 60% cooldown reduction, because you build bgs with fewer champs and not lose every 5. or 6. game due to a no champ in the first draw. I think this change would really make the FW faction bonus work better - My only concern with the change is that it might reduce the variety of FW runes seeing play.

Elsari Coven - Its listed that it should be reduced to 1 turn pr witch.... I hope this comes with a pretty cost decrease. Witches already took quite a beating last patch (3 core runes getting +5 nora, and two core champs being changed) - and hourglass along with some other relics are in for another nerf. Just wait a little and see how these changes plays out.

Seism - Ive already made another post about this... Please consider the arguments presented in that debate. Just to sum up - My primary problem is that the abillity doesnt encourage a fun and interactive play style. My secondary concern is that it is way to cheap for how effective it is. I would prefer that my primary concern would be dealt with. The easy solution is +5 nora.

Hallucinogetic - I would consider just dropping the effect to 2 turns. This means that anyone attacking the unit will just not move for the rest of the turn, but can move freely again the turn after. No cost decrease for this.

Grim well - consider making it +5 nora (seriously this relic is super effective) - but only if you nuke Seism.

Soulreave - also consider +5 nora. I recently added this rune back into my bg - Its amazing how much this rune allows you to counter. Impervious, arrow eater, reflexes, evasive, void shields , immunities etc... and its duration is two rounds.

Besides from that - There are some great changes underway I think. Changing the "ranged units" will make a huge impact on this game, and will completely change what runes are going to see play. Im looking forward to rediscovering Pox Nora. Removing dots rank 2 and 3 from ranged will also be great.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Another witch player expecting the bonus be changed to cater to them. Look the bonus is integral to every other FW theme and is actually extremely helpful to those who actually know how to use it properly. Bonus isn't changing cause it doesn't suit witches playstyle which has no place in FW to begin with.

IMAGIRL likes this.
  3. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

It is not integral to every other FW theme - Your statement is just plain wrong.
    My suggested change will in no way affect the "die and redeploy" playstyle of many (but not all) FW bg´s.
    Also - Ive played FW for YEARS m8, and only witches for a few months. Ive made this proposal before (or rather supported it, because someone else made the suggestion back then) - so dont assume I only propose this because I currently mainly play witches.

4. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

nobody currently playing fw knows how to "play it properly" because all of the good fw players quit(including myself, i just play it for fun now)... your post is silly.

if you think your a good fw player then start winning with it against good players using good bgs on a consistent basis.

there arent even any other players besides myself atm who even play the fw faction at high ranks and in my opinion as a former fw main the faction bonus is next to worthless. you could literally remove it from the faction and it would have very little effect on its strength.(even cheap meat bgs barely benefit from the bonus because they already have low cds as is, a 45 nora champ coming off cd 2 turns earlier doesnt really provide much of a benefit at all)

Last edited: Feb 12, 2016
  5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

About avatars, I think it would be feasible to remove regular shrines and replace them with avatars. Why avatars exist in training grounds \ free decks is beyond me (only people who bought avatars have them)

6. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

I have kept a place in top 20 using witches. I dont know if that fits your definition of "high ranks". The last patch caused me to drop from rank 10 with the witches. And I dont believe Witches is the strongest FW theme at the moment. FW is not dead.

7. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

That's the problem , we want fw to be dead and undead, not some silly alive witches.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

atm with the minimum 5 exp gain its just a farming contest,(also most decent players are inactive or arent attempting to climb) what i really mean is against top players while their using top bgs. also its likely the witches are the strongest theme in fw, maybe zombie.

9. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

fw has been dead since at least geddins revamp. me and devilsrath have been the only players playing it consistently at higher ranks in the past year and a half.

10. Ssharsted

Ssharsted Member

The first years I played pox you only had 20 runes in a bg. In that time the FW faction bonus really made a difference. As FW you had the option to play the evil and sadistic play style where you just drained your opponent for champs. You laughed your most evil laugh at UD when they sacrificed and retributed their champs, because you knew it only brought them closer to their doom.
    After the 30 runes BG change came that option of play style sort of died out (Which was probably good, because people hated these games).

The FW bonus didnt change though, and right now there are so many FW build styles that just doesnt benefit from the bonus.

FW cooldown reduction works great in some themes, and I think that part should never be changed - Adding the rune reveals will just give you a little advantage in the early game. As untill now there are so many games being played where the faction bonus didnt impact the game at all.

FW faction bonus exapmle: Stiched. After the stiched became playable FF I started playing FF UD stiched. I missed the font bonus from FW and the spell "Disintegrate", but never once did I think "Gee... I wish my champs had 2 less damage, but a 30% cooldown decrease".
    Now imagine going FF FW with stiched....

11. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i think your overestimating the strength of the fw faction bonus, in my opinion its almost worthless in nearly all fw bgs.

12. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

I just thought I'd highlight this for @BurnPyro so when he logs on, he'll have a smile on his face.

Ssharsted likes this.
  13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

remove the cdr from cheap meat bgs and their win % will hardly change. 45 nora champs already have like a 5 turn cd, a 3 turn cd instead isnt that helpful... a real bonus like extra stats or nora gen on the otherhand would be.

also burnpyro doesnt know jack about fw so idc.

14. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Im aware it's only for 2 turns. however shimmering wings removed a 5 nora ability. but then adds 27 nora in abilities plus how ever much 3-5 range costs. this is all a bit much for a 8 nora ability. Suggest removing mobility (cause why is it even there in the first place) and impairing feedback (see mobility for reasoning)

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  15. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Talking about Cheap Meat decks right now seems moot, because that deck doesn't freakin' exist.

16. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

No idea where to put this, but here is how Liches can work:

Each important Lich champion can be built with a particular FW spell in mind, and have base Spell Surge for that rune. This does a heck of a lot of great stuff.
    • It makes Lich independent commander units that serve a unique role within an army.
    • It organically restricts the number of Liches within a deck, because a player can only run so many corresponding spells.
    • It ties Liches closely into necromancy and spell casting, which helps re-focus FW on their spell select over the more recent use of equipment.
    • It provides an avenue to bring old spells to the forefront of play by giving them a Spell Surge option.
    • It uses a single ability which already exists, so it doesn't introduce any new code.
    • It provides a clear thematic thread through numerous Liches, even as it simultaneously makes them restricted leader units.
    I think it's a good idea.

Alakhami, Tweek516, IMAGIRL and 4 others like this.
  17. doubtofbuddha

doubtofbuddha I need me some PIE!

That is a fantastic idea. I love it and I normally am not into FW at all. Bravo.

18. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I plan on using Spellsurge more going forward, because it's a neat mechanic. If there's codetime, I will look into the Lich thing.

doubtofbuddha likes this.
  19. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have actually decided to leave Coven for the time being. Though it is still on my watchlist.

That said, as people have noticed, most racials are stronger than other abilities. They really should be more compared to other racials rather than normal abilities.

Normal ability comparisons with racials can give you a baseline though, but do expect a strength difference there.

20. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I think Teleport: Equipped should be renamed to Relocate: Equipped.

badgerale likes this.