Desert Owl is working with Sony on an undisclosed project, a “PoxNora” spinoff

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Gnomes, Jun 5, 2016.

1. skarpox

skarpox The King of Potatoes

People, pay attention to the signs. Pox 2.0 is inevitable. DOG just needs time and money to put things in place. Keep playing. Have fun. Spend your money. Pox 2.0 will come.

2. TeaScholar

TeaScholar Better-Known Member

I can relate to this

3. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

pay for it and they will build it.

no wait that's not how that line goes is it?

4. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Sony and SOE are different entities. Sony makes the PS4. SOE is a company that was owned by Sony.

5. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Sony owned soe, they are now different entities after Sony sold them because they weren't raking in the cash. Soe is who ran pox before, and is now daybreak games which has produced some terrible games.

If Sony is working with the Owls that's even worse as before when soe ran the show they were all about numbers and producing more and more cash for low and behold SONY. Either way working with either company or anything involving Sony will turn out the same way, more expansions for more cash then pox being shut down again.

Might as well get in bed with the devil.

6. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

I have my own criticisms having worked for SOE, but you seem to have very little clue about how this works or what SOE did or did not do.

Also, Sony is not SOE, as has been stated. And yes, Sony owned SOE, but SOE was fairly autonomous and over its lifetime made a ton of money for Sony. SOE was in the red for a long time before Sony gave up on it - and they never did try and change management. Only when SOE was sold was Smed finally ousted.

JellyBerry and Ohmin like this.
  7. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

looking for poxnora 2 with new alien and robot races.

8. mw24

mw24 I need me some PIE!

a fw player, wtf?!?! this game still has those? o_O

9. prymusedek

prymusedek I need me some PIE!

oi mate ! Don't like it ? Then GTFO xd

Leadrz, themacca and Pattn199 like this.
  10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Arthur Griffith is @Gedden
    James McClellan is @Senshu
    I didn't catch any others.

newsbuff likes this.
  11. Bondman007

Bondman007 I need me some PIE!

Just glad someone (be it @Gnomes or Sokolov or whomever) got some upcoming future plans talk rolling with some details. The lack of details, I believe, was driving us nuts. I mean, we are still trying to find fire in the smoke but its good to know some actual details (be they vague or little) for a change.

12. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

As a fan of the game (one of my favorites of that era), I very much appreciate your current avatar.

Anyway, @DOG and @SONY: Good luck with your new project. I hope it goes well for you all.

13. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

When pox 2 does finally dawn, as it's been mentioned please give pox 1 players some rewards :p

14. Sokolov

I know how frustrating it is as a player not to get information, and I try and say as much as I am allowed to, typically.

15. Ragic

Ragic I need me some PIE!

of course there is always the chance some new player will show up spreading around wild guesses. who knows. sometimes guesses are right....

16. IMAGIRL

IMAGIRL Forum Royalty

Derek Chin is @Sokolov
    The Righteous Almighty Benevolent Overlord is @Liquin_3rd AKA Rabo the Blood Owl.

Leadrz likes this.
  17. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

You know how the Huntsman game says "Different languages coming soon"? If they don't offer me a position to translate it to German I'll be moderately miffed.

18. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

I'm hoping the pox spinoff is some kinda RPG esq thingamabob

19. Phynixe

Phynixe I need me some PIE!

Per say there is a Pox 2, which in your quote, it may be assumed you're confirming this assumption, but anyways, I'd like to pose a few questions;
    1. Will our runes be transferred to Pox 2.0?
    2. Is Pox 2.0 a completely recoded Poxnora, a different game, or an update on Poxnora itself?
    3. In question 2, the first and last parts are the same thing. Gotcha.
    4. Could you spare some vague or specific details on how Poxnora 2.0 would differ from the current Poxnora?
    5. What exactly are you planning on improving in Poxnora 2.0 that Poxnora currently has/doesn't have?
    6. How do you think this will affect the current player base? Are you hoping it'll increase it, or hoping to satisfy the current player base?
    7. Referring back to question 2, what will happen to the current Poxnora once Poxnora 2.0 has been developed?
    8. Will Poxnora 2.0 maintain all its unique aspects of the TCG/Strategy/Tabletop combination?

20. Sokolov

Most of that can be realistically answered right now with certainty, so not really useful in speculation, but I will answer what I can.

1. Unlikely, both for business reasons and also because it's unlikely there will be a reasonable 1:1 translation either in content or in design (for example, there may not even be the same rune types).
    2. It would be brand new, when it happens.
    8. It would seem silly to call it Pox 2 if it didn't follow the same kind of gameplay.