MAFIA -- Skyrim; The Dragonborn GAME OVER MAFIA WON

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by PurpleTop, Jul 14, 2014.

1. PurpleTop

PurpleTop I need me some PIE!

Ahh Windhelm. The oldest city in Skyrim. The people who walk the cold corridors breathe the same air as their ancestors thousands of years before. A proud city. A great city. A city riddled with.... corruption?

The Citizens of beautiful Windhelm have become aware of a certain nuisance. It seems a band of sneaky bandits have made a presence in the town. The problem is however, with the summer surge of trade the bandits have blended in with the visitors and the citizens. From within the city, they have been able to commit robberies, vandalism, and even murder. Whispers say that they plot to kill the Jarl. With the progress the guards have made in the investigation, it looks like that fatal ending may come sooner than they realized.

In a reach of desperation the Jarl sends a letter to the legendary Dragonborn to ask for his assistance. The Dragonborn promptly returns a letter saying that Windhelm is an "immortal and glorious city", and makes comment to how he is disgusted by the Bandit's defilement and sets course directly to the city. He will arrive within weeks, if not sooner. The town decides to lock the gates in the meantime, no one in or out. The Jarl is secured safely within his keep, and the Thane leads a thorough investigation.

The Bandits know they have little time, and up their game. Meanwhile, the citizens must ban together while knowing that any one next to them could be a bandit in disguise.

PLEASE READ!!!

Welcome to the Skyrim Mafia game! Please read ALL RULES before posting. There have been some slight changes. The NOTES section has some very valuable information. Before you ask the Game Moderator (@PurpleTop ) any questions, make sure you check the rules first as to avoid spoilers and confusion. Best of luck!

Previous game

Roles:
    (hyperlinked)
    Town:
    Cop
    Doctor
    Vigilante
    Commuter
    Tracker
    Roleblocker
    Masons
    Townie

Mafia:
    Godfather
    Roleblocker
    Role Cop
    Goon

Notes:

Every role, unless otherwise specified on this page, works exactly like it says on it's linked page
    Doctor may NOT target self.
    In this scenario, Commuter essentially blocks all powers used on him (except of course night kill).
    Commuter role trumps Roleblocker Role.
    Vigilante will be defined as a 1-shot in this game variation, but is given another shot if power fails.
    Mafia kill happens before Vigilante kill if they have the same target, and vigilante kill is refunded.

I will note now that any or all of the roles listed above could be used, but that does not necessarily mean that they WILL be used.

There will not be two instances of any of the above roles (Town Roleblocker and Mafia roleblocker count as two seperate instances; there could be one of each), except for goons and townies, and obviously masons.

Rules:
    This game is CLOSED COMMUNICATION
    Goals:
    Town: To eliminate the entire mafia
    Mafia: To eliminate enough town so that the number of remaining town matches the number of remaining mafia

Affiliation Management:
    Town does not know who other town members are, nor who the mafia is. The mafia knows only who the rest of the mafia members are. It is up to the mafia members to discuss who to kill privately and how to tactically use eachothers' roles. Mafia members are given their own private chat topic

Phases: This game will consist of phases. Th phases will start with Night 0 and continue on with Day 1, Night 1, etc. Night phases will be exactly 24 hours, Day phases will go on until a Hammer vote is reached, or for a maximum of 96 hours. All phases will be updated according to Eastern Standard Time

Day Phase:
    Voting: During the day phase, everyone will be allowed to vote for someone they deem as mafia. At the end of the day phase, whoever has the most votes is "lynched", or killed off and taken out of the game, and their role is revealed. A player may vote for No Kill, and in the case of this being the majority, no one is lynched.
    Votes should be in the format
    VOTE: XXXX
    Hammer Vote: If a single person receives more than the majority votes, (say, 6 in a 10 person game), then as soon as the vote that gave them that many is made, the Hammer is locked. This means that the day phase ends at that exact moment and night starts. This means that the day phase could be really short if 6 people vote for one person almost immediately. If at the end of the 96 hour day phase, if there is no hammer vote, the person with the most votes is lynched. Once you have been killed by any means, you are not allowed to post anything on the thread anymore except a discreet "ouch that hurt" sort of post

Night phase:
    Powers: During the night, any player who has a power may use that power by PMing the Mod (Me) saying "I choose to use my power on: XXX". At the end of th phase, if the power was successful, the user is given the results of the power, if the power so demands. If a power does not succeed, due to either Commuter or Roleblocker interactions in this case, the user of the power is simply told "Power failed" at the end of the phase.
    Night Kill: Mafia will choose someone each night to kill. If that person is succesfully killed (not protected by the doctor), the target is removed from the game at the end of the night phase and role is revealed.

Moderators:
    @PurpleTop
    @KTCAOP

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  2. PurpleTop

SIGNUPS:

1. @Baskitkase MODKILLED: Day 3. Townie (Citizen of Windhelm)
    2. @Dagda Lynched: Day 3. Townie (Citizen of Windhelm)
    3. @darklord48 Murdered: Night 3. Cop (Thane of Windhelm)
    4. @GabrielQ Mafia Role Cop (Bandit Dragon Priest)
    5. @Gaverion Murdered: Night 2. Doctor (Necromancer)
    6. @KelRama (Replaced by @Pedeguerra ) Townie (Citizen of Windhelm)
    7. @KingJad LYNCHED: Day 2. Mason (Vigilant of Stendaar)
    8. @Molosse Vigilante (Dark Brotherhood Assassin)
    9. @Pedeguerra LYNCHED: DAY 1. Townie (Citizen of Windhelm)
    10. @Qucas Goon (Bandit)
    11. @st3ck Godfather (Bandit Chief)
    12. @tangmcgame Mason (Vigilant of Stendaar)

Last edited: Jul 30, 2014
  3. PurpleTop

Night falls over the beautiful city walls, and the doors remain locked. It's rather silent, and the night feels shadily still, as if someone had cast the Black Sacrament. Tension grows among the citizens, and they decide the best thing to do is to separate for the night.

It is now Night 0. No kill happens tonight. This night will last for 24 hours. PLEASE POST IN THIS PHASE SO THAT I KNOW YOU ARE ACTIVE. Day 1 and voting will begin in 24 hours, at 11:00 PM EST on Tuesday, the 15th.

Last edited: Jul 14, 2014
  4. GabrielQ

GabrielQ I need me some PIE!

PurpleTop likes this.
  5. Qucas

Qucas Guest

I'm ready

6. st3ck

st3ck I need me some PIE!

Pre-sent.

7. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

i'd @ you

8. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I'm ready. Also, dagda is fat. These two things are facts and completely related.

Dagda likes this.
  9. Gaverion

Gaverion I need me some PIE!

Vote: Dagda

Clearly maf.

10. KTCAOP

KTCAOP I need me some PIE!

Good luck everyone =)

11. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

crap gav caught me

i confess

my mafia buddies are PT and fireball. kt's our misa.

i'd vote for remries though.

BurnPyro likes this.
  12. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

So, to clarify since I'm new to this and I can't find mention of it on the forums, closed communication means no tomfoolery with PM/Skype and the like?

13. Molosse

Molosse I need me some PIE!

Also ready to go :)

14. PurpleTop

Correct

15. Pedeguerra

Pedeguerra I need me some PIE!

So it begins. Yay!

16. darklord48

darklord48 Forum Royalty

Let's see if I can do better than last time.

17. tangmcgame

tangmcgame I need me some PIE!

I believe in you being in the mafia darklord!

Dagda likes this.
  18. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Closed communication means you must talk IRL with your mouth closed for the duration of this game or you are maf.

19. PurpleTop

Morning crept up on Windhelm faster than anyone would have liked. As the town gathered in the courtyard of the Palace of the Kings, they heard a loud scream. outside of the courtyard to the left there was a body at the bottom of the stairs. The guards ran over to the body and identified it as Lortheim, a priest who use to reside in the Temple of Talos. The murders were becoming more frequent! The town groups together and decides that they need to single the individuals out. No one is above scrutiny.

Poor Lortheim. His wife Jora is completely torn up. Hopefully no one casts any sort of necromancy spell to bring him back to perform nefarious deeds.

It is now Day 1. You have 96 hours to hammer a vote in on somebody. Good Luck!

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 16, 2014
  20. Dagda

Dagda Forum Royalty

Do I get first post post murder?

DO I?

Anyhow, I'm currently suspicious of numbers 1 and 3-12. Thoughts?