Discussion: Winter Patch of 2016

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Senshu, Dec 15, 2016.

1. SireofSuns

SireofSuns I need me some PIE!

Seriously, FW barely cares about cleansing its champions.

Effect - "I have come to punish you, vile undead!"
    Zombie - "BLUAUAARGH!"
    Effect - "... Aren't you unhappy?"
    Zombie - 'dies smiling'

Etherielin likes this.
  2. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Eye for eye is a nightmare when u first deploy a xulous with statue. I don't like serkan, but he is really vulnerable to cc.

3. DiCEM0nEY

I feel like FW deserve a spot cleanse more than other wrath factions, simply because their bonus requires them to counter what is thrown at them. They need to have very versatile decks, theoretically.

4. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Uhhh FW is probably the faction that needs spot cleanse the least

5. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

It doesnt and they dont. FW dictates play style more than any other faction in game

Etherielin and TeaNinja like this.
  6. DiCEM0nEY

They only dictate the pace of the game because you are thinking about how to counter their counter. A faction with a bonus that does not come into play until things DIE does not set the pace of the game, from a base (design wise as well) level, is my point.

You could say "but graveyards" or whatever, but that's just a specific rune which requires set up, which isn't exclusive to FW.

7. themacca

The runes dictate the pace not the bonus. The bonus accommodates the pace. Things Like haunting spirit wandering zombie broken bones set the pace for FW. There's plenty of runes like them too so if you don't include any than that's obviously a conscious effort you've made because they're difficult to avoid.

SPiEkY likes this.
  8. DiCEM0nEY

Which is why it is good from a design perspective they have it. It fits with their theme. It is marginally better than repurpose for certain runes in certain decks. FW can't afford to have an expensive rune to be completely destroyed early by a single spell they wouldn't be able to recover due to having less stats than other clans. Eye for eye is the first example I think of.

9. themacca

If that happens it's your own fault.i can't even remember how long its been since my serk was hit by a hammer strike

10. DiCEM0nEY

You are speaking from a balance perspective as a player, I'm speaking to as a game designer perspective. It thematically makes sense for them to have cleanse because all factors being equal, their bonus and font bonus do NOT set the pace of a game.

Wandering zombie was a balance problem, which is why it was nerfed. Same with broken bones. But in theory, and in practice, FW likes to go second.

If I had a clan with no bonus, but had a rune that dealt 9001 damage on deploy for 1 Nora, then of course that would set the pace of the game.

11. DiCEM0nEY

Again, I'm talking about design and future design, not balance. Honestly a cleanse isn't going to save a serk unless he has buffed hp from DA.

But, that doesn't change the fact that FW shouldn't be allowed a tool to defend against debuffs. My argument is that they should be allowed, because it fits their theme well, and makes them feel unique when compared to other clans.

12. sheik13

sheik13 The King of Potatoes

Nvm, now warguard does not work :(

13. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

And I think it doesn't make sense for them to have Cleanse because they are god-dang undead and why on earth would they ever try to heal their crumbling masses when they can just make more? Support abilities are a no-go with the let-it-all-die mentality of the non-SL wrath.

SPiEkY and Lushiris like this.
  14. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

Are we expecting a follow-up patch to this anytime soon?

15. calisk

calisk I need me some PIE!

Yep in 6.5 months

Bondman007 likes this.
  16. DiCEM0nEY

I agree, but soul reader is half IS. Unwanted consequence of using the item u could say for the lore explanation. Gameplay wise u really don't want expensive units dying when they have no gameplay mechanic which gives a benefit to fielding them.

17. DiCEM0nEY

Also, UD doesn't want their units to die either. Only SP and FW bonuses benefit from that, but SP also gets a bonus from fielding as well.

18. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

I'm talking aesthetics, not pure mechanics. Demons don't give a damn about each other, or even themselves.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

The skyrim daedric princes are a cool interpretation of demons. I don't think all demons should be suicidal, even from that perspective. But the demons you speak of should definetly exist. I also think Imps are well made themeatically.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

This ain't Skyrim, though. Demons are not cross-world interchangeable -- what we call a "demon" is built out of these multiple examples, but no particular interpretation needs to be beholden to any other.

SPiEkY likes this.