Combos?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Goatmanji, Oct 18, 2014.

1. Goatmanji

Goatmanji I need me some PIE!

INTRO:
    I am giving away two exotic IS runes. To win, post your favorite Pox Nora combos here. Point out what abilities are involved, and how their interaction makes the combo work. When I feel like it, or when this thread's activity dies down enough (whichever happens first), I'll award two separate prizes. One for the effectiveness of a particular combo, and another for sheer cleverness in noticing an interesting interaction.

PRIZES:
    #1 - Effectiveness Prize: Elemental Warstaff
    #2 - Cleverness Prize: Dwarven King

RULES:
    -Each username can only post up to three different combos. Any more by that person will be ignored.
    -If your combo is not explained, I will not consider it. I am not going to do research to figure out what it is you mean.
    -Winners will be decided at my discretion based upon the combos presented; all valid combos will be considered equally, regardless of who posts them.
    -If multiple people post the same combo, only the earliest posted instance of that combo will be recognized.
    -If you troll, I reserve the right to disqualify any combos you may post.
    -Prizes will be awarded upon completion of the giveaway via the in-game Trader, in exchange for any token.
    -I will ask for the winners' IGNs in this thread upon announcing winners.
    -Friendly disputes over the validity of presented combos is allowed, and even encouraged.
    -If a combo is proven not to work as described, it will not be considered and will not count towards your 3 maximum.
    -Combos exploiting bugs are not true combos and will not be considered. Since I don't know all the bugs, I will rely on you to point them out if someone posts a combo that includes one.
    -If there is not enough activity on this giveaway overall, I will cancel the giveaway and keep my runes. I don't expect a thousand responses, but if I get 4 people posting combos total it won't be worth the runes.

NOTES: This is my first Pox giveaway. I'm not rich or have extremely rare runes, so sorry if you don't like the quality of my prize runes. But I have hosted a lot of giveaways in my guild on Urban Rivals and people seem to like them. If this gets similar positive results I will likely host more later--always different.

Goyo and xezno like this.
  2. Markoth

Markoth Lord Inquisitor

Inb4
    Shockwave + Grav Flux

Edit: On a serious note my favorite combo is Nexus Aura (Or the Focused Nexus spell, either works) and Endurance Aura. Nexus Aura splits the damage between all your champs and then Endurance Aura reduces that even more. Bonus points if you can apply Spell Resistance to your champs to avoid AoE spam.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2014
    mortal ix and IMAGIRL like this.
  3. 1. (emberwasp + tinderbox) + (fire blast + summon borghas) easily the most known and feared combo

the set up is a pain however once you have two emberwasps in play you can move them into position with shadow spawn near the enemies shrine, then move them to the shrine summon a borghas and fireblast (only fireblasting the emberwasps will work) the fire will hit the shrine and deal DMG the wasps will trigger and blast the shrine and borghas, the borghas will trigger and blast the wasps which will trigger another round of fire DMG when done properly this can do up to 122 DMG to an enemy shrine easily enough to win a game
    Fire bomb can be substituted for fire blast as it will not kill the borghas instantly and still trigger the set off of DMG

2. Murder + Matriarch Sarinda

Murder allowing the queen of stitched to build her charges at a ridiculous rate can easily finish off just about any champ with 2 hits and a 0 ap cost eradicate

probably my favorite
    3. Warrog + nefari guardian

its bad enough that you have a rune under the cost of 65 that can be summoned for free by maxxerek but to have a body guard for that rune with an equally low cost as well rediculous. to make it worse the warrog has berserker which gives it 7 SPD with no downside because unstoppable negates careless and knockback traps and loss of ap traps. but when warrog uses berserker ATK and loses 2 def it doesnt matter cause he wont be taking the hit while nefari guardian is there covering his back.

4. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

Soulsphere and Conduit rank 2. Drop Soulsphere. Damage is divided among your champions now. Your champion with Conduit rank two absorbs the damage. Conduit rank two also reduces the damage by 40% so it will take a while for champ to die. Remember after a certain amount of triggers Soulsphere's effect stops working. It is kind of like a global warguard. Quite easy to set up too.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Lightning Rod and Thunderhead Totem/Lightning Storm. Electricity damage from surrounding champs within 5 spaces is absorbed into one champ. It usually instantly kills a champ if there are 5 or so champs surrounding the target of the equip.

Strip Armor and Millennial Icequake. Give everything vulnerability physical and then do around 30 damage to each champ on the board.

mortal ix likes this.
  5. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

You need: Darkmarsh Witch + Draksar Reavenspeaker + Draketooth rifle
    Using Darkmarsh Witch to summon those Tasty bugs for only 1 charge then Reavenspeaker to transform those bugs into reavens with essence capture and after that you can equip the reavens with rifles and you get a range 8, nora generation 14dmg sniper for "free". (The essence capture covers a bit of the rifle's cost so you only need to set it in motion and then it's a low nora sustained engine)

Lauremoon likes this.
  6. SaintKiwi

SaintKiwi I need me some PIE!

lol with 10 hp

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

8 spaces away from danger.. yeah Bombs or Global damage might kill them, is not perfect but fun.

8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

(not interested in the rewards, just dropping a couple ideas for anyone who might be perusing for inspiration)

Barricade
    + Snow Burst for 30-48 ampable frost dmg to anything inside the affected area plus strong terrain. Support with Jangar Architect, Northern Cross Priestess, Ice Caster, etc. to pile up damage or spread it around. Damage triggers again each round until relics are destroyed. Very efficient use of 90N if BG is built around this combo.

Blood of the Swamp before Fire Volatility abuse for easy global healing..

9. Lushiris

Lushiris I need me some PIE!

Charged summon tortalleon + Nora Shield + Any AoE damage

You need the tortun portalmage and Tortun favored(or at least a priest with virtue). For damage I normally use tremir with cannon barrage and grenadiers with fire bomb, but any any AoE damage that also hits the tortalleon will do. Summon the tortalleon, nora shield him, charge with him like he didn't cost you any nora (har) and spam whatever AoE you have, preferrably champion AoE. Done, you (at least) screwed up your enemy and made nora out of it.

10. Leadrz

Leadrz I need me some PIE!

Flood or slam and whirlpool.
    Whirlpool is dropped ina group of enermy champs. you then slam they repetitively, they stay in the same place and take 10 damage.
    Flood knock backs units at the end of your turn. can also be combined with posion cloud for extra dam.

Undertow + poison trap.
    You undertow an enemy champion into a poison cloud trap to finish or just to keep em surrounded for a turn.

11. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

slam + mystic whirlpool + poison cloud, lava terrain, or hungry mire(victim must be grounded and not be amphibious in order for this to work).

chickenpox2 likes this.
  12. Morfeas

Morfeas I need me some PIE!

gale into storm to kill unsuspecting flyers

now gib runes pls

13. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

I always wanted to try this
    Vicious harpoon + fiery ambush
    make sure your opponent is far away atleadt 4 spaces
    first place hapoon on font then use fiery ambush the harpoon will drag opponent opponents will die since it takes the fire damage

14. profhulk

profhulk Forum Royalty

psionic storm + fiery ambush or hallucinogenic + fiery ambush 24 potential fire dmg unfortunately wandering is so random.

15. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

love how most of these are splits

16. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Split Combos are less likely to be as immediately obvious. I have plenty of FF combos, but they're fairly obvious.

17. Zero

Zero Active Member

Altar of Bones and Graveyard for immediate buffing of my skeleton deck. Few times and everything becomes super tough.

Explanation:

Graveyard summons a skeleton. Altar of Bones sacrifices a skeleton to give all allied skeletons on board a buff of +4 hp and +1 dmg. Put both together and you have instant buffs every 2 turns.

(No split yaaay)

18. Zero

Zero Active Member

Stitched Tyrant + Cloak of Skulls

Explanation:

Stitched Tyrant is a strong champion with 3 defense and 51 hp. He drops a Stitchling (up to 2 total) every time it's attacked (2 hits drops max Stitchlings). Cloak of Skulls adds +2 defense and Splintering (summons a Lesser Bonemauler upon being hit for damage). 5 defense 51 hp beast that releases 2 champions for first 2 hits and 1 for 3rd hit +. It makes a small army on the front lines!

19. Centuros

Centuros Active Member

I like the combination of Cyclops Battlefiend with Havoc's Touch.
    With just plus one more damage (from say, Boost: Cyclops or your trusty Warbanner), the Battlefiend ability activates, giving him a ton of damage and Fury, while he now has Essence Capture from Havoc's Touch.

If you add in a Chaos Brave (wow, a use for this guy maybe?), you get free mogas for Battlefiend to consume!
    Just don't use a Cyclops Shaman with this combo, since he has an ability that will hurt your shrine whenever Battlefiend's Essence Capture gains you nora... (can that be moved to upgrades, please?)

20. MEATMAN

MEATMAN Forum Royalty

fair enough