Discussion: Spirits Beyond Patch Notes

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Mar 29, 2016.

1. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Yep, if I removed all modifiers completely, you'd have 95 nora Drakons and be even more annoyed.

2. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

I thought you said a 1x1 Drakon with no modifiers would be 95?

3. flador

flador The King of Potatoes

I'm just so happy for the new worm relic and construct equip. They look like so much fun!

soulmilk likes this.
  4. Sokolov

Yes. I consider the 2x2 discount a modifier.

5. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

It now has far better range (it was destroyed by most melee unit because of 3-4 range before), actually useful immunity (fire) and windstriker which is certainly much better than mystic push. I don't know man, these changes are not as bad as you make them seem.

6. gopuu420

gopuu420 Well-Known Member

sever summon ability gone .now no champ has sever summon ability in fw,st?

7. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

@Sokolov WHY have you brought back the 7 space font on tundra lake. that is literally the most broken god damn map in pox history and ya brought it back. get rid of it.

Also can we make spirits within create a DMZ around the target unit for the same duration as the riftlord ability.

8. Sokolov

Shattered Summoned has replaced Sever Summoned.

9. Sokolov

It was not intended. This map was supposed to have been destroyed. The map that was supposed to be turned on for this rotation was the revised Tundra Lake.

10. themacca

Oh well now i feel bad for flipping my Bane Shift in the video im uploading at the moment :( haha

11. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

@Sokolov the reason everybody hates summons is because they require very little skill and can take over a game. It takes no mastery of the game to poop out extra champs and then have better board presence, more ap, maneuverability, etc. Summon spam decks have probably been one of the most hated decks in pox, just since theyve been around for a long time. SP never really got sever summons, so, to me, summon spam is one of the most skilless and obnoxious mechanics in the game. I understand that the total hard counter of sever summons probably isnt a good idea for pox and Im fine with it going away I guess. And I know that summons have generally been weakened and some themes crutch on them. But, in my opinion, summons are very much a cheap and brainless tactic most of the time. I can go on and on if you actually want to start a conversation about it. Im fine having that conversation be public too. Ill talk until people piss me off enough that I no longer want to bother

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

What are the top 5 summoned champs?

Ballballer likes this.
  13. Ballballer

Thats a good question, but hard to answer. Obviously the furballs are great, but the momma costs a good amount and the babies take time. Myx drones are also great. Bats are good, trees are good, skellys are good, zombies are good, the dragons from that portal are good (underplayed though), etc.

Edit: and to clarify, im okay with summons as a general concept i guess. Its just they seem to be able to be abused easily. Think back a little bit when meta Kf could pump out summons super easily with den mother, vashal ranger, etc. Pets get a ton of hate, but ST could do the same thing with furball mothers+azaren+cheap meat. Free champs tend to snowball easily because of the multiples of positioning, dmg, ap, etc they bring (and we can argue about what "free" means if people really want to, but I think you get the point).

14. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

I always thought dragon homunculus from valdac/portal were garbage. Also never seen them used. What changed?

15. themacca

Flying condition still needs to be adjusted to no longer say anything about ignoring lumbering effects

16. Ballballer

Nothing really, it just pumps out a ton of hp, ap, and dmg for 30 nora. The dragons themselves arent an issue, but in a summon deck they can just help keep up pressure. @Sealer0

Sealer0 likes this.
  17. Alakhami

Alakhami I need me some PIE!

They're rubbish

18. soulmilk

soulmilk I need me some PIE!

I like the expansion and patches a lot.
    Unfortunately I won't be able to spend money until my payday. (The 12th)
    I am excited to try out SP/ST Elementals.

19. Ballballer

CAN WE JUST FOCUS ON THE MAIN POINT K THANKS

20. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

i noticed that they nerfed a bunch of ranged units range, dot, and damage. This is a good thing but the only problem is that they missed nearly half the ranged units in the game. If your gonna do something like this you need to hit everything your targeting at the same time or else your just gonna have some major balance issues. Also the changes need to be calculated not just random nerfs/stat reductions to range units. I see that some of the weaker ranged units were nerfed while some of the stronger ones werent really touched. Lessening the strength of range is a move in the right direction tho.