I felt a swelling of Dutch/European pride listening to Geert Wilder's Speech to Turkey

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by newsbuff, Mar 12, 2017.

1. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

not all germans
    @Boozha Im sure is not to blame.

2. Ohmin

Ohmin Forum Royalty

But it wasn't a good joke.

Etherielin, Geressen and MEATMAN like this.
  3. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

nobody ever said it was a good joke

4. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

also who are you the joke police? im going to nuke you next

SPiEkY likes this.
  5. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

bit late but :

... No deal ...

6. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

Funny when most liberals promote love and acceptance, yet constantly insult people for different opinions and are the least accepting of any political group, sad.

newsbuff likes this.
  7. Runegod

Runegod I need me some PIE!

You guys all sit and argue and yet none of us truly know anything about politics or what goes on behind the scenes.

Let's all pretend to be intellectually superior to one another though, while providing no facts or statements or anything to back up what we say ever.

Your all a bunch of liberal Firk boys in my opinion, as real men wouldn't let their governments trample every single right we have while taking our money, our jobs, and our homes and health and laugh their way to the banks.

Buncha idiots

8. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

who are you and where are you from?

because lol sounds like your country sucks.

9. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

that's almost guaranteed american, likely a red state or a red patch of one but frankly that's a big of a gimme

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

You're missing the context of the jabs, hence why you get the wrong idea.

Also irony is not that difficult, you should try it some time.

11. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Its what makes it sad though

12. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

I think runegod and astamir are the same person but split in such a way that they have different political viewpoints.

13. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Sidenote, I never understood this American obsession with govt "taking our rights away".

What rights? You have next to no social rights, healthcare and less freedom compared to other western countries.

The only right that comes to mind that the govt is trying to regulate is to wear armed firearms. And over 90% of the American people agree with more background checks. The govt isnt even trying to take your guns, thats just propaganda.

So again, what rights?

Etherielin and Geressen like this.
  14. newsbuff

newsbuff Forum Royalty

you need to understand the difference between negative rights and positive rights. americans, don't, traditionally, believe in most positive rights as legitimate rights. This has been changing at a steady clip since The Great Society project following the great depression - all the up until people are openly supporting bernie sanders.

15. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

So.. the government is taking your rights away by regulating stuff? Small govt yada yada

Ive always been curious to this argument, who is gonna do anything if the govt doesnt? Your free market has failed. Corporations dont give two ****s about people.

Take healthcare in the US. Sure ACA regulates some, but in the end the private corps hold all the power. If it was entirely, like before ACA it would still be stupidly costy and a lot of people wouldnt be able to afford it.

At what point is the free market gonna kick in?

16. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

interesting.

so the ability to potentially murder someone with a firearm (or do legitimate firearms stuff with) is seen as a right
    but to live healthily and in safety is not seen as a right?

17. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

bp, i understand it's more that if the free market doesn't take care of it, why bother

18. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Not sure if Im getting this right but

Becaude thr nr 1 bankrupcy in the US is medical bills? Or dunno, basic human decency to not let people die who cant afford price gauged drugs/treatments/surgeries?

What am I missing?

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Paul Ryan recently answered that exact question with "not provided by the goverment, thats giving them too much power".

When I get home Ill try to find the clip.

Just let that idiocy sink in. Power is not for the govt, who in theory works for the people. Companies though, they're great with power.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2017
  20. Geressen

Geressen Forum Royalty

you mean people in place of the second govt right?