Anyone made a thread on Drak Shifter yet?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by chris0024, Apr 25, 2016.

1. chris0024

chris0024 I need me some PIE!

This thing is a little ridiculous. Amazing stats in it's pitspawn form and leech vitality is also healing it as if it were life siphon.
    Almost every single SL bg runs them and all they do is literally run them up into your champs. NO strategy or tactics. Simply place it right in there and smash as if it were a UD champ.
    Am I the only one that thinks they are out of line?

Atherhog and Kampel like this.
  2. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

SL bonus with UD dmg. Add to that a psychic immunity and magic/physical resistance. It is also a draksar so it receives all the bonus from defender/sermon/battlemaster. Leech vitality is icing on the shtcake. Needs to lose leech vitality and immune psychic. WTF is this.... lol.

3. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

I've had problems against it in 6+ games, leech +99999dmg being my major difficulty to deal with

Eddited for typo, meant leechv

Last edited: Apr 26, 2016
  4. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I think the issue is Leech Vitality. I don't think Psychic Immunity is a problem, except because FS has a Psychic "theme".

5. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Agree with Leech Vitality, but the Psychic Immunity thing makes no sense. If I can to fight against Molten Cloak with my Frost BG then I'm sure FS can deal with a Psychic Immune. Counters are part of the game, every faction is bound to face something hard to beat(except FW).

Alakhami likes this.
  6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Damn, the day has come

#believing since '08

redChapel, Pattn199 and Alakhami like this.
  7. Ralphen

Ralphen I need me some PIE!

"Bloodletter is stronger that Pit Dragon" (TM)

:rolleyes:

Seriously, the true Pit Dragon is crying in a corner... please, give that stuff to it too...o_O

Valkyr and BurnPyro like this.
  8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

My only problem with it is, when it transforms it keeps the damage bonuses and immunities ? Didn't we see a similar thing with elf druids not long ago and then we make a bigger and better version, typical pox devs.

It's the same problems but a different rune, still we haven't learned.

9. Willow

Willow I need me some PIE!

wtf drak shifter aint the problem the problem is you mfkrs not wanting to run counters. a metamorphed shifter cant do jack Bane Shift

10. Willow

metamorph it
    hex it
    confuse it
    stall it
    hell i think even dispelling it reverts it to its original form

11. Willow

this aint 2006 theres other abilities now other than attack physical and block/dodge Firking use em

12. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

uh, it keeps damage from fury thats it

13. chris0024

Correct me if i'm wrong but leech vitality only works on max hp correct?
    It should not be healing right?

14. Sirius

Sirius I need me some PIE!

I actually kind of agree with this. What I personally would like to see is Shifter with 3 forms: original, Pit Dragon and Fire Dragon; a different immunity/set of immunities for each form, along with 1 different damage type per form and 1 special ability.

So for example, the fire dragon form could have Attack: Fire, Immunity Fire and Flamestrike. Pit Dragon form could get its dmg and hp increase lowered and get something like Pounce 1. And original form could have Immunity Psychic, Attack: Psychic and Heal Self or something (so you retreat and go into original form to restore, giving you an actual reason to use that form).

As it is, you never use original form, it's just a drawback that you have to spend initial AP on changing forms. And Pit Dragon is way better than the other forms, you only go into fire dragon form against Fire bgs and for the occasional Flamestrike (if you're willing to spend the AP on changing form just for that).

TL;DR: so yeah, give different attacks, resistances/immunities and a special ability to each form and bring them more in line with each other.

15. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Do you not remember the whole Angel debacle a short time ago? When MAX HP increases it also heals that much. Sokolov said this was WAI. He used war banners as the example.

16. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It should be healing. Gaining max HP = heal.

17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Well, not exactly healing, but any increase to max HP comes with a proportional increase to current HP.

Leadrz and Cinder405 like this.
  18. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

its overpowered but draksar are still terrible so its not a major issue. no idea why it has psychic immunity.

the only decks that run it are draksar mixed and dragons, dragons is the only deck out of the 3 that doesnt suck.

also vitality creation> leech vitality. leech vitality is overcosted and it sems multi attack is now too.

19. Cinder405

Cinder405 I need me some PIE!

This right here.

Initial HP 40
    Champ takes 10 DMG

Remaining HP 30 Max HP is still 40

User casts magnify beast (grants +45 max HP)

Champ now has 75 HP with a Max HP cap of 85HP

Leech vitality works the same way as the spell it grants the extra cap of HP while giving champion the extra HP points

20. chris0024

i was always under the impression that it only affected max and not it's current hp. You would have to heal through a different source. So leech vitality is siphoning as well? smh o_O

OriginalG1 likes this.