Free summons and free units are still a problem

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by super71, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Korahn2610

Korahn2610 New Member

Thank you for clarifying super71 and hotbread, it seems that the rest of the people trolling this forum are less than helpful.

super71 and Goatmanji like this.
  2. super71

super71 I need me some PIE!

That is all the veteran players best to put them on ignore asap.

3. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Sever summons, run it.
    /thread.

4. super71

4 factions don't have it and only 4 runes have it total out of those 4 only 2 are runnable your post is invalid and not helpful.

Leadrz likes this.
  5. Leadrz

Okay sorry, which 2/4 are not runnable?

6. Cydna

Cydna Forum Royalty

Factions shouldn't have access to every single ability/counter.

7. Leadrz

Agreed.
    I'm just waiting to see if he bags my salaman negamage. Q.Q

8. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

I've been playing since 2007.

9. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

No one is asking that.

If all factions have summon abilities, why all factions can't have sever summon?

10. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

ST has sever summon, FS has sever summons, KF has nothing(does anyone think KF needs to counter summons right now?), IS has nothing(same as last parenthesis, change KF for IS), FW "has" demonologist with ritual of destruction (same as last inputs would apply if champions other than zombies were a bit more efficient), SP "has" kanen crone with ritual of destruction( and getting anti summon for SP would be a real problem IMHO), SL "has" kanen crone with ritual of destruction, ravenspeaker with raven tongue, wyrmpriest with ritual of power/destruction, UD "has" Demonologist with ritual of desctruction and griefbearer with sever summons(who the majority of UD players choose not to run right now).

I think I didn't miss anything did I?

11. ghklf

ghklf I need me some PIE!

FW has Stitched Anathema, so as UD.

12. Lushiris

Thanks, but who cares about any stitched who isn't tyrant? @Skeezick

13. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

i love them all :c

Leadrz likes this.
  14. Lushiris

Then replace tyrant with magearm in your bg.

And back on topic, if I didn't make myself clear, I do think the anti summons are where they should be. Maybe giving something like ritual and raven tongue here and there, but no more sever summons. Hard counters aren't the answer anymore, because people are less willing to occupy a slot with a champion with one single situational purpose, as BGs are very dynamic right now. Every combo you put in a BG is an extra chance of winning, so unless the champion has another purpose it's not very easy fitting it in the deck, or even deploying it.

15. aseryen

aseryen I need me some PIE!

Has anyone suggested avatars/shrines getting some abilities to possibly counter some of the problems players are facing? I was just thinking on transfigure avatars get sever summons (not sure if it should be blanketed on each shrine but would seem fair as a concept) or gain access to certain abilities as they level up. This could eliminate some of the "this faction has this unit and this faction doesn't" banter, and may be easier to balance than pumping out new runes and then later having to counter balance those.

As far as summons, be thankful it doesn't require ap anymore to atk illusions, minus the occasional bug.

16. Skeezick

Skeezick Forum Royalty

im saying i love them,not that i want to lose

Sirius likes this.
  17. TheBulwark

TheBulwark I need me some PIE!

Whose alt are you?

18. super71

I agree but sever summons is one of those abilities that really needs to be in every faction as a runnable champ as long as we have free meat bgs.

19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

20. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Some guy going around making obnoxious posts, clearly someone unimportant who made an alt to look badass.