Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 5

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, May 20, 2014.

1. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

The druid skill does seem a bit cumbersome but it's not like it isn't open to changes. I wonder though if this is pointing at an idea of unifying classes more, or at least given them more meaning.

2. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Homicidal thug uses katars, not fists. I would agree on the other two.

3. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

They said the meta would be completely shaken up.

DarkJello likes this.
  4. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I think the calculations are probably a bit off for champions without a basic attack. Silverclan Tinkerer gets a discount for not having a basic attack and then, on top of that, gets a discount for it not having any DMG. That's the only way I can figure its cost comes out so low.

theKraken and DarkJello like this.
  5. Xirone

I don't mind the change to Nature's Blessing. Currently, Nature's Blessing has six ranks that are even more similar to Cleanse. Changing Nature's Blessing gives it a reason for being. It seems like a decent and thematic ability for certain champs in Class: Druid. Also, +1 to Gedden for bringing back Class: Druid.

Last edited: May 20, 2014
    dsjtheman likes this.
  6. Xirone

It would be nice for a class to mean a little more than it does now, agreed.

DarkJello likes this.
  7. DarkJello

DarkJello I need me some PIE!

I want to change my name to DruidJello, and then go OwlBear style 24/7.

[​IMG]

Xirone likes this.
  8. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

The nora cost isn't much different than how it is now. There are some champions that are much cheaper than this who have a decent punch, but this one is more of a support champion so it having reasonable HP allows it to actually do its job.
    It isn't a new ability we are just bringing it back into more common use as a Druid defining ability, but that doesn't mean all Druids will necessarily have this ability.

The goal is to have the classes more representative of a theme so then we can start building off those themes in the future as we make more tweaks and add new content.

One thing for everyone to keep in mind, this is a complete revamp of the mentality behind champion rune design. There will surely be a need to go back and make tweaks in the future as we see how things are being used. Also things are still subject to change.

GameJack, DarkJello, Legato and 3 others like this.
  9. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Senshu, is barbarian staying a race or did it finally become a class?

10. AmmonReros

AmmonReros I need me some PIE!

So Boghopper Pupil is a druid? :D

Also now I wonder how much the ability Cleasne costs. Must be something like 5 Nora.

11. Queegon

Queegon I need me some PIE!

I think it could work. Support champions being super efficient, AND every faction having access to some.
    Someone else will have to bring the muscle to the battlefield for them to be relevant, so that's fine.

It just makes the nora usability a bit different. Paying big for strength, paying less for buffing the strength.

HalfGodBro likes this.
  12. MentalMoles

MentalMoles I need me some PIE!

its looking good, hopefully the testing will balance most of the borked stuff, and then when we release no doubt there will need to be some other balance patches shortly after, but its looking positive and the meta will finally be fresh!

DarkJello likes this.
  13. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I think they will be testing for crashes more than balance in phase 4.

The beta period should help a lot with balancing them though. If the Pox community is good for anything, it's finding and exploiting broken stuff :p

DarkJello likes this.
  14. Vorian

Vorian I need me some PIE!

Don't forget to give the voil queen summon vampire bat.

15. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

I am getting anxious to see the final version :)
    More Witches is definately a huge bonus in my opinion ;)

DarkJello likes this.
  16. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

its the same cost after the 2 default upgrades as the current version with the same stats, however consider this: it is losing motivate and nora miner as options and you have to pay an extra 1 nora for electricity aura instead of grant traps. yes it gained invig 2 and craft (which who cares really) in their places but its lost most of its global contribution to potential damage output. im not saying it wont need to have an eye kept on it, but as far as support runess go, its not as impressive as it was even if it did become even more splashable.

on a side note not having a basic atk and a damage of 0 is whats really keeping the cost down in relation to its actual usefulness. i am surprised invig 2 is so cheaply costed an ability though.

this champ is gonna be played 1 of 2 ways: mason 1 and electric aura in a generic meta deck for aura, shatter, and invig 2 for 50 nora
    or: mason 3 and electric aura for the same reasons but wanting it to be fully utilized in a construct deck for 56 nora.

17. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

I understand your points, and I will mostly have to agree that maybe the problem is Invigorate 2 being too cheap.
    I'm just troubled by that new Druid ability, though, seems there was absolutely no need to create an alternative and better version of Cleanse - maybe Cleanse should just be scratched, then, I don't know.
    Guess I'll have to wait without playing then, like most of us are doing.

18. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

i have to agree on the druid pov. the ability is an old one that was on 1 champ and the avatar and there wasnt any need to proliferate it with extra ranks. my bigger problem is the diversifying of the classes. i liked that soe had basically rolled all druids into the shaman class and streamlined the classes to have more relevant interactions. making crones/cultists witches seems fine cuz it increases interaction possibilities. but adding brutes, druids, and etc seems to be to much diversity to be practical or useful be it thematic or not.

19. Pedeguerra

Yeah, agreed. I'm just picturing champs like Enforcer of the Circle having 9DEF and that would blow. Then again, maybe Enforcer is being changed so he isn't stupidly x2 auto anymore, who knows.

20. Pedeguerra

Yeah, we'll see.

21. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

Can i pick NO Upgrades ? for low nora cost units ?

Razzoriel likes this.