MAFIA -- Skyrim; The Dragonborn GAME OVER MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 14, 2014.

1. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

why are you trying to force a tie?

2. KingJad

sounds like you are trying to get pede saved by pointing blame at gabrielq but you didnt vote for gabriel instead you vote to lynch st3ck

3. KingJad

This is assuming that was an actual vote that format is very confusing dont use that again

4. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Wait,@darklord48, so you are voting for me because you think gav said I'm blindly following baskit, and you agree ?

I voted for gav, because he voted for baskit, and that played right into everything baskit had said, and given that baskit didn't actually vote for gav(as you now seem to think he had as well), I further clarified my position. If I get lynched for sheer convenience, so be it. But there are more scummy things currently taking place.

5. KingJad

also please stop referencing last game that should have nothing to do with your decisions this game

6. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

back online now. darkl shot up in suspiciousness levels, st3ck came down

unvote: st3ck

placeholder VOTE:darklord48

what you have to remember (just in general) is that if a wagon starts forming up on you and you do nothing about it *and you're town*, to say you're actively hurting your own team isn't too far off the mark. providing people you feel are better targets (with reasoning why) is what needs to be done.

if you're mafia, well, better get good at pretending you're town. otherwise you're toast.

7. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Do people often change the way they play from game to game? Ultimately the goal of both town and mafia is the same, to appear as town to avoid getting lynched while helping their team kill off the other side.

8. KingJad

referencing last game is bad practice especially since I didn't participate last game it just makes it all the more confusing

9. KingJad

also with that logic he is just as much town with his actions as mafia because your saying ppls behavior doesn't change from game to game while at the same time calling him a suspicious person who is leaning mafia

10. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

How do the phases work with timing? @Qucas had a post at 10:00 that, by my math from @PurpleTop's last post, should have been right at the phase change. Is everything after that considered night, or is it only when done officially?

11. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Continuing to vote Pedeguerra.

12. KingJad

I would say it has to be done offically

13. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

phase change was supposed to be last night; some irl stuff came up but I will be making the post here soon. Since I was not clear that I would be gone for the phase change in going to let everything that happened up until right now count. Sorry for the confusion!

EDIT: FINAL VOTE COUNT

Pedeguerra: 3 (Molosse, st3ck, Qucas)
    darklord48: 2 (Dagda, Pedeguerra
    st3ck: 2 (Gaverion, Darklord48)

Not voting: 5 (everyone else)

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  14. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Vote emries guys

15. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Night falls over the city. Confusion had erupted in Windhelm. The citizens were at each-others throats..... and this was exactly what the bandits wanted. Reluctantly they came up with someone to eliminate, they found him to be more suspicious than the rest, but in honesty everyone else seemd nearly as suspicious. Pedeguerra was pushed up to the front of the courtyard, and there the executioner stood.

"Any last words?" said the executioner with a deep, grungy voice. "Pedeguerra looked back at the citizens, some of whom he had known for years. With a tear in his eye and a tremble in his voice he said "I hope that my deah somehow brings you all retribution". He took a big breath and knelt down with his head over the chopping block. The executioner raised his ax and with one clean swing he cleared Pedeguerras head right off. They inspected the body but found nothing of value. Pedeguerra was nothing but a mere citizen. It looks like the town may have to turn to the god of mercy Stendarr to pray, and maybe his Vigil will arrive with an answer.... this is getting to be far too stressful.

Pedeguerra has been lynched and was a Citizen of Windhelm (Townie). It is now night phase for the next 36 hours (to get phases back on track). Please send me your powers by that time. Sorry for the confusion with the phases

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 20, 2014
  16. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

and yeah, qu, there are a decent number of people that will change how they play from game to game. referencing games past as an indicator of what people will be doing this go-round is more setting yourself up for failure than much else.

i'm not saying don't keep it in mind, i'm saying don't use it as any sort of proof or evidence. icing, maybe, but nothing beyond that (if that, even)

17. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

This is not the goal of town. There have certainly been cases of it being beneficial for a town player to have themselves lynched. Town's goal is strictly to find and kill mafia by whatever means reasonably possible. Generally if you are town you don't want to be lynched obviously because you are confirmed town to yourself but it is very very important to remember that you are part of a team, even if you die so long as you are on the winning team you win.

---------------------------
    Examples of times it is good for a town to be lynched:
    a town player who has been suspected as maf by a number of people claims to be the cop and to have found all of the mafia players. None of those players are remotely suspicious and town has at least one extra lynch available to them. You could lynch the claimed cop and if they flip town you know who to lynch for the rest of the game. (there was a game I moderated where something similar happened to ekat).

There are a couple who are somewhat suspect and claim to be town masons (town players who can communicate with each other, on rare occasion there are also town/maf pairings but this possibility will be made obvious to them). Lynching 1/2 of the pair confirms the other (nearly) 100%.

Someone counterclaims, killing one of them more or less confirms the other as maf or town (though not 100% confirmed town)

A town player is particularly disruptive and makes it impossible for the game to go on (though in my opinion a player should be mod killed in this situation)

And sometimes the death of a particular town just confirms enough information for it to be worth it.
    ------------------------------

Back to this game rather than general maf tactics, 5 no votes. What the hell. From today onward I am considering anyone who doesn't vote maf. Do you want to hand this game to maf? Voting is our weapon, maf literally could have killed any player they wanted today. just barely over 1/2 of people voting when we had so long to place a vote is terrible. Not voting is basically a vote for maf to win. I would really like to hear about why people voted for pedegurra. Also dagda could you explain the post where you voted for dark lord more? it seemed a bit random to me.

18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Dagda,

I appreciate that you are trying to be the grandfather tree of wisdom here but I'd say reduce the OOC and let people play/learn.

I feel you are really building a wall of protection around yourself via the following:
    1) you are gaining favor, intentionally or not, through helping others.
    2) you are saying man I'd have this game tied up if I was mafia, making that a very heavy double psych move.
    3) controlling the flow and, more importantly, the culture and trade craft of the game buy telling people who haven't played how to play.

Am I saying you are Maf? No, but I'd not expect someone to try that hard this early.

There's been a lot of OOC (out of character), inactivity and previous-game references. I'm guilty as well even if I wasn't the initiator but it needs to end.

Everyone needs to develop their character and get some work done

19. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

develop their character, what?

20. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Be who they are going to be in the game? Seems pretty Firking simple.