Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 12, 2014.

1. BansheeX

BansheeX I need me some PIE!

Will be speed 6 in FF KF and it still brings a very good hp to nora ratio (80 nora for 78 hp)
    It still looks like a solid include (without knowing the other champions in the revamp)

Woffleet likes this.
  2. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

I guess you have NOT created new thing - Summon Hopper Zombie already Existed !

Equipped champion gains Immunity - Magic, Immunity - Disease. If the equipped champion is Timothy the Vile, he gains Warding and Summon Boghopper Zombie and you are refunded 25 nora upon equipping.

it was on Darkmash Staff.

i am wondering how staff will be changed now, since it would be pointless to give it to timmy now.

3. MovnTarget

MovnTarget Forum Royalty

You are a little late to the party, this has already been brought up and addressed by Senshu. And is it really necessary to bold your post?

4. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Soooooo 69 nora for a 8 dmg 7 spd, 2(5 w/tough 3) def 71 hp champ seems a tad bit....no, a ******** bit efficient. Especially when it's got 4 rang and a solid damage type. Can't wait to see the mogas now....

5. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

These previews don't look so bad, good job!

Woffleet likes this.
  6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Uh ... Leviathan looked better before. He's bloaty, but with easy target hardly a tank

7. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

When you are contemplating a complaint to a champions nerf, do not frame that champion as though you were playing it in todays game. In fact, just don't complain. You've not got the context.

So Garu Denmother is 5 speed, maybe every other champion in the game has 2 speed, all the sudden she's a champ. Of course that is an overstatement but my point is, without context there is no valid balance complaint.

If any of you are wondering whats so different about todays game and the game we used to play, its that there is an expectation of 7 speed. The champions have sped up to a point to trivialize maps and font spacing. We cannot accomodate these speeds with the current map grid size.

One way is to increase the map grid size so that you can have the room to space nodes of a map and still have multiple unique map setups. But I don't think thats the best route.

I think a great way would be to gouge movement aiding abilities, decrease speed of everything, and increase nora costs of everything. Also, reduce the amount of roles a single rune can exhibit so that you don't get 2 rune marching bands with every tool necessary between the two of them to (with the aid eof spell, relic or eqiupment) kill just about any thing.

We had our cake, we ate it, we ate the plate, then we dug into the cake with our hands and Owls have stepped in and said, dayum son, sit down, here's a napkin and this is how to use a freaking fork.

8. NiGhtMaRiK

NiGhtMaRiK I need me some PIE!

I was gonna comment on the ignorant comparisons to present day champs and whining. But Baskit beat me to it and more eloquently so

9. alkaline89

alkaline89 The King of Potatoes

lol best joke all time , they do look really bad
    np.
    Screaming Leviathan 2-4 range? really , though 2 with easy target :D( no one used him ANYWAY and now :D) why do u change a champ that was almost ok, there are plenty of bad champs frozen for years

to be honest if u think after revamp u will get hunders of people back u are wrong.

10. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

It really isn't that big a of change, honestly. Screaming Leviathan loses 3 DMG and 1 MAX RNG. It then gains +12 HP and gains access to Tough 1-3. I'm not sure how he's as bad as you say when you look at his cost. There have been previews in past preview threads that looked worse. These previews don't look so bad.

11. Zenity

Zenity Devotee of the Blood Owl

Just wondering, wouldn't it look better if the abilities would be aligned left to right instead of top to bottom? That way the two upgrade abilities would always be aligned to the top, and it would look less unbalanced if there are five abilities (three left and two right rather than four left and one right).

Xirone likes this.
  12. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

There have been many previews. So far, I can say I would run the previewed Silcerclan Tinkerer (Engineer) in a current meta BG, but I am not sure on the others. It's hard to talk about balance at this point but not impossible.

13. Tfguy

Tfguy Devotee of the Blood Owl

I want a dislike button on these forums simply so I can dislike any discussion regarding balance as it is such a subjective thing which we will never come to a full agreement on, nor will real balance ever be achieved.

Sokolov mentioned it already somewhere around here, with every revamp or anything that is being done to the game new problems will come along, it is simply like that.

Before we can say anything final about the game's condition I want to see the full result of the revamp in its entire nature. Then we can talk again.

For now be happy the Owls talk more than SOE and include us more in their creative process.

Joker likes this.
  14. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

funny how they killed the usability of garu den mother on so many levels and then on top added rend so it should maintain its high nora cost LOL like i did not know they would fall for the forum crowd. like anyone ever will use this champ again now - or the garu race

15. Lauremoon

Lauremoon I need me some PIE!

Well, simpler things are easier to balance.

16. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

Seems to have slipped into 6-7 abilities standard rather than the 5 you were aiming for.

I can see a couple that could be lost fairly easily - on the leviathan for example, easy target could be moved into an upgrade choice with tough and something else.

17. voodoochile

voodoochile The King of Potatoes

Any chance we will be able to include more than one split hero in a bg?

18. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

I like the idea of them gaining extra positioning. Lets your summoner stay back and summon over walls, etc.

Also, as someone who doesn't own a boghopper zombie, I'm (selfishly) glad I don't have to feel like I'm missing something I needed any more :p

19. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

This.

20. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

Remember, DOG has said many times that they expect these champions to go through multiple passes of rebalancing. In that spirit, beyond whining about everything that isn't what you'd like maybe also make suggestions as to what you think they should be.

DarkJello likes this.