Combos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goatmanji, Oct 18, 2014.

1. hotbread

hotbread Devotee of the Blood Owl

Surprised nobody said Bastion the Avenger+Might of Ironfist, allowing bastion a 4ap insta-kill to most units without phys resistance of some sort.

2. kalasle

kalasle Forum Royalty

Vampirism + Decay. Casting Vampirism at the start of turn and Decay at the end, the using player gets one full turn of combat healing, and then both parties slog through all of their attacks doing damage to themselves as well. Extremely synergistic with a BG that can take advantage of it, namely one with high health champions that can absorb a lot of enemy attacks. Because of how the values skew, this can bog down or destroy a battle field in a few rounds. Plus, the double sided, kill-everything nature of the combo lends itself well to long-play FW.

Thbigchief likes this.
  3. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Legendaries don't count, unrunnable legendaries count less than not at all.

4. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

@BurnPyro
    Okay, I can see that. I do disagree with your methods, but at this point I'm willing to admit that at least you HAVE a method. So carry on, sir! Stick to your guns and you'll have my respect.

I would like to request that you please do not assume that I am like others on these forums just because I disagreed with you on one point. In fact I agree with a lot of what you post. Sure, I may misinterpret the correct meaning of 'troll' in that I refer to all those on forums that are (or seem to me to be) consistently negative, confrontational or provocative. If I write enough, you'll see that isn't the only mistake I'll make. But that does not mean that I hold to any of the same patterns of other people here. I am my own man and I will not be lumped in with the rest.

I shouldn't have done so with you. I apologize.

As for the combo chosen for the Cleverness prize, I've been playing Pox around 5 months (give or take). I started an account long ago, initially thought it was totally p2p, so I left and didn't come back until recently. So there are a lot of blatantly obvious interactions that I simply haven't seen or recognized. Zero's posted combo may be old and obvious to all but me, but it had escaped my attention and I thought it was pretty kool, especially since I just started a skeleton bg.

Once I had chosen and posted the winners, regardless if it made me look silly, stupid, or noob, I had to stick by it. It wouldn't have been fair to Zero had I decided, 'you know, those guys are right, and that shoulda been obvious. Sorry Zero, but randomposter13 is gonna win instead. Deal with it.' Just wouldn't be right and I wouldn't have been able to sleep at night.

I apologize to all that thought my choice unwise, and promise to make my next giveaway better, and hopefully without having to show again my inexperience.

iPox likes this.
  5. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

It has Blessing of the River or w/e.
    You know, the one that cleanses NEXT turn for whatever reason?
    It's like they think they can be UD or something.

6. Boozha

Boozha I need me some PIE!

Whats UD? The faction with the spot cleanse? (Okay, they took that one out. Props for that. It was bitter as Firk.)

Also, cleanse next turn everybody has, its called death, because thats what happens to things you cleanse next turn.

7. jeeperz2

jeeperz2 I need me some PIE!

I laughed so hard. And the right way to say it is FS has no spot on cleanse, still not sure why FS got a spell that cleanses your champions the following turn...

ykmmmm likes this.