Frost Amp

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by xxLordQxx, May 27, 2016.

1. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

Frost decks have been op for a long long looooong time now

super71 likes this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

I have to disagree man, naria add little to the blood/ vamp theme at all. Also the only synergy they add to the bleed theme is the bleed ability and blood magic, the newest expansion was an easy cop out to spend less money and produce less content and not many people fell for it, or at least I hope they didn't.

3. super71

Grip of the icelord
    frostvine snare
    snow shroud
    elemental burst
    catalyst: frost
    absolute zero
    orb of frostfall- Not to sure about this one, I know it was on a relic but I don't believe it was on a champ before.
    Frost mallet

That's quite a few unique abilities st got in the last couple expansions, and that's only within the frost/snow theme and I probably missed some.

4. Axeraiser

Axeraiser I need me some PIE!

Amp in general is a Firking horrible design. It's designed to be broken.

Atherhog and davre like this.
  5. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

I'm not sure why you think the spirits beyond expansion was a cop-out with less content. Look at the rune checklist- both spirits beyond and visions of amareth have the same number of runes.

6. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Ok as the only person here who has made fire amp work with the surrent meta I will tell you where you are going wrong. You have to split with SL for Dragon Skull, which pays for itself pretty quickly with the damage ur champs are doing. Dont believe me this works? 21 damage fire storm ftw! 20 damage Rip Demon is loltastic.

Last edited: May 27, 2016
    Gnomes likes this.
  7. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

In UD each Naria has different roles. They're almost all good champions on their own, but as far as Blood theme goes only Mindtap is a solid pick, although Queen can be decent with Commander in a Vampyre BG, but that would require some deeper consideration since she's just a Vampyre, not a demon; Flamewillow is obviously supposed to be in Fire BGs; Ragevine doesn't really synergize with anything specific, she's just a solid melee; Seedling is specific to Naria so I guess it doesn't matter which faction you use it in, as long as it has Naria; and Strangler is just insanely good, that's her flavor I guess.

They're actually pretty versatile if you consider that not many champions can be in more than one theme.

Gnomes, Vorian and Qucas like this.
  8. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

So I don't understand your complaining.

Are you saying that Frost Amp is too strong and should be nerfed or are you crying that Fire Amp is Bane Shift compared to Frost Amp?

9. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

I've felt that Frost Amp decks have been too strong for a while now, you just have to throw two or three units down and you are good to go. The synergy is just stupidly easy to put together.

10. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

I think he is complaining Fire AMP is bad, which it isn't if you split with SL.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Frost amp is a viable tier1 deck. If it's giving you trouble, consider changing your deck to better compete with frost amp, or modifying your strategic approach.

12. super71

Ehh probably because the majority of the runes have no synergy with the other faction they are supposed to be in. None of the arroyo have any synergy with sp, none of the naria have any synergy with ud other than some bleed thrown in there. Look at the last expansion and tell me the synergy and runes weren't 10x better, this expansion seemed rushed.

13. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Seemed rubish? It was rubish...want me to tell you how well this last exp was taken? Look at the number of players online. Nobody...

super71 likes this.
  14. potatonuts

potatonuts I need me some PIE!

It's not that the expansions are bad it's just that they aren't enough to give the game that significant boost it has needed for so long.

Every expansion since and including Ronin has been like CPR when the game really needs a heart transplant.

Bondman007 likes this.
  15. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

Kanen. Tortun leos stiched. All did not have synergy with one of their factions when they first came out. I think of these champs like hybrid malgarin champs that are extremly clever and well thought out. They are not only their own theme/race with their own cool abilities. But are ALSO not bad picks for themes that are already in the game! We got a champ that could be fire theme(old) or a naria with its own cool quirks as a theme. (Naria. New) and so on.

16. Gnomes

Gnomes Forum Royalty

This is more atributed to overwach comming out i think.

Lushiris likes this.
  17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Sure

18. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

Yes. Exactly this.

19. xxLordQxx

xxLordQxx I need me some PIE!

I am listening....please do tell me how. Wait I can use that one equip that grants immunity frost.....oh wait...nope that was nerfed.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

As opposed to looking for hard counters, consider where amp is powerful: mid/high resource environments, aoe options against numerous foes, high raw durability. Your raw conversion rate on champions ( damage done over unit durability ) is probably slightly worse, so don't expect to win a one to one grind unless you are a straight up better player. Instead, focus on establishing and controlling space, and then make aggressive hops for fonts. You will need to be up on a per-turn basis for nora. Therefore, consider removing runes which only function in grinding scenarios, and avoid playing runes like Sac for raw value unless it fuels a forward push.