Over efficient champ?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by limone1981, Feb 16, 2017.

1. davre

davre The Benevolent Technofascist

I am pretty sure gift: X can be dispelled as well, so it's hard to justify the full price when it can be permanently removed.

Lushiris likes this.
  2. Sokolov

Sokolov The One True Cactuar Octopi

This is correct.

3. edmek55555

edmek55555 Devotee of the Blood Owl

I feel rip demon is much like bile zombie. It can only really hurt you if you let it hurt you

4. limone1981

limone1981 I need me some PIE!

dispellable?? didn't know that

also @Sokolov right now rip demon is a lot around, fire bg, good stuff bg and even a cheap ud stuff (when you can run him, pincushion, hosarious,fireslinger,culler and doomieball all under 75 nora you start having cheap ud stuff)

5. Sokolov

I didn't say he wasn't played. I said I haven't seen him pwning faces.

6. Sokolov

They are pretty different. Rip Demon you can see on the board, while in the Worms' builds the Bile Zombie functions as an efficient spell.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  7. NevrGonaGivUup

NevrGonaGivUup I need me some PIE!

Rip demon is an UD champ that does what UD champs are supposed to do- have high melee damage and smash face.

Ally is the only problem with it, because it's such an efficient stat boost while also granting tempo with the global 1 ap.

It's the kind of champ that you deploy 3rd or 4th to secure the win after getting an early lead.

davre and Tweek516 like this.
  8. Tweek516

Tweek516 I need me some PIE!

Once ally is gone from rip it'll be fine.

9. Ballballer

Ballballer Chief Antagonist

DiCEM0nEY likes this.
  10. DiCEM0nEY

DiCEM0nEY I need me some PIE!

You don't play alot from what I saw TBH. They definitely are extremely strong. They pwn face.

11. Sokolov

PSA: Telling me I don't play enough isn't an effective way to convince me of something. Also, if you want me to pay attention to your concerns, please make actual arguments instead of simply claiming things "strong/op/powerful." This doesn't mean that you aren't right, but it's simply not a real argument.

(In either case, Ally: X is being removed from Arctic Turtle and Rip Demon next patch already even before this thread was made, so that should be more than enough for Rip Demon, I suspect.)

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  12. limone1981

I'm just curious to know the history of the rip demon, I don't recall him being so cheap ,or maybe i get confused with the rip demon alpha, same sprite different counter attack.

http://www.poxpulse.com/rune/id/544 I remember this for example

13. Sokolov

From what I can tell, he was basically one of those champs that, pre-revamp, was actually overcosted and not undercosted like most things from that era.

Unequippable does shave off 5 on him, so he'd be 71 base if he didn't have that.

Also, keep in mind Ally was stronger back then, because Loyalty itself was stronger.

14. limone1981

on the pwning faces thing, as @NevrGonaGivUup stated, yes rip demon is a classical UD champion, does what he has to do, but I do not agree as a 3rd or 4th deploy champ, he is a really good font contester in 1 vs1 melee scenario if you go second as 1st deploy. Also it kinda make you laugh histerically when you look at your 80 nora champ with 14 dmg with A Battlemaster and a commander unit close by and than you look at the rip with 17 for that price! by himself!lol

let's hope in the removing of Ally from it.

15. Sokolov

I mean, if your focus is on the DMG stat, tons of things in UD looks overefficient. But every faction has a faction bonus and other benefits as well.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. limone1981

well he has 2 def and 46 hp too...if I have to consider the Sp cheap and very efficient beater: Voil Stormflyer and compare to it, the rip will still win (and the rip cost 6 or 7 nora less). And probably i'm wrong but there is no other champion in the entire game with that dmg output at 60 nora.

Also, no I do not consider only the raw dmg output for a champion to consider it too efficient, my first post was about the Pilgrim for the gift ability that you clarified.

17. Sokolov

Keep in mind his base stats are:

DMG 11
    SPD 6
    RNG 1-1
    DEF 2
    HP 46

This is fairly run of the mill and costs ~48 nora in the formula. Any champion in the game with this stat line will also have that base cost before abilities.

It's true he gets pretty high DMG after you factor in the bonus and Ally - but aside from those things and Unequippable he doesn't have anything particularly to make him more efficient.

It's possible we could make an argument Unequippable is not worth -5 on him, but let's see how he feels without Ally first.

limone1981 likes this.
  18. Etherielin

Etherielin The Floof Cultist

I definitely do not want to see an equippable Rip Demon.

SPiEkY likes this.
  19. themacca

themacca Master of Challenges

i'll 100% pass on an arrow eating rip demon

SPiEkY and Dolcebrodude like this.
  20. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

Weenies.

GoldTiger likes this.