Counter to Soul Corruption and Sabotage Defile

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by concealedweapon, Sep 15, 2016.

1. concealedweapon

concealedweapon I need me some PIE!

Because the Possessed condition from Soul Corruption can be cleansed, causing it to be a waste of 55 nora, a lot of players will use Sabotage Defile to stop it from being cleansed. But there's a situation in which Sabotage Defile can backfire.

Immediately after Sabotage Defile is activated, deploy a Drunkard. If your opponent uses Soul Corruption on it, use Keg Toss, On The House, or some other way to get it Intoxicated when the Corrupted Soul turn counter is at 2 turns left. Sabotage Defile will backfire because it stops your opponent from cleansing the Intoxicated condition, guaranteeing that the champion will have Iron Will when the Soul Corruption effect triggers.

You can also use a brew, but it can be disarmed.

2. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

or just dont deploy something that will hurt too much to get possessed.

3. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

Magic Amp would like to have a word with you. (only 1 deploy that won't hurt out of the entire BG)

4. themacca

elven mage has iron will base no?

5. Etherielin

He doesn't. You give amplify magic up for that and that cuts you down to 6 amp champs, which is too little.

6. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

Just Rite of Healing it.

7. Etherielin

Not found.

8. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

It's a lame spell and the text makes it overly complicated to be honest. It's just another gimmicky fw spell for fw players to crutch on, while pretending to be as good as everyone else.

Lushiris likes this.
  9. Compost

Compost I need me some PIE!

2x doom 2x soul corruption now anyone can be "decent"!

10. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

the logic used in this thread to justify soul corruption is rtrded. Just nerf the stupid spell already.

jeeperz2 and super71 like this.
  11. super71

Or just play fw in general and everyone can be decent.

12. themacca

why aren't you "decent" then?

13. super71

I don't play enough fw, figured that was self explanatory. What's your excuse, most fw mains have very high win % ?

14. IronStylus

IronStylus I need me some PIE!

I hope soul corruption will get changed soon, I actually have counters to it in my bg, but not every player has, and if they don't the spell is totally no fun to play against and it's too strong for the caster.

15. super71

You don't need a counter to everything man sok said so here

"You don't autolose every game someone deploys an equipment because you don't have Shatter - this attitude some people have that you need to counter every possible game in the game has always been false. Go look at the top decks and see that they focus on countering things that their deck is susceptible to, and find other ways to mitigate weaknesses. At the same time, many runes will serve as soft counters to a variety of stuff while having other utility - for example, Static Greeting and other things like that help you with Stealth without explicit need for Detection. Dispel is only necessary if you are concerned about stacked buffs - which not all decks care about - some will just outright remove it, others will go around such a champ or otherwise CC it/keep it occupied."

List of game changing equips

withering fern
    shimmering flower
    special prize
    cloak of skulls
    reaper's blade
    vendetta
    earthgod sigil
    star catalog
    any equips that are hard counters to amp bgs- darkmarsh blackstaff, idol of elements
    ball and chain
    demon shield
    protean chains
    arachnablade
    bloodthirsty blade on high damage champs
    forbidden fruit

Yeah no equips here that could cause problems no need for shatter at all
    http://forums.poxnora.com/index.php...-how-horribly-broken-banners-are.24533/page-3

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
  16. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Bro I want to appreciate everything anyone says with equal respect, but this list made it really hard.

Tweek516, Elves Rule and SPiEkY like this.
  17. super71

All those equips man are pretty strong in certain matchups, sure it's not the best list but I just gave a list of annoying equips that are hard to play around unless shattered. Which equips would you say aren't strong and why ?

18. ChiaoLung

ChiaoLung I need me some PIE!

You can appreciate what everyone has to say with equal respect. You don't have to give equal weight to their opinion to treat them with respect.

19. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Very superficially: Earthgod Sigil but no Medal of Valor; Ball and Chain but no Slaver's Whip; Star Catalog but no Tinder Box. Apparently you give a lot of value to equips that give lumbering and I guess they can be pretty strong, but in no way they're better than the few ones I've mentioned.

I used to think like that, until I met mw.

EDIT: I'm sure I was too rude to you @super71 , and for that I'm sorry. Altohugh what @ChiaoLung said has exceptions, it still is very valid.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2016
    Tweek516, ChiaoLung and Etherielin like this.
  20. super71

Medal of valor goes to the nearest friendly after you kill the opponents equipped champ, it also takes a couple procs for that thing to be a problem and it's in an entirely different category most of the equips I mentioned caused negative affects. No tinderbox because their are very few tanky fire champs, however with star catalog i've dropped elemental core in a mid font before and watched him tank solo for like 4 turns while pumping out damage against about 3 champs. I give value to equips that cause lumbering because, lumbering limits ap, limits maneuverability, it's death to ranged units that are engaged, seeing how ap and champ positioning are some of the most crucial aspects of pox i'd say they are pretty strong. Lumbering also limits font grabs, font contests, and wastes ap and unless the unit is engaged or a ranged unit it probably won't be attacking too often either.

I'm sure I could have listed a couple other's but I was just going by a couple I thought of off the top of my head I always found annoying.