Pox Nora Revamp - Preview 8

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Senshu, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Elves Rule

Elves Rule I need me some PIE!

Seeing as everything is being changed... I think we need in injection of gold... You know, to be able to get new runes if ones that we currently like are bad... (I'm not greedy, I'm just bored of grinding daily quests for a month to get a good rune I want)

2. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Should stuff like arctic, boon of the undead, amphibious etc. really count towards the 5 count?

3. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

In all likelyhood, no, definitely definitely not. You'd be able to run a deck of JUST split heroes if this were the case. Limiting them is probably necessary.

4. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

*cough* preveiw the Ghoul in todays preview *cough*

Worth a shot.

5. Joker

Joker I need me some PIE!

I'm looking forward to see how the 150k's will be changed, probably nerfed.

6. Shimaru

Shimaru Devotee of the Blood Owl

This only made sense if they retaining a huge power level compared to the rest of the champions. If they nerf them hard enough to be just average in the new meta, then a limit on itself will not be necessary. By example, we can run all 3 heroes in every FF bg, but how often do the ST or KF guys include all of them? I mean, Bliss and Gnark are barely worth a spot right now. Something similar quite probably could happen.

7. ProR2D2

ProR2D2 I need me some PIE!

Nice preview.
    But It seems to me you had to make 3 ranks of Summon zombie just to fit them into the upgrade Path.
    Please consider leaving signature and nora-expensive abilities like Summon zombie in base, and adding stats into the upgrades, so you won't have to make 3 ranks of more abilities as well.

8. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

Truth.
    To be honest creating 3 ranks of Summon: Bog Zombie was weird as heck, and even more weird due to the fact he could already have the ability through his equip.
    Oh, and let's not forget that being able to Summon without being adjacent is probably a bad design decision.

G_Ro91, newsbuff, Joker and 1 other person like this.
  9. badgerale

badgerale Warchief of Wrath

I think there should be more flexibility in the five ability rule with regard to faction wide abilities but there should still be the aim to keep it to five where possible.

Ultimately, they are still abilities, and still add to the complexity.

10. badgerale

I too would like stat upgrades rather than filler abilities - such as rend on the garu which adds no functionality to the champ and is (I assume) just there because it needed an upgrade options.

11. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

His HP are impressive, but at 8 damage he won't be killing anything and with easy target any HP melt like snow in hell. Dunno if I'll run him.

12. Authyrtyr

Authyrtyr The King of Potatoes

DOG has said that they want to stay away from stat upgrades.

Ok, but it'd be nice to have more than one. Split faction decks get one hero whereas FF decks get up to 3. Maybe up it to 2?

Going into a revamp of this scope there's no such thing as a nerf or buff, we're just hitting the whole field with one big old hammer and seeing where the pieces fall. The standard of measurement in various dimensions is going to change sufficiently that apples to apples comparisons won't be valid.

13. Tarth

Tarth Devotee of the Blood Owl

Its suppose to be an incentive to run FF over split which usually, if not always, has a great deal of advantages over FF. Not to mention most FF heroes, do not all function with in the same "theme" or bg type so you normally do not see 3 FF heroes with in the same bg.

Edit: there is suppose to be another preview today correct? I would just like to suggest that perhaps you could show 1 rune from each faction? Preferably, if possible, a theme or faction icon so people can see where you are trying to move each faction or theme.

14. Fikule

Fikule I need me some PIE!

Would like that

15. Paper Skull

Paper Skull I need me some PIE!

That makes sense. I just have a gut reaction to playing against Magnus, Timmy, Kiergana, Ruubgaal and Hraken at the same time, which probably won't be an issue regardless.

16. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

It would be an instant bodyguard for 22hp which is actually useful. The way he is now he won't even be able to attack he will just die the next turn most likely. In most cases Timmy will gain nothing but wasting ap to summon him instead of attacking and possibly putting himself in a better location.

17. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

rend is obviously there as a filler but more importantly to make sure the GDM does not become too cheap in nora with the new system. DOG is affraid they did not comply to the crying forum crowd enough with the nerfs already and these peuple could still cry out that the nora cost went down if rend was absent

18. polltroy

polltroy I need me some PIE!

yes, the person who was able to be top rank for some time with garu until they took away the Wizards portal nexus. Then some peuple still kept crying when I continued used the Garu despite it was no longer strong... and hence they also did kill the garu den mother (the way I used them anyway).

19. Senshu

Senshu Administrator Octopi

- In the majority of cases the summons will have the same stats as the Rune of the same name, but there may be a few exceptions here and there.
    - All summons will come with the default upgrades.

20. badgerale

If a rune is too cheap the cost can be raised, especially since pet is becoming stronger.

21. Xirone

Xirone I need me some PIE!

I can't believe people think Garu Den Mother is going to be terrible. It is true that no one truly knows how these new runes are going to play once the revamp hits but GDM still looks pretty nice. Also, no one has mentioned yet how strong Garu Cub's Guarded: Garu can be in the right deck.

If I were to complain, though, it would be about the cost of Hibernate, but that is a minor issue.