Token packs

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by BurnPyro, Nov 8, 2014.

1. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Still waiting for the obvious. There's nothing to talk about, it's bad. After all those months and "it's been on our radar", fix it!

Rokkushun and BloodAshes like this.
  2. hfok

hfok I need me some PIE!

How much do you think token pack should cost?

3. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Depends, if they still want to milk our gold 1k.

By the standards of SOE token costs, it would be around 500 gold.

4. chickenpox2

chickenpox2 I need me some PIE!

a double token pack promo would be nice for 100 credit
    you get double of each type and higer chances to get plat on gold slots
    thi is just for giving them some revenues

5. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

Under SOE, you could buy silver tokens, for 45 gold each. That meant that you could level a champion for 180 gold.

Now, through DOG, you can buy a token pack that includes 3 bronze, 3 silvers and 4 gold for 3000 gold. Thats 625 points for 3000 gold.

200 CP for 180 gold = .9 gold per CP point.

625 CP for 3000 gold = 4.8 gold per CP point.

Basically, DOG has increased the cost of CP by 433% for absolutely no reason. The have made this a contention point for new players and anyone who would want to change decks often or try new stuff.

The current cost of CP influences people to just use a single deck, the exact opposite of what they should be promoting through their policies

Senshu's response will probably be something along the lines of "well now players get upgrades with zero CP". But people who are bad at a game generally cannot understand the importance of maximizing in a competitive environment.

6. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

It's such a stupid no brainer it's mindblowing that they just refuse to address this.

Especially considering the chumps originally made the packs 4k instead of 3k

7. Kampel

Kampel I need me some PIE!

If devs decided to keep token packs expensive then they should consider to make tokens rewards for daylys too, like by completing both dayly skirmish you get 3 random tokens. At least that would help...

8. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

A token post for the token thread.

The CP system is the epitome of the closed fist vs open hand principle. My thoughts and suggestions can (still) be found in my signature. (Marketplace link > "A Token Gesture")

9. BloodAshes

BloodAshes The King of Potatoes

Would be nice just losing the cp anyway since the upgrades changes the prices of the runes. Just let us have them already selectable and it could be so much easier. And maybe cp could just be like in scrolls more you use a rune flashier it gets with its own stats

10. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

11. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

If you played half as much as you posted, you wouldn't need token packs.

Clueless and MentalMoles like this.
  12. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Woah woah woah, please take your logic and statistics somewhere else good sir. Your kind isn't welcome around these parts.

13. Baskitkase

Baskitkase Forum Royalty

My bizzle, what I meant to say was: Thank you DOG for the opportunity to buy tokens and good things about what DOG is doing to Pox.

Nebron likes this.
  14. Zero

Zero Active Member

1 random token in addition to the daily reward would be nice for new players that don't get enough to lvl their decks. 80/10/5/5 rate would be fair since bronze is really cheap solo.

15. Puppetchan

Puppetchan Member

The entire existence of a leveling system is to artificially extend the amount of time players spend on the game without actually adding any significant content or quality. The extent that they want to exploit their players is up to them. Smart people get that and dumb people ***** about it.

16. Entrepidus

Entrepidus I need me some PIE!

Smarter people point out how dumb the system is in the first place.

Baskitkase and BurnPyro like this.
  17. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

If the game was half as good as the fanboys made it out to be, I wouldn't have to post ever.

SPiEkY likes this.
  18. Nebron

Nebron I need me some PIE!

Somebody spent a lot of time reading Destiny reviews and is capable of regurgitating it. Congratulations on being a sheep.

BurnPyro likes this.
  19. BurnPyro

BurnPyro Forum Royalty

Bump for a better Pox.

20. nitebane21

nitebane21 I need me some PIE!

Thank god we have a shining beacon of truth among all the fawning posts about how much people love what DOG is doing with the game.