what is OP right now?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by badgerale, Sep 2, 2014.

1. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

You're on the forums like you play this game.

2. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

No one likes you.

3. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

Skeezick are pretty boss right now but other than them is sl even a faction anymore, i just assumed we were getting rid of them after the re-vamp since they got ****ed so bad.

4. KingJad

KingJad I need me some PIE!

Im on pox atm. If im on the forums im most likely logged in on the game also.

5. XFurionsX

XFurionsX I need me some PIE!

This little guy here [​IMG] is only guilty of having an awesome sprite attack (one of the best IMO), he dosnt swarm anything anymore.
    And timmy dosnt count, split hero, can be cleansed blah blah blah.

KingJad likes this.
  6. Gwyndionnz

Gwyndionnz I need me some PIE!

All this time I had the impression that zombie plague couldn't be cleansed.

Also, everyone knows that ISisOP.

7. KelRama

KelRama The King of Potatoes

Im just fighting back, KF always got the +1 Spd bonus. As long as pox exists, now its op ?

8. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Well that truly did escalate quickly....Although Covah is right, made me laugh :D:p

Cydna likes this.
  9. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

Always been, never been talked about because people didn't give as much of a Firk about balance before, as they do now, and because before other factions had just as much broken/op stuff so it didn't matter that much.

As someone pointed out before it's hard to judge how good +1 spd is, but it's hard to disagree that a 6 speed unit performs much worse than a 7 or 8 speed unit. This is most noticable on ranged units, which coincidentally, is what kf is all about.

10. Sealer0

Sealer0 I need me some PIE!

How about you guys remove loyalty and regal presence from the game, since A: it makes champs overly cost efficient, B: it's terrible, uninteractive and not needed on any champ apart from maybe resillient skeezick. Whoever thought regal presence was a good idea should reconsider their view on balance.

11. Faust

Faust Devotee of the Blood Owl

much like ur's also :)

12. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

It's part of my job.
    Lots of people like me. You like me . You're just too afraid to admit it. It's okay.

13. KingJad

How to win an argument on balance? Personal insults.

XFurionsX likes this.
  14. Vote Kanye 2020

Vote Kanye 2020 Better-Known Member

Shut it, noob. <3

KingJad likes this.
  15. KingJad

ur balance sense is better than mine it seems.

16. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

why can't everybody see this

BloodAshes and Vote Kanye 2020 like this.
  17. KingJad

dey be noobs which makes my balance sense better than theirs. ALL HAIL H0spy the balance God.

18. RedScarlet

RedScarlet I need me some PIE!

oh lol no zombo apoc? i shud update my list lol.

and I'm not even saying they are OP. OP is like Warogg prenerf.

The list goes for efficiency and high nora:hp ratio champs. Dead fairy was my fault, I was referring to prevamp Dead Fae. hehe.
    Hippo Rider's HP:Nora ratio.. I play mine w/ Charge1 + Heavy Charger at 61nora
    Skeez Sniper... how is he not efficient at 49 nora PiercingShot3 + Regen1 at base11DMG?
    They are not unkillable, thus they are not OP. But they are efficient. Would you not agree to that?

I'm not nerf-calling.. I play Hippo Rider and Bloodhowler Alpha myself, so its under my own impression of how they perform against others..."imo"

and why are u guys fighting? its my unupdated opinion.... not even urs...u guys r fighting amongst urselves on a misinterpreted post...

Last edited: Sep 3, 2014
  19. theKraken

theKraken I need me some PIE!

Cause its the internet and people like to throw things :b

Also just for the sake of saying it again, Aa is nuts

20. Strings

Strings Devotee of the Blood Owl

Re: stacking boosts.

The Problem

1) Recipients. What unit is boosted is very important. Boost mechanics give you the edge mid-late game as you are able to get more stats for less nora. Traditionally, the draw back to this is that the units who are boosted are A) sub-par without the boost and B) due to requiring the boost to be good are limited to phalanx style play (keeping close to the booster). This translates into a weaker early game (before the booster is in play effectively and limited map presence).

What we are seeing ATM are solid units (I believe all Barb Beasts were designed without boost in mind, similarly for voil and to an extent revamped tree folk) made stronger. As the units are good on their own the two problems above no longer exist and so the draw back of boost is gone.

This means that boost needs to be implemented with a lot of consideration for who is going to be effected. The extent of this consideration depends on how powerful the boost is, of course. Boost level 1 is a small AOE and a small effect and is not going to do much. Similarly, just having Improve Damage is not that significant. It is a judgement call on impact and proportionality.

2) Stacking Boosts. This moves on from the previous point. Either lots of small boosts coming together (arguably this is similar to frost amp when it is easy to achieve) without much cost or big boosts combining can mean over efficiency. BG's are built around the idea of collecting multiple boosts in one area (like ST/Skeletons when there were Ally Hoarfrost units) but often have to pick up inefficient units/combos to make it work. The issue is these extended boosts come almost free to a faction.

There is a number of ways this can be dealt with.

Ideas

1) Nerf stuff. This is the simplest solution. Like what happened to trees, you can nerf the offending runes to the point where they are too inefficient and no one wants to play with them any more. Sometimes this is needed. Ideally you can find a happy balance as opposed to nerfing them into the ground, but I wont hold my breath.

2) Provide Counters. This was attempted: See SP's "Identity Crisis" spell. It can be a good work around. Abilities that strip a champ of "green stats" or in fact turns all "buffed" stats into negatives are possibilities. The issue with this approach is you do not want to turn the game into Rock Paper Scissors, or into Counter-or-lose as neither are very fun.

3) Counter-themes. The counter to the old boost style was rush. If themes were re-balanced to have defined strengths and weaknesses you can introduce or tweak themes that counter (soft counter as opposed to hard) others to try and get the meta to shift. This is a much harder balancing act however, and we have seen a LOT of backlash over this approach over the years (healing is weak, buff it, it is OP, introduce dark healing, DH is OP, nerf it - the cycle goes on).