Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 7

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 5, 2014.

1. Mister Tuggles

Mister Tuggles I need me some PIE!

I think skills like Oblivion Shield, and others should be completely removed. They are OP, especially on runes like LK that already have a ridiculous amount of escape.

2. Squama

Squama I need me some PIE!

I think oblivion shield should be restricted to melee champions, and there it's fine ... while on long range champions becomes too much...

3. BroWatchThis

BroWatchThis Devotee of the Blood Owl

God bless you, Senshu!! THIS is what I am talking about! An upgrade system similar to the old before SOE decided to nearly destroy this game. This is exactly what I've been hoping for this game for awhile now.

Also, GREAT artwork on the clops... so b-a...

4. Woffleet

Woffleet I need me some PIE!

I'm pretty sure arowthrow and riposte won't be removed from the game. The grandmaster is just so skilled that she has both.

5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

What happens if Judge Torien hits a NKD camp?
    Torien has precision and punish, would both trigger? Will the ap be removed before NKD?

What about Aspect of Violence? if it comes and uses his fury attacks to a NKD champ, will he counterattack:melee the NKD's counterattacks?

6. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

That's assuming he retains Precision and Punish. :)

7. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Although he will trigger NKD first before bypassing it, so they'll lose 2 AP before being punished. Another little perk of NKD.

I am waiting for someone to tell me "Man, NKD champs are just like normal people, only better" :p

8. sassquatch

sassquatch I need me some PIE!

I would rather just see arrow throw and riposte replaced and consolidated. It's no'khan'do that drains ap and if that champ doesnt have block or dodge then counter strike wouldn't trigger anyways.

9. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

So... can we run champions unleveled?

10. narvoxx

narvoxx I need me some PIE!

Currently they don't intend for you to be abled to take no upgrades. Champion will have a default ability in an Upgrade Path, which can be changed by levelling up your champs but can not be "deselected". A green said that but I can't find the quote

11. SPiEkY

SPiEkY King of Jesters

I'd much prefer if we can choose to take no upgrades, but it's not my game, so w/e.

12. Pathfnder

Pathfnder Devotee of the Blood Owl

... referring to the high quality art of this game:
    Except for the very sad 3D model based sprites.

Lauremoon likes this.
  13. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

I always though that if the sprites were cooler, more people would play the game. I have seen countless times a friend trying the game, amazed by the concept art of the runes, then be ripped off by some ugly sprites... Circadian Enchantress *cof, cof*

14. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

You can run them unleveled, but you can't run a champ without upgrades, if that's what you really meant.

15. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

It was. I was just thinking how ridiculous these ability costs are but if we don't have the option to run them at a discount with no upgrades then those costs mean nothing other than how they compare individually against other abilities.

SPiEkY likes this.
  16. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

I try not to post KF faction protectionist posts but...

Not sure KF needs another cheap champ that does nothing unique or very well regardless of cost. Would loved to have heard the discussion where you ripped Adaptation and Ping off him and felt lerper form and a basic attack would somehow keep him from vying for a seat on the shoebox ruling council.

17. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

Maybe lerper has ping and ur worries are for nothing

18. Xiape

Xiape I need me some PIE!

TLDR (I may later)

When I saw the Draksar Shifter was 76 nora, I didn't think it was remarkable to post about. But Draksar High Marshal is 6 speed, and exactly 80 nora with standard upgrades. *eye roll*

19. egami

egami Devotee of the Blood Owl

Imagining Queen Anaru with a spam champ that has ping would probably make other people worry so I think it's safe to say that won't be happening. My main point is that it is now a champ that serves no purpose or at least no purpose well enough to be included unless they absolutely drastically reduced detection options to make you run him (cloak may be nice but hard to convert with an otherwise anemic champ).

20. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

Winged lerper -> cat wit wings -> anaru pet
    Forest lerper -> bear sized tiger with wings (same size as cat's) -> thing in which druid turns.

Get your lerpers straight people.