So this seven muslim countries travel ban

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by BurnPyro, Feb 1, 2017.

1. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

Run is too flattering but influence is not :) Got people in charge of spending over 70 million in election 4 years ago and not even sure how much in the last one but I will find out. Also some with oversight of very very dangerous stuff, small world really.

2. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

1 im saying you dont really care
    2 no

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

1. Are you projecting your inability to care about people who's lives have just been turned upside down? Because, let's face it, it's not that hard to care if you hear about someone who risked their life for years helping the US in Iraq and now left everything behind only to be stopped at the gate, or someone who has a student card being shut out with her dog and appartement left unchecked. It doesn't strike me as particularly strange to feel bad for these people.
    2. So if the Obama travel ban and the Trump travel ban are two different things, why is it strange to be outraged by one and not the other? (especially if one is far more reaching, with less concrete evidence, than the other?)

Geressen likes this.
  4. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

1 no
    2 its not strange at all to me. it just shows me its not sincere. when its the left doing something even more drastic not a peep out of these forum leftys. when its opposite party on something less drastic its end of the world!!!

Last edited: Feb 2, 2017
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I was in a train, what did I miss? just ssez lying and projecting his own inhumanity and lack of compassion?

6. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

How is a 90 day ban on everyone from seven countries less drastic than a slowdown on processing visas from Iraq for 6 months? Even if you want to claim that it was a complete ban on Iraqi people for 6 months, that's one country for 6 months, the equivalent of two countries for 90 days.

The [2011 Iraqi "ban"] applied to citizens of a single country (Iraq) and then only to refugees and applicants for Special Immigrant Visas (SIVs), created by Congress to help Iraqis (and later Afghans) who supported the United States in those conflicts. The Trump executive order, on the other hand, applies to seven countries with total population more than 130 million, and to virtually every category of immigrant other than diplomats, including tourists and business travelers.

BurnPyro likes this.
  7. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

ohhs nooo! im lying, inhumane and lack compassion now, whatsoever shall i do?

I am just shaken at my core with such an astute observation.

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

more lies. proof that you are a liar.

9. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

When presented with facts, they crumble.

Welcome to the right wing forums, enjoy your stay.

10. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

I'm new to this thread, and I was curious what the main issues were.

Geressen likes this.
  11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Mostly people with different viewpoints who despise the people with conflicting viewpoints. Everyone is more or less committed to discussing just how wrong they think the other is, without making much progress.

It's more of a hobby, really.

12. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

since if i am not wrong we havent interacted much and i dont recall you being an obvious troll so i will try to explain.

some things are vastly diff, pull out of iraq, rise of isis fall of syria etc etc so the world itself has changed since then just to touch on a few.

now i never directly compared obamas "ban" to trumps (even though that is included),you can check the links i posted to which I was comparing.

now how is it more sever. a bipartisan congress approved 25k translators/some others to get out of iraq/afghanistan. so those were peeps in real danger of getting their heads chopped off, i dont compare someone not being able to come to US for business as even close to being in same league. keeping your head>business trip or vacation.

so obama and executive branch was cleared to bring over 25000 in 5 years, obama chose to bring just 5000. That is a complete Firk over to them and actually hurts US when trying to get future peeps to help. That is on top of the usual immigration etc issues faced by "normal" iraqis etc.

people were waiting 4+ years to get in while us troops were still in iraq and executive branch didnt act when it was all in their power. 20000 more peeps in very high risk situations could have been brought over and the left didnt say Bane Shift then..a 90 day hold on business travel etc and they all omg trump is murdering people.

the typical forums posters like sok burn gerben booz didnt post crap about that cause it wasnt "their" team, but now all of a sudden they are full of "compassion" more like Bane Shift to me.

for more info read links i posted. I personally dont have a problem with a temporary hold on 7 countries that are almost all wayyyy different than 2011. the hyperbole of the left right now on issues like this is exactly why the right won last election. Cry wolf all the time and no one believes you.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

I have a team now?

Sweet. I look great in leather btw, I'm just saying in case we get like outfits 'n stuff. Denim is my thing, too.

Also I have in recent threads critized Obama for his horrible policies, foreign policy amongst them. I hereby dispell your accusation of bias. Thanks.

14. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

tell us more.

15. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

people are still butthurt over the war on lizards lol

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Lord, don't tell me you're one of them.

17. poxrooster

poxrooster The Pox Chameleon

Tell you more about what?

18. ssez

ssez I need me some PIE!

you and gerb will have plenty of time to dress in leather together and i fully support your life style choice!

19. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Wait, I thought the 7 countries chosen was because of their lack of a stable government and, thus, our inability to properly vet the people from there, as there's little to no way of actually verifying anything.

Or did I hear wrong?

ssez likes this.
  20. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

My intention was not to troll, I actually wanted to see your reasoning. Thank you for explaining it to me.

I agree with you on some parts. Failing to follow through with helping people that had been helping the US, such as the translators, was a huge failure in policy. I agree with what you said about that being worse than blocking some businessmen. Where we disagree is that I believe the wholesale blocking of entire countries without imminent anger is worse than the 20000.

ssez likes this.