Cactuar Crate - Visions of Amareth Edition

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Sokolov, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Qucas

Qucas Guest

If they didn't debuff your own units, they would all cost more and you would complain about that.

2. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the root cause of this games pvp issues is the devs not being proficient at the game but making nearly all of the decisions on how to properly balance a game they dont really know how to play. an effective council is desperately needed to fix this game, otherwise it will never happen.(since they probably cant hire another dev whos job it is just to learn the games pvp and balance it)

Last edited: Feb 14, 2016
  3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Because you control the champion. It's no different than Auras, which can damage friendlies as well.

4. Sokolov

Not really.

5. Sokolov

It does have one.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

a new more effective council that consists of solely players that are very knowledgeable at the games pvp.

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can you shut up yet?

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its different, depression reduces damage to all units near during your turn while you attack, not after when you end your turn.(which causes you to have to maneuver around your own unit, its also aoe 3) also allowing aura to work on friendlies benefits eater and acolyte bgs.(even tho they currently suck)

9. Sokolov

Based on your feedback, you have major holes in your understand of the game in general, as well as what actually has happened in the game, especially when you claim changes have been made where there was none. This is problematic for me because it's hard for me to evaluate your feedback when you either refuse to or unable to explain yourself adequately.

I am glad you think you are the sole arbiter of "strong." But plenty of knowledgable players disagree with a lot of what you say.

In any case, as I have said, Acolytes are being code-nerfed, at that time the price will be reduced.

Howling Wind gives Vulns, so we can only reduce the % on it if we also changed Vulns, and I wasn't sure I wanted to do that at the time. However, I have decided to reduce the % of Vulns to 25% and then add more Vulns in general to different champions, so Howling Wind will be going back to 40 at that time, actually.

Alakhami likes this.
  10. Sokolov

I'll take a second look at Amplify costs, but the new costs are aligned with the fact that they are global DMG increasers that also scale with base DMG.

If you have specific comparisons/arguments to make regardings its value instead of just generic "it's bad" comments, I'd be interested to hear them.

But generally, if you simply make statements as tho they are fact without supporting evidence, there is not much to discuss with you.

11. kagebunshn

kagebunshn I need me some PIE!

Sok, whats the current plan on recoding acolyte abilities?

They are probably fine costing close to regen 3. Just limit them to only proc on your turn and limit it to 4 or 5 procs a turn. Healing 8-10 points a turn is still strong, but stops the majority of the shenanigans.

12. Sokolov

Some kind of cap, yea.

13. Sokolov

It's expensive because it's powerful and large AE. But yea, it could be nerfed in some way and cost reduced.

I like having Dread and Depression being 2 different abilities though, it gives variety and allows for different champions to play differently.

14. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov i dont mean to be disrespectful, just giving my honest opinion. nobody can expect you to work on all the stuff you work on with the game and still play as much as some of these players do. wat i said in my earlier post was truthful tho, you're going to need to rely heavily on the players in order to get this games pvp fixed.( highly skilled/knowledgeable players)

15. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Can we not please.

16. Sokolov

And I do appreciate feedback.

But it'd honestly be more helpful if you actually gave me useful feedback instead of just repeating this over and over. I know you have your opinions, but I can't just take your word for it that you know what you are talking about.

Alakhami likes this.
  17. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov zombie plague from infected zombies(and the infected zombies from corpse pile) is not working at all.

centaur skirmisher is also being exploited again in shrine rush cheese decks, it probably needs to just gain the skirmisher ability.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

@Sokolov pride of sargnhaver is glitched, the assault is only lasting 1 turn instead of 6 as described. i hate losing games because of this type of stuff -___-

19. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

surprisingly firk/psychic theme is looking pretty good.

20. Sokolov

Please post this to the bug forums and provide relevant details. I haven't been able to reproduce the bug.

Last edited: Feb 15, 2016