Nerf bile zombie

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DiCEM0nEY, Feb 16, 2017.

1. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

It's important to note that BZ per se doesn't matter all that much to worms, it's the macro-strategic role that matters much more: leveraging increased SDZ into material resource gain beyond pseudo-Initiative.

Still thinking about that question, will get back once done.

2. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

The issue then is with worms, making a change to bile zombie doesnt really make sense. If you nerf bile zombie you will inevitably end up having another card fill its role in worms and suddenly every fw card that isn't a worm is nerfed. If bile zombie is only an issue in worms, the issue is with worms, or more specifically necrosis

3. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

Isn't that more or less what I just said?

4. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Yeah, when I read this you basically would be switching out bile zombie and adding in Poluted Martyr.

What is the intent of modifying Necrosis/Worm Lord and are they really proving a problem?
    Seems more like "I don't like playing against: X so remove it" mentality.

themacca likes this.
  5. yobanchi

yobanchi I need me some PIE!

Compared to the past I believe the current iteration is actually pretty decent.

I remember in the beginning there was +2/-1 SDZ on deploy/destroy if deployed at the shrine with an additional clause of losing DMZ on non-mutant deploys. That proved too much though because it essentially made worms too rush oriented. There was also the clause that the units had font aversion so it made them un-splashable.

6. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

What I got out of this is "worms don't need to be changed and bile zombie does"

7. Hierokliff

Hierokliff I need me some PIE!

SDZ should maybe have a max of 7 like iniative has a max, so its a global iniativ for that theme? would like to see more limits on buffs, and this come from a player that abuses battle leader/medal of valor .-) Fun reading this thread, history/nostalgi.
    BZ could lose 'damage ignore defense' though like alot of other abilities could imo.

8. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

maybe let's see how worms do without the Putrid Creeper nora globes ability( the combo with Chattering Maw and/or graveyard is pretty strong atm)

9. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Creeping Harvest is neat and useful, but not at all essential to worms, or even, arguably, the best build on Putrid.

10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

Putrid creeper is overpowered, and bile zombie is ********, and probably op as well.

rework the FW bonus to be a nerfed version of darkweave, it would solve all of their design problems.

11. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Could you please elaborate on your positions and help explain them for everyone else?

12. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

I also recall a time where necro hex was giving necrosis. You could basically just cast it on a unit like say serkan. and something like FW meta could end up grabbing a full SDZ growth as well. It was significantly more of a problem than worms are now and now i think a large number of complaints about the theme come from people who don't actually understand how to play it

13. DiCEM0nEY

Bile zombies have nearly no counter play. Just ******** overall, and the bonus only compliments it. There are certain things I don't know how to play against, such as chop blocks, but bile zombies are just stupid. Same as battle leader.

Putrid Creeper is too efficient. Not that im obligated to explain things further, but OP= too efficient, ********= bad design, and possibly too efficient but hard to tell because its so ******** to begin with.

14. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

To be clear, you are absolutely correct about this: you have no obligation to explain things further, or even to be on these forums. But, if you want to convince anyone, devs included, and be taken seriously as a member of these forums, then I would heartily recommend that you start explaining, explaining well, and doing so with fewer star-laden, word-sparse posts. I want to listen to what you have to say, but that's really hard if you don't elaborate on what it is you're saying -- we have nothing to work with!

15. DiCEM0nEY

Most people are too common to understand my brilliance anyways. The ones that do understand me are smart enough to say even less than me.

16. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

Note that bile zombie does actually have 2 very strong counter plays in deafening aura and blockade

Netherzen and Woffleet like this.
  17. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

In that case, please review the CoC (https://www.poxnora.com/info/codeofconduct.do) and note that your future posts may be removed for trolling, insulting, or being generally substance-less. There is no expectation on the amount or depth of content that a player will post, but obviously baiting discussions that one is not willing to have is considered a violation of the CoC, specifically points 2 and 4. This is a space intended to be kept open and for the better of players, but it is not without rules.

Etherielin, Tweek516 and voodoov like this.
  18. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Git

Gud

Etherielin, Tweek516 and DiCEM0nEY like this.
  19. DiCEM0nEY

Lmao what are you even talking about? You know ur own Mod @themacca just said "no" in like 4 of my constructive threads right? I just think you guys get off at having power over other people cause you have no friends irl tbh.

20. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Macca is, fortunately, not a mod. If you have any particular behavior you think warrants review, then please, send it along to me or another moderator. As macca and other individuals can attest, mods are more than happy to strike posts from any party. From here on out, bring concerns about moderation up through private messages -- this is getting off topic.