Terrorist Attacks in Belgium: Europe United?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by DarkJello, Mar 18, 2016.

1. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

You guys are doin a great job over there. Brussels turned out fine right? How is paris doing? Who needs guns right? Yo Germany how's it goin with all those unreported sexual assaults? Yo Sweden how's it goin over there how are your women being treated? Let em all in bro hipster logic and Euro gov't gonna take care of everything til the U.N. takes over. Doesen't take another San bernadino incident or Pearl Harbor like sneak attacks to figure out the sht is hitting the fan thanks to bad decisions over the last two decades in large part because of our government.

Saandro, newsbuff and DarkJello like this.
  2. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

You believe 1.3 billion human beings are trying to enter America right now? Many great Americans are Muslims. Trump be talking about non-citizens.

3. Burcho

Burcho I need me some PIE!

I trust the government to make decisions over letting everybody do as they like. I hope the government makes as little mistakes as possible, but some bad decisions will have been made and will be made later too. Learn from your mistakes and move on to make fresh ones.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

hah, you choose live in fear. I choose not to.

Pattn199 likes this.
  5. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

We have actually minimized damage in previous attacks and completely stopped previous attacks, this one was the first that hit hard. You can't completely negate that risk. Furthermore, if you believe playing into ISIS's hand and setting yourself up to be the anti-muslim country they make you out to be is going to work for you in the long term, you're sadly mistaken. It'll only make them better at recruiting.

Is there a perfect solution? Firk knows. But I don't believe in a temp ban. There's citizens radicalizing already in the countries. There is unrest. If we slap the muslim community in the face like that, however nice we would be about it, they wouldn't appreciate it one bit. I believe that we have to work together with the muslim community, which whom we have common goals in defeating ISIS. Most of the muslim community condemns their radicalism. The radicalization can only be fought in their mosques by the imams. And no I'm not bullshitting about the power of friendship or all that jazz. I don't need to be friends with every muslim to understand that we have common goals.

Or we could just nuke/carpet bomb the middle east until we feel safe again, whatever works.

6. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

You dont know what you're talking about, lol.

7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

Maybe, maybe not. I dont think most other cultures would have wiped out the native americans, attempted to colonialize, steal from, and enslave the world, or would have captured and enslaved(with their guns) tens of millions of africans and taken them across the ocean just to be slaves. I also dont believe that most other cultures would have been so extremely and irrationally racist either, treating other races of peoples as if they are less than animals.

Some cultures would have been just as bad or worse if given the opportunity but as a whole I dont think most peoples would have been anywhere near as bad if given they had the military advantages that the west had over the last 500 years. It only makes it worse that they claimed to be christians...

Maybe life back then was just so unbearable that it corrupted/poisoned their minds and made them a sick and evil peoples. I dont know.

The west has done alot of good for humanity but at the same time, the bad probably far outweighs anything positive that has been accomplished. Maybe most if not all peoples are just naturally that evil and other peoples would have been just as bad, I have a hard time believing this tho. Maybe it just depends on the cultures involved and the world just was unlucky that it was western europe that came to power.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2016
  8. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

9. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

I think the original idea was to do it until each group of individuals were vetted to show no inclination to kill people. Not to "beat ISIS." But to have proper processing of people to not let in enemies pretending to be refugees. Something that has clearly happened at least in Europe, and which ISIS has loudly proclaimed as a tactic they are using (though they likely exaggerate the numbers/effectiveness of the tactic on their end).

It's tricky and difficult, particularly since many lack useful (for the purposes of nations being emigrated to) paperwork.

DarkJello likes this.
  10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

The intention of a ban is to protect our country not to go crazy run out and launch an offensive against the pan-arab coalition. Lift the ban when we can properly vet these crazies. Your answer just let the muslims fix it themselves? Yea they have had 100's of years to do that and they haven't fixed anything. Jimmy Carter put a temporary ban on Iran in 79. I don't see anything wrong with doing it for a while now. Oh wait the ***** global media, the PC warriors, and the hipsters say we should just lay down and let them blow us up. Great idea. Bad idea to sit around and wait for them to blow up another airport. I would rather be hated and be alive then have the airports in my state get pipe bombed.

DarkJello likes this.
  11. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

You're free to believe that, but history shows otherwise. Hell, the present shows otherwise, including the title and larger subject of this very thread.

It's not that the Westerners, those "White" guys, are so evil, corrupt, hateful... whatever. It's humanity in general. It's also not that Westerners, those "White" guys, did a lot of good things, created great works of art and brought "civilization" to the world. That's also humanity in general.

There are certainly more evil cultures, at least by our common standards, than others, but these are not limited by location or race. Nor do they necessarily endure even when the nation(s) that fostered them have.

Pattn199, Saandro, newsbuff and 2 others like this.
  12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

So, like, are they trying to condition kids to play slot machines or...?

13. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

they are white in eastern europe too but not as evil, lol. Extreme racism has endured pretty strongly in america at least(mainly in red states), police have been trying to frame me/set me up since i was like 14.(in texas, never happened when i lived in california)

The southern united states is still very much racist, its like ingrained in their culture for some reason. I dont know what's wrong with these people, maybe they just need a scapegoat for their own problems/shortcomings.(not everyone in the south obviously but still far too many people)

I didnt have to deal with nearly as much racism when I was in california vs texas. Even the far right politics that are popular in the south are influenced largely by indirectly racist ideologies.

14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

uh

what does that even mean, let them in after psych evals? Ink test? Ask them if they played gta5?

15. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think the biggest issue here is how Turkey stopped at least one of them and put them on a plane to the Netherlands without also telling the Netherlands the reason for deportation or that they had put him on a plane trough the proper channels.

Also belgians and americans and everyone else not sharing watch lists apparently.

Pattn199 and Ohmin like this.
  16. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

Interviews at least would be a start, asking questions about who they are and getting verification where possible. The US and other nations have established immigration proceedures, implementing them would make sense over just a "everyone, get in here!" approach.

I assume you've never gone through an immigration process, nor no anyone that has? If that assumption is wrong, you can start to work on filling in some of the blanks. All that said, I'm no expert in such matters.

This would, of course, bottleneck refugees, and greatly slow down immigration, which has it's own downsides, but...

As someone else said earlier, a lot of these refugees are trying to escape the acts committed such as in the Brussels airport. As well as the increased rapes (including of children) that nefarious persons are carrying out. Importing the people doing these alongside legit refugees is largely defeating the purpose of providing refuge in the first place.

DarkJello likes this.
  17. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

Trans-Atlantic slave route was beyond terrible, but you really should compare it to the Trans-Saharan route for proper perspective. NOT defending either in the slightest.

http://atlantablackstar.com/2014/06...vement-of-black-people-not-taught-in-schools/

And here is another link, with most of the info copied and pasted in, for your knowledge and wisdom:

[​IMG]
    By: Henry Louis Gates Jr.
    Posted: Jan. 6 2014 12:56 AM

The most comprehensive analysis of shipping records over the course of the slave trade is the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, edited by professors David Eltis and David Richardson. (While the editors are careful to say that all of their figures are estimates, I believe that they are the best estimates that we have, the proverbial "gold standard" in the field of the study of the slave trade.) Between 1525 and 1866, in the entire history of the slave trade to the New World, according to the Trans-Atlantic Slave Trade Database, 12.5 million Africans were shipped to the New World. 10.7 million survived the dreaded Middle Passage, disembarking in North America, the Caribbean and South America.

And how many of these 10.7 million Africans were shipped directly to North America? Only about 388,000. That's right: a tiny percentage.

In fact, the overwhelming percentage of the African slaves were shipped directly to the Caribbean and South America; Brazil received 4.86 million Africans alone! Some scholars estimate that another 60,000 to 70,000 Africans ended up in the United States after touching down in the Caribbean first, so that would bring the total to approximately 450,000 Africans who arrived in the United States over the course of the slave trade.

Incredibly, most of the 42 million members of the African-American community descend from this tiny group of less than half a million Africans. And I, for one, find this amazing.

http://www.theroot.com/articles/history/2012/10/how_many_slaves_came_to_america_fact_vs_fiction.html

18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

the manner of slavery was completely different, people werent treated as less than animals, enslaved purely because of their race, and despised just because of their appearance, imo. the type of slavery that occured in africa and many other places in the world was more a result of warfare.(prisoners of war) imo. I could be wrong but I doubt it(otherwise white southerners would have constantly been bringing this up anytime slavery was mentioned for centuries and itd be something we learned about thoroughly in high school, especially in the south) When I have time I might do my own research to find out if there is any truth in what you linked.

The slavery that occured in the americas was different than the type of slavery that other cultures practiced prior. They werent taking prisoners of war and enslaving them, they went into foreign lands and enslaved people purely off of greed and irrational/illogical hatred and treated them as if they were monsters and continued this practice for hundreds of years while claiming to be christians. They tried to enslave the native americans as well but ended up killing off too many of them so replaced them with africans who were better able to survive the labor and diseases that resulted from this form of slavery.

19. negatorxx

negatorxx I need me some PIE!

do tell, what was the latest southern form of racism you have suffered?

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

white people driving by shouting out the n word, the police searching me for no reason as a 14 year old in high school, teachers being suspicious of me when i ask to go to the bathroom and then another teacher referring to me as "one of the good ones" and allowing me to go... alot of other unwarranted issues with law enforcement.

etc, etc, etc.

This type of stuff doesnt happen nearly as much in california,(even tho the criminal justice system alot of places in california is almot just as racist) at least in the areas I spent most of my time in.(even tho there is quite a bit of more indirect racism depending on who your dealing with) Ive seen more race issues and racist police in texas than in anywhere else ive been to in the united states. Its probably worse in states like south carolina and Mississippi but im not really interested in going to find out. The police in texas operate almost like an occupying millitary force when dealing with minorities and are extremely suspicious of them even in cities that are considered "liberal".

Geressen likes this.